Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Bomy Island Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-22-2006, 09:33 PM
Mister 1,000,000
GoZelda will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to GoZelda Send a message via MSN to GoZelda
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun
You guys talk about NewMain as if it's the original Graal server. Douzens came before it. People act as if everybody who played it originally is an oldbie by now :lol:

The system goes like this:
Oldbie 98 - 99
Midbie 00 - 02
Newbie 03 - 06

Congratulations!
But next year it'll be oldie 98-00 right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance
stefan is satan
I am the best.
[URL removed]Music or aural pollution?
Old 02-23-2006, 12:15 AM
Somewhat rusty
Loriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to all
Quote:
Oldbie 98 - 99
Midbie 00 - 02
Newbie 03 - 06
Actually it does not.
Old 02-23-2006, 12:16 AM
Somewhat rusty
Loriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Personalitychange
Theres no reason to talk here, because EVERYBODY knows Lance is god.
Hey, that is offensive to my atheistic beliefs
Old 02-23-2006, 03:44 AM
Shaun will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loriel
Actually it does not.
Would you prefer a stricter system as such?

Oldbies: 98
Midbies: 99
Newbies: 00-06

?
Old 02-23-2006, 08:13 AM
Old Bee
konidias will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to konidias
I think he'd prefer that you not class people by when they started. You're not an oldbie just because you've been playing since 98. You're an oldbie if you've been in the community long enough to have a lot of people know you, and have contributed to the community enough, and are a respected member of the community. Also it's about how many hours you've put into Graal. Not "oh I started in 98 but I've only played Graal one time... but now I'm back, so I'm an oldbie!".

Put this image in your sig if you support Bomy Island! (g2k1 revision)
play bomberman while you wait!

Old 02-23-2006, 08:18 AM
RED SQUARE CLUB
Damix2 will become famous soon enough
I tend to think about it according to server as well.
Old 02-23-2006, 10:02 AM
Registered
--Chris-- will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to --Chris--
Unlike the old bodies the sprites of the new ones were made seperately thus allowing for greater gani flexibility. I was working on the Classic body ganis for 2k1 but some things just aren't possible with them, example: kun-fu...I can make 'em punch..maybe an ugly head-butt but in the world do you make them do an efficient kick?

Old 02-23-2006, 10:07 AM
Old Bee
konidias will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to konidias
kung fu is kind of dumb anyway....

Put this image in your sig if you support Bomy Island! (g2k1 revision)
play bomberman while you wait!

Old 02-23-2006, 04:58 PM
Somewhat rusty
Quote:
Would you prefer a stricter system as such?
I would prefer if people stopped making up arbitrary numbers to discriminate themselves from random other people. Konidias kind of got it.
Old 02-23-2006, 05:43 PM
:]
Thak2 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Thak2
I really hope the old bodies are being brought back. There was a poll. Old bodies won. The gani limitations kindof suck, but I would way rather be able to move around and fight in the smooth old way, then have these new awkward bodies and some ganis that look ok but contribute little to the game.

I am only playing 2k1 now in the hopes that the old bodies come back, so I can pk and spar like I used to.
Old 02-23-2006, 06:04 PM
Registered
--Chris-- will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to --Chris--
Um....if you check the amount of valid votes, new bodies won =) It was stated that you post your reason and there was more for new bodies. For all I know some doof could have gotten all his friends (whom possibly don't even play 2k1) to just click and vote "Classic bodies irl"

Old 02-23-2006, 06:11 PM
pretty princess
Correction will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to Correction Send a message via AIM to Correction
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loriel
Yeah, maybe I did. However, you might have misinterpreted my post if you think I take the internet "so seriously". What do you mean, "the rest of our feelings"? Did I utterly destroy the other part of your feelings already or something>
I meant "the feelings of the rest of us," "the rest" referring to a selection of forum-goers.

And what's the point of even having an option to colorize text if nobody uses it? Why does it bother you so much? Maybe your consistent double-posting bothers me.

And if Lyndzey wants to talk about the HP system here, that's fine by me. It does bother me, as well. Considering that I made the thread, shouldn't I be the one to determine what is and what isn't off-topic?

Seriously, quit acting like some kind of authority around here. It's fairly annoying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by --Chris--
Um....if you check the amount of valid votes, new bodies won =) It was stated that you post your reason and there was more for new bodies. For all I know some doof could have gotten all his friends (whom possibly don't even play 2k1) to just click and vote "Classic bodies irl"
You can't throw people's votes out just because they didn't post. The reason most people voted for the old bodies yet didn't post is probably because it doesn't require any explanation.
Old 02-23-2006, 06:15 PM
Somewhat rusty
Quote:
And what's the point of even having an option to colorize text if nobody uses it? Why does it bother you so much? Maybe your consistent double-posting bothers me.
What is the point of having the option to vary text size and font if no one uses it? Hay let's all post in size 100 impact
Perhaps you should learn about how threading works before complaining about double-posting.

Quote:
And if Lyndzey wants to talk about the HP system here, that's fine by me. It does bother me, as well. Considering that I made the thread, shouldn't I be the one to determine what is and what isn't off-topic?
No, you should not.

Quote:
Seriously, quit acting like some kind of authority around here. It's fairly annoying.[/COLOR]
You are fairly annoying as well!

Quote:
You can't throw people's votes out just because they didn't post. The reason most people voted for the old bodies yet didn't post is probably because it doesn't require any explanation.
No, it is actually because they were bribed by Pachuka to oppose progress! Making up retarded reasons is fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Correction
... actually, nevermind. I'm not even going to touch that one.
So why do you not just shut up already?

Quote:
You're welcome to get out of my thread.
Yeah, if the thread belonged to you I even might, but as it concerns some actually rather interesting topic, I am just going to stick around and contribute!
You are also welcome to stop visiting the forums if I annoy you! You can even quit Graal if I am that annoying!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Correction
[green starts here]I wonder if I'm the only one who finds it hilarious... ...that every time I send you a private message you respond to it in that thread, as if it's some kind of sad attempt to publicly humilate me with your "leet pwning skills?"
If you're going to pretend to be a moderator, at least behave accordingly. [/lol no more green]
Huh, I had assumed that you are just sending PMs because your posting is throttled by not having a gold/vip account, so I thought I was making you a favour by responding publicly. Anyway, you should not resort to the kind of insults that "humilate" you when showed in public.
Also I am not at all pretending to be a moderator, I am not threatening to close your account or ban your threads or anything. But I still get to point out when your posts suck.

Last edited by Loriel; 02-23-2006 at 07:32 PM..
Old 02-28-2006, 02:12 AM
stop all the downloadin'
LilNiglet is on a distinguished road
Quote:
You guys talk about NewMain as if it's the original Graal server. Douzens came before it. People act as if everybody who played it originally is an oldbie by now :lol:

Oldbie 98 - 99
Midbie 00 - 02
Newbie 03 - 06

Congratulations!
So where'd you pull those numbers from?