Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Forum Rules and documentation
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Closed Thread

Old 01-16-2009, 08:53 PM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Maybe people should follow the rules? Rules aren't created to be broken, especially if there pretty simple. Almost every forum promotes 'Reading the forum rules before you post'. An infraction usually doesn't mean you get banned, or your account is limited. Warning? There's no big deal about an infraction unless in my opinion.

e) If you wish to create a thread, please ensure that you select the correct forum for the message. If you do not, the thread may be moved or - in extreme cases - deleted. Also, try to give your threads explicit titles (For example, 'RAM problems' is better than 'Help!'), and avoid irritating short titles like '.' or '!'. Poorly-labeled threads may be renamed by the moderators.

Last edit was on, 04-18-2007 at 11:31 AM

Nothings changed.
Which is the whole point... why is that a rule? Why should they worry about what threads are titled? This should be something the poster themselves worry about. If they give their thread a poor title, it will be reflected in poor views and little help. Their loss, they'll learn soon enough. There really is no reason a moderator should have to waste their time on something so petty.
Old 01-16-2009, 08:54 PM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Quote:
I didn't plan justifying anything you asked. Just a reply to your comment.
So instead of posting something that actually had substance you just quoted the forum rules to make yourself seem like a smartass, when really I'm quite aware of what the forum rules say. What they do not say however is why the hell this is being pushed as though it's some kind of issue worth caring about, because it's not. I feel like because I don't care over these issues I come across as just FIGHTING AGAINST THE POWER!!!! but really I just don't see why these trivial issues are heightened so much, the moderation staff should just chill.
Old 01-16-2009, 08:57 PM
iZone Administrator
Matt is a jewel in the roughMatt is a jewel in the rough
I don't know about you, but i'd hate to click on a forum section and see, "omg help", "dang whats wrong?", "please help!!" ect ect. Your right about it being reflected in poor views and little help but, once they realize they're getting little help, then the complaints and begging arrive. That might be what there trying to prevent altogether. Hrm, i guess that's all up to the mods really.
Old 01-16-2009, 08:59 PM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Quote:
I don't know about you, but i'd hate to click on a forum section and see, "omg help", "dang whats wrong?", "please help!!" ect ect. Your right about it being reflected in poor views and little help but, once they realize they're getting little help, then the complaints and begging arrive. That might be what there trying to prevent altogether. Hrm, i guess that's all up to the mods really.
So you've been back a few days and have noticed that this is a huge problem and that people should be punished for posting threads with titles that don't really highlight the issue? I've never noticed. On other forums those threads just don't get replies, not infractions throw at them. I'm starting to believe you're just agreeing/supporting this for the sake of it.
Old 01-16-2009, 09:00 PM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Quote:
I hate a lot of things, and most of them aren't protected by the rules. I agree thread titles should be appropriately named, what I don't agree with is the need for rule enforcement over it. What I definitely don't agree with is a need to remind us, like it's some very important issue.
Old 01-16-2009, 09:09 PM
iZone Administrator
Matt is a jewel in the roughMatt is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
I hate a lot of things, and most of them aren't protected by the rules. I agree thread titles should be appropriately named, what I don't agree with is the need for rule enforcement over it. What I definitely don't agree with is a need to remind us, like it's some very important issue.
Understood, but an infraction? I was positive those were just used as warnings, and expire after a few days, some a few hours. I could be wrong.
Old 01-16-2009, 09:15 PM
Somewhat rusty
Loriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
Why do you guys care? LOL
If we keep giving infractions to all the bad posters, only good posters will be left posting. Being unable to give your thread a descriptive and useful name is a pretty strong indication that you are a bad poster.
Old 01-16-2009, 09:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loriel View Post
If we keep giving infractions to all the bad posters, only good posters will be left posting. Being unable to give your thread a descriptive and useful name is a pretty strong indication that you are a bad poster.
As much as I'm sure you'd love this forum to be a community full of smartasses, it's not supposed to be that way. This is a game community forum targeted towards the Graal community and with the new players predominantely being that of a younger demograph, infractions are far from a solution to such a trivial problem.
Old 01-16-2009, 09:49 PM
Administrator
Darlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Why do you guys care? LOL
Uh, because I am an Admin, and I care about all aspects of the forums, and Graal. The rules were made for a reason. Why do you care? Seriously, there is no reason for this post.

Quote:
I have moderated forums, I used to visit a lot of forums and I sometimes still do. I have never ever seen people care so much about trivial things such as thread titles, and to give an infraction over one? Yeah okay. People are splitting hairs over anything these days; it's getting pretty tiresome, and it has nothing to do with being a moderator.
To my knowledge, there has not been infractions given for this, but it is quite annoying to have to read the thread to see what it is about, especially in tech support.

Quote:
Understood, but an infraction? I was positive those were just used as warnings, and expire after a few days, some a few hours. I could be wrong.
Infractions can be warnings or points. You can read about it in the rules forum.
INFO ABOUT INFRACTIONS.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE NON-GRAAL RELATED FORUM (<<READ THOROUGHLY!)

SUPPORT: http://support.toonslab.com

NOTE: YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN POSTS.
READ>THINK>POST
Old 01-16-2009, 09:53 PM
h8 my username
Unpredlctable is a name known to allUnpredlctable is a name known to allUnpredlctable is a name known to allUnpredlctable is a name known to all
this is a big deal guys
Old 01-16-2009, 10:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darlene159 View Post
Uh, because I am an Admin, and I care about all aspects of the forums, and Graal.
"I have moderated forums, I used to visit a lot of forums and I sometimes still do. I have never ever seen people care so much about trivial things such as thread titles[...]" has already been said, and I stand by it. You can show concern for the forums and you can show concern for the game, a lot of people do and most of the time it isn't appreciated. However, yourself and Sam obsess more and more over trivial things because you seemingly have nothing real to focus on here. We hardly have an active community, and it's not exactly 'together' so why focus on forced formality rather than promotion of a community?

Quote:
The rules were made for a reason. Why do you care? Seriously, there is no reason for this post.
To be fair, there was no real need for the opening post either as it's not exactly a huge problem. What I'd like to know however --now that you've mentioned it-- is what the was reasoning behind making the forum rules, from your own opinion?

Quote:
To my knowledge, there has not been infractions given for this, but it is quite annoying to have to read the thread to see what it is about, especially in tech support.
I agree it can be quite annoying, but so is attempting to force regulation on everyone. The majority of these threads are made by new members of the forums who learn over time. This has never been an issue in the past, people just learn how to post on a forum over time.
Old 01-16-2009, 11:55 PM
Shamed Zorbi
CABAL49 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to CABAL49
I don't really see this as forced regulation, as Sam was not being threatening at all. As Darlene said, no infractions have been given. What I got from Sam's post is to stop being a noob.
What logical reason is there to implement your view of right/wrong?
Old 01-16-2009, 11:56 PM
Administrator
Darlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud of
Quote:
What I'd like to know however --now that you've mentioned it-- is what the was reasoning behind making the forum rules, from your own opinion?
Without rules comes chaos, and people saying "I didnt know it was against the rules!"
At any rate, this is not what this thread is about, and the rules are not going to be discussed as unixmad has stated in the forum rules.
INFO ABOUT INFRACTIONS.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE NON-GRAAL RELATED FORUM (<<READ THOROUGHLY!)

SUPPORT: http://support.toonslab.com

NOTE: YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN POSTS.
READ>THINK>POST
Old 01-16-2009, 11:57 PM
superannuated super mod
Sam is a glorious beacon of lightSam is a glorious beacon of lightSam is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
What I definitely don't agree with is a need to remind us, like it's some very important issue.
I changed a lot of titles last time. So it was important to remind you.
Btw: I never talk about infractions for this.
Old 01-17-2009, 12:25 AM
Conduct is something that people are very aware of. Rules are provided as a means of highlighting what is seen as 'proper' conduct, and informing users what is seen as misconduct. It is pretty much a given in what is expected of your conduct in a forum setting, especially one that is 'official' and a part of an online game. There is nothing wrong with new players, young players, and it has been said many times that the forum rules are provided to establish a forum which welcomes all players. The truth of the matter is, younger players have no interest what so ever in reading a set of forum rules, and why would they? Their intentions in joining the forum are pretty basic, and all they want is to become a part of the community.

If the forum rules were basic and reasonable, there honestly wouldn't be a need for those new members to read up on them. It's kind of funny though, because some countries' constitutions have more elasticism than the rules here. Above all, you should understand that everything should come in moderation, including moderation and half of the rules are pretty excessive. This one rule that you felt needed highlighting isn't even a rule, it's a guideline that is promoted on most forums, but rather than being condescendingly pushed onto members, it's unspoken and a given.

I don't think I've seen either of you post a 'positive' thread in a long time, and that negativity is reflected on the forum as a whole. My main point was that the highlighting of a trivial and seemingly uncommon issue is unnecessary, and as a forum user I'd like to see you both ease up on the newer members' actions as they learn over time, by themselves. Pushing the wrongdoings in their faces of these said members only serves as a means of pushing them out of the community they're trying to enter, and that's something that I hate to see, and something that happens all to often. I have some terrible threads as a new player, but I wasn't moderated and I integrated into the community just fine after a while, so I know these members posting these "bad" threads will eventually do so as well
Closed Thread