Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Your opinion
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

View Poll Results: Future Expectations?
PC Graal has a great future. Retro games will never die out. 7 17.95%
Not much will change, the upcoming updates may help Graal grow, but it won't be groundbreaking. 19 48.72%
It will continue to die slowly, people need to move on and stop chasing the past. 8 20.51%
Graal will be dead soon. 5 12.82%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-22-2011, 02:48 AM
Banned
blader2007_p2p is on a distinguished road
Looks like the majority was right.
Old 07-22-2011, 02:54 AM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ffcmike Send a message via MSN to ffcmike
3 months isn't long in the scale of Graal time, you need to wait longer than that.
Even then it's always going to be the ultimate responsibility of players/developers to "improve" Graal, even with V6, micro-transactions, browser support and advertisement provided by the other platforms.
Old 07-22-2011, 03:12 AM
the KattMan
MattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to MattKan
lol just saw this and I have to respond now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
you know, i dont usually do this but im gonna have to disagree with mattkan about stefan and unixmad not caring about graal. if they didnt care, v6 wouldn't be in the works and stefan wouldn't be asking for feedback from the community.

the bigger problem is that both can be rather stubborn and just dont listen to the community when they dont want to. its their game so fair enough, but a lot of what we've been chiming over the years has been right. :/
Just cuz it's me, right?

They don't seem to care about Graal itself as much as (or anywhere close to) the profits they receive from it. They are asking for feedback for V6 so that it can improve it / keep players paying for the game longer. I don't really think they want to improve Graal for personal accomplishment rather than profit.

And, yes, it's a bit far-fetched to say and in many ways assume that, but it is consistent with the other things they have done:

It seems they are just milking money out of the different Graal platforms. Classic iPhone, for instance, had a great period of time where it thrived. Players loved the server, content was released, etc. Now Stefan and Unixmad have virtually abandoned the server (in terms of content), and have moved onto Graal Facebook. Classic iPhone is probably still making money, and they don't really need to do anything to keep that money coming in; new players will continue to come and spend money to replace the old players that aren't. But the server isn't actually improving, which leads me to believe that they don't care about the server - other than the fact that it brings in profit. The same thing will probably happen to Facebook, and then Android, and then whatever happens to come next.

I would think that Stefan, having put time and effort many years ago to create this game, would want to make it better and maybe even think of it as his "baby", and try to make the game the best it can be- for self accomplishment purposes, and not the profits it brings.
Old 07-22-2011, 03:56 AM
The Muffin Man
Tricxta is a jewel in the roughTricxta is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattKan View Post
I would think that Stefan, having put time and effort many years ago to create this game, would want to make it better and maybe even think of it as his "baby", and try to make the game the best it can be- for self accomplishment purposes, and not the profits it brings.
^ this

It's genius.
Old 07-22-2011, 04:06 AM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ffcmike Send a message via MSN to ffcmike
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattKan View Post
I wouldn't expect a game developer to be motivated to improve the game for the sake of personal accomplishment, this isn't a hobby in the same way that it is for someone such as myself.
I would however expect a game developer to be motivated to improve the game for the sake of it being the most reliable way to profit long term.

There is only so far you can take a product which isn't as good as it can be, whereas a better product would theoretically make the job of selling it easier.
Old 07-22-2011, 04:17 AM
The Muffin Man
so whens pc graal going to become f2p with a system of making money like facebook and the iPhone? Stefan should take better care of the roots of graal where graal originally grew from. Just sayin...

It's genius.
Old 07-22-2011, 04:42 AM
the KattMan
MattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to MattKan
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffcmike View Post
I wouldn't expect a game developer to be motivated to improve the game for the sake of personal accomplishment, this isn't a hobby in the same way that it is for someone such as myself.
Well, that's how I would always want to be, anyways.
Old 07-22-2011, 06:47 AM
\(^∀^)メ(≧∇≦)ノ
Hiro has a spectacular aura aboutHiro has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Hiro
personally, i just don't care anymore
Old 07-22-2011, 06:50 AM
The Muffin Man
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricxta View Post
so whens pc graal going to become f2p with a system of making money like facebook and the iPhone? Stefan should take better care of the roots of graal where graal originally grew from. Just sayin...
"your such a retard" lol thank you random admirer <3

It's genius.