Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Graal Main Forum (English)
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-27-2006, 11:48 PM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
Hmm yes.

I think graal should be advertised as a whole, showing players when they join the game there is a variety of different worlds to join. And if they dont like any of them, they can make their own world just the way they like it

Sorry for the double post.

Some basic template sizes of what banners you get now, maybe everyone could try and make their own banners of a chosen size? Doesnt matter if you go outside the size of the templates.
They are just the general shapes.

Think that would be a good idea?
Standard banner sizes:

There's not much material to work with though at the moment though. I might commission some Graal art myself.
Old 10-27-2006, 11:52 PM
Boom!
Stephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
There's not much material to work with though at the moment though. I might commission some Graal art myself.
omg liek I can draw and liek I liek moneyz.
Old 10-27-2006, 11:53 PM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
omg liek I can draw and liek I liek moneyz.
omg liek I hav moneyz and liek I liek ppl who can draw.
Old 10-27-2006, 11:56 PM
iZone Administrator
Matt is a jewel in the roughMatt is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by zim5354 View Post
We build there servers for free. Now they want us to advertise for them also...
Stop trying to make it sound like you have no choices and your being forced into something you don't want to do . You know that's not the case at all, you have the option of developing a server, and alot of players see that to be fun, which it is. You always have options, remember that.
Old 10-27-2006, 11:56 PM
Psionic Youth
Tyhm will become famous soon enough
*shrugs* I did add the caveat it'd be nice to get official permission. I smell smoke; the first person to actually buy banners on Graal's behalf may suffer The Usual Backlash. Or maybe not, it's always a surprise.

Dude, don't invent quotes to back up your "argument", let's at least pretend to behave. Neither the account nor post quoted exist, and yes, amazingly, that defines spam.

Word of mouth probably IS better than banner-ads. In fact we've been discussing it allllllll the way down in Future Improvements - The Last Public Forum - about (FOR THOSE OF US WHO CHOOSE TO HELP) which method would be most effective, and when the best time to advertise would be. Given that such a thread already exists, let this thread continue under the assumption that there will be banners regardless of their relative efficacy, and work on finalizing the best banners possible in the event they'll be deployed.

"Power does not corrupt. Fear corrupts, perhaps the fear of a loss of power."- John Steinbeck
"I'm only acting retarded, what's your excuse?" queried the Gord.
- My pet, the Levelup Gnome

http://forums.graalonline.com/forums...&postcount=233
Old 10-27-2006, 11:59 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Stop trying to make it sound like you have no choices and your being forced into something you don't want to do . You know that's not the case at all, you have the option of developing a server, and alot of players see that to be fun, which it is. You always have options, remember that.
Development is like an addiction really, they addicted me :[
Old 10-28-2006, 12:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyhm View Post
Word of mouth probably IS better than banner-ads. In fact we've been discussing it allllllll the way down in Future Improvements - The Last Public Forum - about (FOR THOSE OF US WHO CHOOSE TO HELP) which method would be most effective, and when the best time to advertise would be. Given that such a thread already exists, let this thread continue under the assumption that there will be banners regardless of their relative efficacy, and work on finalizing the best banners possible in the event they'll be deployed.
I agree, there are better ways, like I said in the other thread, "we understand what an ad is and what it is not" but it seems to me that people are not going to be happy until some are made, which is silly.

Once advertised (which I personally feel should come later) how will people get players to stay? Is there a quality server around enough for a mass amount of people to join? Sadly, I'm not sure there is.
Old 10-28-2006, 12:02 AM
That one guy!
zim5354 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Send a message via AIM to zim5354
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyld View Post
That's different to Cyberjoueurs wanting us to advertise for them. Word of mouth is voluntary; you tell someone because you want to. Not because you have to.
Yea your right happy?
Old 10-28-2006, 12:02 AM
Psionic Youth
Meh, nothing WRONG with making banner ads. It's not going to hurt Graal any to Also have banners, regardless of what the Best Method is; I just hope we also get to use some alternatives.

That said, OMG BRILLYUNT IDEA FOR A BANNER, OK, IT ARE ANIMATED, AND THIS NOOB RUNS PAST A HOUSE ON A GREEN FIELD, AND THIS BADDY'S CHASING HIM, SO HE DROPS A BOMB, AND THEN THE BOMB GOES BOOOM!, NO MORE BADDY!

It'd be nostalgic anyway.

"Power does not corrupt. Fear corrupts, perhaps the fear of a loss of power."- John Steinbeck

Old 10-28-2006, 12:03 AM
Psionic Youth
Quote:
Originally Posted by zim5354 View Post
Yea your right happy?
Would you quit your bloody whining and go elsewhere? "WAH, I DON'T WANNA ADVERTISE GRAAL!" Seriously! It's like walking into the chess club and whining that Chess is boring! If you don't like it, don't contribute!

Old 10-28-2006, 12:04 AM
Quote:
Meh, nothing WRONG with making banner ads. It's not going to hurt Graal any to Also have banners, regardless of what the Best Method is; I just hope we also get to use some alternatives.
What is the point in advertising things which are -hopefully- going to be improved in the near future? It seems logical to advertise once servers are of better quality.
Old 10-28-2006, 12:09 AM
iZone Administrator
Matt is a jewel in the roughMatt is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerami View Post
Development is like an addiction really, they addicted me :[
Well actually that's very true, but there's still ways to stop. You just need to gain some self control.
Old 10-28-2006, 12:09 AM
Psionic Youth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
What is the point in advertising things which are -hopefully- going to be improved in the near future? It seems logical to advertise once servers are of better quality.
I agree wholeheartedly - especially as regards the website, which is not fit to entertain guests - but why Not get the invitations ready? No, by no means should we send them out, but we can (to follow the metaphor) write them out, seal the envelopes and stamp 'em...
Thus, the ideal banner-ad would have content such as is unlikely to change between points A and B. Or, content which predicts the future environment. Thus, if it were announced (to flog a dead horse) that there would be some manner of Hub World and some manner of Global Quest, it would behoove Graal to have an advertisment ready which mentions such things. Likewise, I doubt the existing worlds will have so total a makeover that the characters/ganis/tileset will become obsolete, thus one could patch together screenshots into an ad...though the plot and content of such an ad leave room for speculation.

Old 10-28-2006, 12:11 AM
Quote:
No, by no means should we send them out, but we can (to follow the metaphor) write them out, seal the envelopes and stamp 'em...

I agree with that, it just seemed like everyone was rushing to get things done, that's all.

I can get us onto Newgrounds front page, but I can see what kind of impact this would do, I currently don't think it's worth using that option.
Old 10-28-2006, 12:20 AM
Psionic Youth
Not yet, but let's hold that thought. When Graal's ready, NewGrounds' front page will be an incredible boon - especially if we can advertise something like that it's a Free Game again (or at least, Shareware on one Read-Only Newbie server, which is as good as Free for the first few hours)

You know, while we're at it, why NOT campaign via advertisements? Why not make banners that advertise the Graal of the Future, the way we want it to be? It may help sell the top admins on the idea if the ad campaign's already ready already.