Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 05-30-2012, 02:00 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Killstreaks & Achievements

To help keep PKing on Era a little more fun and dynamic, I propose the addition of killstreaks and PK achievements.

At first, these would only apply to gang kills/gang members, but could eventually be expanded to those not in gangs once any kinks have been ironed out.

Killstreaks
A killstreak is simple: you kill a certain number of players without dying. The higher the killstreak, the better the bonus.

To make it a little more interesting, we would have two types of killstreaks:
  • a "general killstreak" which increments for every player killed.
  • a "gang killstreak" which increments for every member of a certain gang killed; for example, if I kill 5 BH members without dying.

PK Achievements
PK achievements cover a wide range of possibilities. Some examples:
  • Revenge. Kill an enemy who last killed you within 3 minutes of that kill.
  • Flawless. Kill an enemy (who has full health), by yourself, without taking any damage.
  • Rampage. Kill three enemies within 15 seconds.
  • Cold-Blooded. Kill an enemy with your melee weapon.
  • Frag Out. Kill an enemy with a frag grenade.
  • White-Hot. Kill an enemy while blinded.
  • Juggernaut. Take 500 damage without dying.
  • Kill Steal. Steal a kill from another member of your gang.
  • Going "Rogue". Die three times without getting any kills in a gang raid, and mention lag after each death.

Bonuses
A bonus is a result of getting either a killstreak of a PK achievement. There are two types: those which affect only you, and those which affect your entire gang.

Any numbers listed (like “heal +10”) are just placeholders and will be balanced once this idea has been fully hammered out.

The better the bonus, the harder it will be to achieve. Some bonuses will have multiple incarnations (e.g. a 2-kill-streak gives you an instant +10 heal but a 5-kill-streak gives you +40).

We can deal with mapping achievements to bonuses later. Right now I’m more interested to hear which bonuses are a good idea, which are bad, and any other ideas for bonuses.

Any bonus which lasts over time (like “an additional 10 max HP”) will range from a few seconds to an hour. We’ll discuss that at a later stage.

All of these effects can be applied to either an individual or to a gang. Bonuses applied to a whole gang would last for less time than those applied to an individual.
  • Instant Heal. Heal +10, +20, etc.
  • Heal Faster. Heal an additional +5 or even +10.
  • Nuke 'Em. Obtain a free nuke.
  • Tank. Gain an additional 10 max HP for some time.
  • 20/20. Blind doesn’t affect you.
  • Fireproof. Fire doesn’t damage you.
  • Armor-Piercing. Your bullets do damage to a player’s health and not their armor (if they’re wearing armor).
  • Full Heal. No explanation needed.
  • High Caliber. Your bullets do 1.5x their normal damage.

In-Game Display
Both killstreaks and PK achievements would display at the top-right of the screen for a couple of seconds, and then fade out.

When you get a bonus, it shows briefly at the bottom-left of the screen:

This would show for about 5 seconds before fading out. This only shows for those who get the bonus, not for everyone. So, if Smasher gets an achievement which results in his entire gang getting a bonus, his entire gang sees this box at the bottom left. If the bonus he receives affects only him, then only he sees it.

For bonuses that have a timed effect (like high caliber, heal faster, etc.), an icon shows for each at the top-left of your screen, to the right of the main HUD.

(I’d like to eventually improve the look of the HUD as well)

The bonuses are just a series of icons side-by-side, with the number of seconds left counting down. If you hover over the icon, the name of the bonus appears (as you see with “Fireproof”).

Obviously I’m no artist, and I’d like to have these graphics done by somebody with some more experience, but these should give you a general idea on the implementation.

Opinions

I’d like to hear what you have to think, especially about possibilities for bonuses and achievements, but also about the idea in general and any changes that could be made to it.
Old 05-30-2012, 02:03 AM
graal player lord
Imperialistic is a jewel in the roughImperialistic is a jewel in the rough
I think I would actually play Era if there was something to achieve besides reputation.
Old 05-30-2012, 02:08 AM
a true gentlemen
Tim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to behold
Yes.
Old 05-30-2012, 02:35 AM
asdfg
BlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to behold
Looks amazing.
Old 05-30-2012, 02:46 AM
ω
Seeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Seeya
****ing awesome. can't wait to see this in-game.

Old 05-30-2012, 02:53 AM
Alfonso :3
Dragon551 is a splendid one to beholdDragon551 is a splendid one to beholdDragon551 is a splendid one to beholdDragon551 is a splendid one to beholdDragon551 is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Dragon551 Send a message via MSN to Dragon551
Putting more work in, good job, Chris.

---------------------
---------------------
#AGT
Old 05-30-2012, 03:27 AM
Stay Frosty
WillaWonka will become famous soon enough
Go right ahead bud.
Old 05-30-2012, 04:40 AM
the KattMan
MattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to MattKan
Sounds cool! May make me actually want to play Era! XD
Old 05-30-2012, 05:27 PM
Forum Moderator
TSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk1994 View Post
Going "Rogue". Die three times without getting any kills in a gang raid, and mention lag after each death.
Haaaaaah! I see what you did there.
· User Agreement · Code of Conduct · Forum Rules ·
· Graal Support · Administrative Contacts ·
Old 05-30-2012, 05:40 PM
Still wasting time here?
Scoper is a glorious beacon of lightScoper is a glorious beacon of lightScoper is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Scoper
Fiberwyre has spoken about both parts of this plan in great detail as well, should perhaps look at his work.

"I don't believe that right choice confers immunity. I no longer believe in reward. I simply believe that choices must be made regardless of their chances of success. And so I've come here."
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodykiller View Post
take my liver but not my classic accounts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohola_KinG View Post
That's the type of guy you are. Never wrong, always right. Headache material you are.
Old 05-30-2012, 09:24 PM
Posting The Truth
Supaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of light
<3
Old 05-30-2012, 10:28 PM
LOCAL DOUCHEBAG
James is a splendid one to beholdJames is a splendid one to beholdJames is a splendid one to beholdJames is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to James
no rc-xd is a total deal-breaker

JAMES BAY PACKERS
2011 FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS
2012 FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS

“If I can slow it down in my mind... things will be fine."

-Aaron Rodgers
2011's NFL Most Valuable Player

Old 05-31-2012, 12:50 AM
world-class douchebag
RogueShatterblade will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to RogueShatterblade
Yes.

*Bell: I'm going to faint, Ocelot turned into a real human being. One I can actually have some respect for.

Old 05-31-2012, 11:29 PM
skillmaster19 will become famous soon enough
Yes give people who are already dominating bonuses so others can get dominated even more, I like it.

Last edited by TSAdmin; 06-01-2012 at 02:43 AM..
Old 06-01-2012, 08:40 PM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by skillmaster19 View Post
Yes give people who are already dominating bonuses so others can get dominated even more, I like it.
Don't worry, we'll add some deathstreaks just for you.