Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-29-2012, 04:55 PM
Era since 2005
bloodykiller is infamous around these partsbloodykiller is infamous around these parts
can't open inventory while healing

When you eat a donut, cheese or anything else that heals over time you can't open your inventory for the time that you're healing + some additional seconds (a total of 20-30seconds i'd say). If you keep ur inventory open after u eat food, it'll stay open (without being able to close it) for those 20-30seconds, blocking your visual and making it impossible to PK since your inventory is open in front of ur character.
I see no reason for food to act like this..fill me in if u think there actually is a reason.
Old 03-29-2012, 06:17 PM
a true gentlemen
Tim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to behold
You're just now noticing? It's been like this for the past year. Pretty sure it was added (not by me) to prevent people from running and healing.
Old 03-29-2012, 06:20 PM
Chi Patrol
taylor is a name known to alltaylor is a name known to alltaylor is a name known to alltaylor is a name known to all
In reality you should be able to sit down with a nice cup of coffee and a donut, chill out and reminisce about the "good ol' times"... What the **** has this Era world come to.
Old 03-29-2012, 08:41 PM
Duffe is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodykiller View Post
When you eat a donut, cheese or anything else that heals over time you can't open your inventory for the time that you're healing + some additional seconds (a total of 20-30seconds i'd say). If you keep ur inventory open after u eat food, it'll stay open (without being able to close it) for those 20-30seconds, blocking your visual and making it impossible to PK since your inventory is open in front of ur character.
I see no reason for food to act like this..fill me in if u think there actually is a reason.
you talk too much
Old 03-29-2012, 09:05 PM
Alfonso :3
Dragon551 is a splendid one to beholdDragon551 is a splendid one to beholdDragon551 is a splendid one to beholdDragon551 is a splendid one to beholdDragon551 is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Dragon551 Send a message via MSN to Dragon551
I added it a long time ago, during Vulcans management. It freezes your inventory to prevent you from abusing a glitch allowing you to heal constantly while walking (I think that was the correct glitch). Or something like that, it was a whole back so I don't remember anything about it. Why are you complaining about it now?

---------------------
---------------------
#AGT
Old 03-29-2012, 09:11 PM
a true gentlemen
Tim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon551 View Post
Why are you complaining about it now?
He needs something to complain about.

"Hmm, what can I complain about today?" - TK everyday.
Old 03-29-2012, 09:18 PM
Posting The Truth
Supaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of light
Pull a Smasher/Masa and just hot-key your donuts/bow/AC/etc.
Old 03-30-2012, 12:06 AM
Era since 2005
bloodykiller is infamous around these partsbloodykiller is infamous around these parts
i never said this was new, i simply said that it's useless. after i eat a donut i can't take out artillery cannon or any other non-hotkeyable item.
Old 03-30-2012, 01:08 AM
Dragon551 is a splendid one to beholdDragon551 is a splendid one to beholdDragon551 is a splendid one to beholdDragon551 is a splendid one to beholdDragon551 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
i never said this was new
No one said you did, we just don't understand why you're complaining 1~ year after it was released.

---------------------
---------------------
#AGT
Old 03-30-2012, 01:21 AM
Era since 2005
luckily u don't work for era anymore, this was probably 1 of the stupid things u added so it'd be best if it was removed since it seems pointless to me
Old 03-30-2012, 04:22 AM
Quote:
luckily u don't work for era anymore, this was probably 1 of the stupid things u added so it'd be best if it was removed since it seems pointless to me
I still work for Era, silly. Also, you say everything I made was stupid geez make up your mind. I made you anyways /zsnap

---------------------
---------------------
#AGT
Old 03-30-2012, 04:51 AM
Fiberwyre_P2P will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim_Rocks View Post
You're just now noticing? It's been like this for the past year. Pretty sure it was added (not by me) to prevent people from running and healing.
It really is stupid. That was added before the new food system was added (i.e. food that expressly lets you run and heal.)
Old 03-30-2012, 06:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiberwyre_P2P View Post
It really is stupid. That was added before the new food system was added (i.e. food that expressly lets you run and heal.)
The inventory freezer? No it wasn't Well maybe on some foods but not all of them, I noticed foods gave different flags to the players and the inventory system used about 20 different ones to freeze/disable itself so not every food item would have the same effect.

---------------------
---------------------
#AGT
Old 03-30-2012, 06:41 AM
Finger lickin' good.
salesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon551 View Post
I added it a long time ago, during Vulcans management. It freezes your inventory to prevent you from abusing a glitch allowing you to heal constantly while walking (I think that was the correct glitch). Or something like that, it was a whole back so I don't remember anything about it. Why are you complaining about it now?
so instead of fixing the problem you just prevent people from using their inventory?

I'm glad bloodykiller brought this up because I meant to back when I first noticed it.
Old 03-30-2012, 12:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by salesman View Post
so instead of fixing the problem you just prevent people from using their inventory?

I'm glad bloodykiller brought this up because I meant to back when I first noticed it.
The fact that they were using their inventory was the problem to begin with. I find the whole idea of moving and healing stupid anyways to be honest, there were instances where a player would die and they happen to die right when they gain 5 hp and would just get back up again. No one has reslly complained about it before so I figured it wasn't that big of a deal, you'd think after a year of it happening you would at least mention it if it annoyed you.

---------------------
---------------------
#AGT