Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 4.67 average. Display Modes
Old 12-02-2013, 04:29 PM
Kohola_KinG is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supaman771 View Post
.1 freeze
minimum
Won't happen. As much as you're right, they won't do it. It kind of annoys me because they know nothing about guns/stats and act like they do.
Old 12-03-2013, 04:15 AM
Forum Moderator
TSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohola_KinG View Post
Won't happen. As much as you're right, they won't do it. It kind of annoys me because they know nothing about guns/stats and act like they do.
Most managements of Era don't know anything about guns/stats but that's purely because everybody has different opinions of what it will be and how loud those people argue matters. Let's say this or next management implemented every "good" stat Supaman suggested. You'll always have people like bloodykiller or someone else out there who will loudly voice that it is a terrible stat set and offer their ideas. Implement those, well you get the idea. Vicious circle continues. Nobody wins, ever, nor will they. Also, because of that, there will never be a "balanced contentment" for base stats either.
· User Agreement · Code of Conduct · Forum Rules ·
· Graal Support · Administrative Contacts ·
Old 12-03-2013, 01:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSAdmin View Post
Most managements of Era don't know anything about guns/stats but that's purely because everybody has different opinions of what it will be and how loud those people argue matters. Let's say this or next management implemented every "good" stat Supaman suggested. You'll always have people like bloodykiller or someone else out there who will loudly voice that it is a terrible stat set and offer their ideas. Implement those, well you get the idea. Vicious circle continues. Nobody wins, ever, nor will they. Also, because of that, there will never be a "balanced contentment" for base stats either.

Most managements of era don't or never have pked. So how does there opinion matter? It only matters because they are in management but it doesn't mean they're right. Would you let a doctor do surgery on you? No you wouldn't because that's a surgeons job. Would you ask a surgeon about a medical condition? No, that's a doctors job. Basically what i am saying is, why let somebody touch something they have no knowledge about. I know these guys and I've played this game for years to know they don't know how guns work therefore they should not be touching them.

If you do decide to touch them then make your mind up and stick with your decision don't keep changing the stats etc. If you logged on era recently you will see that everybody is calling for zaos head because the guns were changed yet again.
Old 12-03-2013, 03:03 PM
Forum Moderator
TSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Most managements of era don't or never have pked. So how does there opinion matter? It only matters because they are in management but it doesn't mean they're right. Would you let a doctor do surgery on you? No you wouldn't because that's a surgeons job. Would you ask a surgeon about a medical condition? No, that's a doctors job. Basically what i am saying is, why let somebody touch something they have no knowledge about. I know these guys and I've played this game for years to know they don't know how guns work therefore they should not be touching them.

If you do decide to touch them then make your mind up and stick with your decision don't keep changing the stats etc. If you logged on era recently you will see that everybody is calling for zaos head because the guns were changed yet again.
I don't know if it's sad or not, but I haven't had to log in to hear that and I have heard that.

Either way, you're right about that part. Management should listen to the people more regarding this issue and if they are, they're obviously listening to the least agreeable ideals those they are listening to and filling in the blanks.

I've had my 2 cents worth though. Nothing I can do but agree that things have been better and managements that come and go tend to try to make their mark in Era by having things their way in every system possible. I hope some sense comes in the future.
· User Agreement · Code of Conduct · Forum Rules ·
· Graal Support · Administrative Contacts ·
Old 12-04-2013, 08:21 AM
Kanto League Champion
Demisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud of
In terms of gun balance, damage, firing rate and freeze are the only stats that matter. And because the latter two stats need to be multiples of 0.05, and because players have determined that the only acceptable range for those stats are 0.05-0.1 for freeze and 0.05-0.2 for firing rate the number of variations is extremely limited, and the combinations before you end up with 0.5/0.5 guns is equally as limited.

Reload speed is totally ignored as a stat, and because of that the clip size of guns is also a completely irrelevant stat, because players can reload whenever they want with essentially no penalty. Which sucks because these stats could be used a lot better and could completely reshape PKing.

I always planned to make guns have meaningful reload times, so that it was impossible for players to wall. The idea was to let players move while reloading, but to increase the time of reloading to 1-2 seconds for rifles, 0.5-1 second for handguns and for shotguns to reload a single shell at the time (had shotguns working like that for a while and I really enjoyed it). The other part of the plan was to release 3 hotkey slots, so that players could switch out weapons to finish somebody off instead of getting stuck reloading, which should have placated most of the complainers. In the end I guess the hotkeys were eventually released but the reload changes never happened.

Outside of guns, health and speed are the next most important stats.
Speed was approached completely wrong, because there are so many ways to circumvent the item space limit that it's barely worth having. Caps and workers potions just exacerbate the issue even more.
Players should not suffer a walk speed penalty for having 100 hats on them, which provide absolutely no benefit at all. And on the other side of the same coin, a player shouldnt be able to walk around with 5 guns, body armor, 100 grenades, 30 claymores and 20 super elixirs at full speed.
My planned solution was to eventually expand the hotkey system into a "create a class" system, whereby only the items that the player had hotkeyed counted towards their weight and affected their walking speed.
Most of this stuff was about whole game balance though, and not just gun balance.

The only other "gun balance" idea I could think of was adding a damage range to weapons. So the Ak-47 might be 15-24 damage, M16 might be 17-22 damage and M4 might be 20-22 damage. Hard to balance though, and sort of eats away at the skill aspect of the game.

Last edited by Demisis_P2P; 12-04-2013 at 08:39 AM..
Old 12-04-2013, 08:22 AM
Kanto League Champion
Demisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud of
p.s. nobody cares about sparring theyd rather play era habbo hotel.
Old 12-05-2013, 01:54 AM
Banned
Godzilla has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demisis_P2P View Post
In terms of gun balance, damage, firing rate and freeze are the only stats that matter. And because the latter two stats need to be multiples of 0.05, and because players have determined that the only acceptable range for those stats are 0.05-0.1 for freeze and 0.05-0.2 for firing rate the number of variations is extremely limited, and the combinations before you end up with 0.5/0.5 guns is equally as limited.

Reload speed is totally ignored as a stat, and because of that the clip size of guns is also a completely irrelevant stat, because players can reload whenever they want with essentially no penalty. Which sucks because these stats could be used a lot better and could completely reshape PKing.

I always planned to make guns have meaningful reload times, so that it was impossible for players to wall. The idea was to let players move while reloading, but to increase the time of reloading to 1-2 seconds for rifles, 0.5-1 second for handguns and for shotguns to reload a single shell at the time (had shotguns working like that for a while and I really enjoyed it). The other part of the plan was to release 3 hotkey slots, so that players could switch out weapons to finish somebody off instead of getting stuck reloading, which should have placated most of the complainers. In the end I guess the hotkeys were eventually released but the reload changes never happened.

Outside of guns, health and speed are the next most important stats.
Speed was approached completely wrong, because there are so many ways to circumvent the item space limit that it's barely worth having. Caps and workers potions just exacerbate the issue even more.
Players should not suffer a walk speed penalty for having 100 hats on them, which provide absolutely no benefit at all. And on the other side of the same coin, a player shouldnt be able to walk around with 5 guns, body armor, 100 grenades, 30 claymores and 20 super elixirs at full speed.
My planned solution was to eventually expand the hotkey system into a "create a class" system, whereby only the items that the player had hotkeyed counted towards their weight and affected their walking speed.
Most of this stuff was about whole game balance though, and not just gun balance.

The only other "gun balance" idea I could think of was adding a damage range to weapons. So the Ak-47 might be 15-24 damage, M16 might be 17-22 damage and M4 might be 20-22 damage. Hard to balance though, and sort of eats away at the skill aspect of the game.
Maybe if you didn't have a life you could come back and finish these things off
Old 12-05-2013, 06:32 PM
Era since 2005
bloodykiller is infamous around these partsbloodykiller is infamous around these parts
we gotta catch 'em all!!!!
Old 12-08-2013, 02:26 AM
Finger lickin' good.
salesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supaman771 View Post
.1 freeze
minimum
I actually did this at one point without telling anyone. Guns like the mp5 still "showed" 0.5 freeze in the stats, so few people realized...but a few people complained and my change was reverted
Old 12-14-2013, 12:01 AM
So it looks like they added the 1v2, 2v2 etc in the spar complex.. Haven't had much time to check it out, who done it and what do you think of it?

Looks awesome but from what i can see you can't decide who is in your team??
Old 12-14-2013, 12:31 AM
a true gentlemen
Tim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
So it looks like they added the 1v2, 2v2 etc in the spar complex.. Haven't had much time to check it out, who done it and what do you think of it?

Looks awesome but from what i can see you can't decide who is in your team??
I made it, and it's set-up to accept a limit of three players for each team. I will be doing a challenge mode so you can pick who is on your team. Then the team creator will be able to challenge other registered teams.
Old 12-14-2013, 06:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim_Rocks View Post
I made it, and it's set-up to accept a limit of three players for each team. I will be doing a challenge mode so you can pick who is on your team. Then the team creator will be able to challenge other registered teams.

Good stuff. Not sure about the location, maybe put it where large spar is since that's never used anyway.

Would also be nice if we could have a classic spar room where only Aks,Uzis & HG's are allowed.
Old 12-15-2013, 11:01 PM
stuck in the enemy zone
-HateD- will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Would also be nice if we could have a classic spar room where only Aks,Uzis & HG's are allowed.
Prepare to rack up some losses gents.
Old 12-21-2013, 11:32 PM
Venom_Fish is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Venom_Fish
Spars like these will revitalize era. Nice job, Tim.
We need to get competition back into era. The significance of how good you are, or your crew, or your gang was what drove era in its golden age. Without that, it can only ever amount to a shell of its former self.
"I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all." - Ecclesiastes 9:11
Old 12-22-2013, 03:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom_Fish View Post
Spars like these will revitalize era. Nice job, Tim.
We need to get competition back into era. The significance of how good you are, or your crew, or your gang was what drove era in its golden age. Without that, it can only ever amount to a shell of its former self.

They will indeed and I've been saying it all along, Tim's the only one whos ever listened. Sad.