Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-20-2012, 11:31 PM
Still wasting time here?
Scoper is a glorious beacon of lightScoper is a glorious beacon of lightScoper is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Scoper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim_Rocks View Post
Yes, but to be fair, not a whole lot was known about me. We know too much about Tk Pretty sure the reactions of me getting manager were "Wtf, a random LAT is manager??"
Most of our arguments were also WTF PWA no. just no.
They're the ones who know nothing.

"I don't believe that right choice confers immunity. I no longer believe in reward. I simply believe that choices must be made regardless of their chances of success. And so I've come here."
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodykiller View Post
take my liver but not my classic accounts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohola_KinG View Post
That's the type of guy you are. Never wrong, always right. Headache material you are.
Old 10-20-2012, 11:42 PM
Era since 2005
bloodykiller is infamous around these partsbloodykiller is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim_Rocks View Post
^ No. And the server is pretty profitable as it is anyway, Stefan doesn't have to do much. There's obviously room for improvement, but for a server with little involvement on his part, it's pretty decent.
era rarely reaches 100 players online at once, as an online game it's a complete failure. stefan could profit much more, still by doing nothing..not to talk about the money he'd recieve right away which would be equal to roughly 1 year of era's current profits. but hey, some people are born business men who aim to become milionaires and others are satisfied with making a good amount of money when they could be making 10x (or probably more) as much.
Old 10-21-2012, 01:45 AM
Alfonso :3
Dragon551 is a splendid one to beholdDragon551 is a splendid one to beholdDragon551 is a splendid one to beholdDragon551 is a splendid one to beholdDragon551 is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Dragon551 Send a message via MSN to Dragon551
PC servers don't really return as much revenue as you may think..

---------------------
---------------------
#AGT
Old 10-21-2012, 01:58 AM
Cool Guy 5000
MonkeyBob has a spectacular aura about
The decision to make the FAQ team was a widely discussed topic for quite some time. I believe having one entity to assist players like all other servers, unlike Zodiac, will greatly benefit Era in may ways. There should always be a team that is solely dedicated to the assistance of players in regards to general player concerns. The PR team cannot always assist players, though they are encouraged to assist players. I believe the FAQ team will be more effective and better suited to assist players. This approach, we hope, will help the players in a more effective and timely manner. We cannot expect perfection, but we can expect results. For the these reasons we have created this new FAQ team.
Old 10-21-2012, 02:06 AM
Finger lickin' good.
salesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud of
Reorganizing the staff team is always a good way for new admins to say, "hey, look at me, I'm doing stuff!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyBob View Post
The decision to make the FAQ team was a widely discussed topic for quite some time. I believe having one entity to assist players like all other servers, unlike Zodiac, will greatly benefit Era in may ways. There should always be a team that is solely dedicated to the assistance of players in regards to general player concerns. The PR team cannot always assist players, though they are encouraged to assist players. I believe the FAQ team will be more effective and better suited to assist players. This approach, we hope, will help the players in a more effective and timely manner. We cannot expect perfection, but we can expect results. For the these reasons we have created this new FAQ team.
so you create a "single" entity for assisting players by splitting up a single entity for assisting players into two entities...
Old 10-21-2012, 02:48 AM
Butterscotch Pudding
shrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to behold
I've always found PRs just ignore most basic questions, or they feel they it's not their responsibility to answer questions.
Old 10-21-2012, 02:52 AM
a true gentlemen
Tim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by salesman View Post
Reorganizing the staff team is always a good way for new admins to say, "hey, look at me, I'm doing stuff!"
Going to have to agree with Sales on this, it was a stupid move.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrimps View Post
I've always found PRs just ignore most basic questions, or they feel they it's not their responsibility to answer questions.
Yeah, it's because instead of reasonable questions, you expect PR's to have a complete knowledge base of every single little gun. In other words, my favorite PM's, PC [item], or warpto me. Those are really the only PM's I would recommend ignoring.
Old 10-21-2012, 04:52 AM
Era since 2005
bloodykiller is infamous around these partsbloodykiller is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon551 View Post
PC servers don't really return as much revenue as you may think..
exactly, IMO era could have thousands of players online at once with:
1. good guns
2. old gang system/bases with additions
3. payed staff
4. advertisement
5. better server(s)
and other stuff i figured out which i can't remember atm

just think about all the *****s playing WoW, era takes 10x more skill than WoW
ik it's a totally different game but the playercounts aren't even comparable
Old 10-21-2012, 05:14 AM
a true gentlemen
Tim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Quote:
1. good guns
There are 70+ guns are Era...
Quote:
The old system, was uh, literally just a guild system. What made gangs so much more fun back in the day was the people who were running those gangs. The bases make no difference to this in any way. Too many players concerned with dying and they run away and ruin all the fun (this is your specialty).
Quote:
3. payed staff
That will never happen, Andrew from iEra is lucky he gets paid in Gelets.
Quote:
4. advertisement
I will agree to this, with proper advertisements, we could get more players in and playing, which would also increase money for Stefan, which in turn would help him to want to be more involved.
Quote:
5. better server(s)
Meh.
Old 10-21-2012, 05:21 AM
Kingdoms Management
NicoX will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to NicoX Send a message via MSN to NicoX
Quote:
1. good guns
3. payed staff
4. advertisement
5. better server(s)
and other stuff i figured out which i can't remember atm

just think about all the *****s playing WoW, era takes 10x more skill than WoW
ik it's a totally different game but the playercounts aren't even comparable
You are a fool. Graal first needs to go f2p with micro transactions, then this Game can suceed.
Paying 30 USD for 8 Months Gold is just retarded, only Server which could be worth paying Gold would be Graal Kingdoms, but even this Server is dead at the moment.
But yeah try to tell that the Management of Graal.

-Nico
(GK Management)

Clash: Nico, I'm going to give you an example of good management.
Clash: One of my staff removed my RC and banned me.
Clash: I didn't ban or remove their RC after I got another one to fix me.
Clash: Do you know why?
Björn: Because you IP banned him ?

Stefan logged on.
(npcserver) has reset the attributes of Stefan
*Stefan: ah my client crashed

Old 10-21-2012, 05:33 AM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoX View Post
only Server which could be worth paying Gold would be Graal Kingdoms, but even this Server is dead at the moment.
This is incredibly stupid. GK is dead because it was a lackluster server, with poor mechanics, a series of uncaring managers, no direction on either the player or development level, and "gameplay" centered entirely around the economy, which was largely influenced by legal USDing and cross server trading. If GK even at its best is the Graal's flagship money maker, then we've long since sunk.

Era (or Zone) definitely resemble games that could be advertised and turn a profit. It actually looks like something that would stand out. To a lesser extent, Zodiac (which actually brings to the table tradition MMO elements beyond "selling things", unlike GK). 2D-MMORPG would certainly catch a few fish. GK is a glorified stockmarket/chatroom.
Old 10-21-2012, 09:05 AM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by kia345 View Post
This is incredibly stupid. GK is dead because it was a lackluster server, with poor mechanics, a series of uncaring managers, no direction on either the player or development level, and "gameplay" centered entirely around the economy, which was largely influenced by legal USDing and cross server trading. If GK even at its best is the Graal's flagship money maker, then we've long since sunk.

Era (or Zone) definitely resemble games that could be advertised and turn a profit. It actually looks like something that would stand out. To a lesser extent, Zodiac (which actually brings to the table tradition MMO elements beyond "selling things", unlike GK). 2D-MMORPG would certainly catch a few fish. GK is a glorified stockmarket/chatroom.
God damn I want to give you a reward for this intelligent retort, but you just won't take my rep anymore :C
Just going to say every single thing and I mean every single thing you said is completely unable to be properly argued against head on, therefore, major respect.

Careful, thoughts and opinions here scare people.
Old 10-21-2012, 09:27 AM
Posting The Truth
Supaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by kia345 View Post
catch ... fish
Oh pooj.
Old 10-21-2012, 09:47 AM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Crow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
and @crow, read the damn thread, he's PSA now
I don't even know what the heck you're talking about now. Could you please stop pulling things out of thin air and talking out of context, you stupid little ****? You're not exactly helping anyone or anything, I don't even know why I'm writing this, since you'll find another crappy answer to it anyway. Wohoo~

Measuring server success using player numbers is also essentially worthless. Era has a rather high number of players these days. Used to be lower. Also used to be higher, but that was back when Graal had more players all together.
Old 10-21-2012, 04:19 PM
asdfg
BlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to behold
A good move would be to combine iZone with PC Zone, make it seem that if you play it from your computer you get a advantage (which is probably true with the use of the keyboard). Get the PC playercount back up and make the PC Zone users coming from iphone, explore the other servers.
Combining iEra with PC era, I don't think that will work out... Both servers are pretty much completely different now.