Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > PlayerWorlds Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 11-26-2012, 12:00 PM
Not the fruit.
Kiwi27 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxstar70 View Post
\Playing is free of charge.
Unless you want to be able to play without restriction, that is.

Anyway, Stroseria was fun. :3 I made great friends, and I'm pretty sure I got about fourteen times better at levelling working there.

If you're interested in seeing what would have been on the server, here's one example http://www.graalians.com/forums/show...2&postcount=28 in my levels thread. I might post some more, seeing as I can now.
Old 11-26-2012, 12:58 PM
Sr Marketing Strategist
Elk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant future
Send a message via ICQ to Elk Send a message via AIM to Elk Send a message via MSN to Elk Send a message via Yahoo to Elk
if you want them to use your world as representation of what graal can offer, then it needs to be polished and ready for global competition

Old 11-27-2012, 04:11 AM
the KattMan
MattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to MattKan
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattKan View Post
We talked about trying to release for PC but decided our server was too similar to Zodiac. Our server was inspired with the goal of creating the MMORPG server that the iPhone players had asked for. When we started, in Summer 2011, Zodiac iPhone was cancelled and Delteria iPhone wasn't even conceived. We contacted you with our plan, and you kept telling us you would definitely check us out.

But you never did, and whenever I've noticed you and decided to ask you about it on PC servers, you kept saying the same thing. Don't you think it's a little unfair that we were just trying to improve your game and you constantly gave us the runaround? Couldn't you have just told us this from the beginning?

Now we've just wasted a lot of time. We all have thousands of hours on the server from when we were working... we made sacrifices on Graal and in our real lives in order to work on this server. Couldn't you have been honest with us and given us five minutes of your time in exchange for thousands of hours of man-power?

We wanted to make a Graal server, and we went after the role we saw. We were 100% willing to dedicate ourselves completely and work our butts off, and he did for quite a while. It's not a question of not understanding the amount of work it took; I think we've shown on multiple occasions that we were willing to work hard every step of the way, so it's not fair for you to say that. It's too late to just turn around and release for PC when we never planned we'd have to compete with Zodiac... and quite frankly, none of us want to directly complete with Zodiac.
Was hoping Stefan would respond to this honestly.
On the other hand, free-to-play games, if unbalanced, could result in some consumers paying extremely large amounts of money, and we can certainly not expect to build a good relationship with our consumers in this fashion. In order to have a favorable long-term relationship, we would like to offer free-to-play games that are balanced and reasonable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unximad
Eurocenter Games remains attached to the values of indies game developer and to the service our playerbase community.
Old 12-12-2012, 02:17 PM
Graal Freeroam Staff
KriosEthan is on a distinguished road
This is just my personal opinion this “Im giving up because we got overlooked” seems quite childish. Like others have said you guys started a project expecting to go big. Understanding that you guys would like your server to move forward is understandable. He may have overlooked you guys at this time but if you continued to work on this server and perfect it. Like he said a bug free server that is %100 functional, they really can’t afford to produce a server on IOS just to find out that it has bugs and loop holes (not saying this server had that) but it may have been the reason he choose to overlook it for the time being. Also there are ways to develop on grail without having gold, setting up a FTP server that is linked with your G-server works just fine. I have actually done this through a website, it works well with updating any files on the server as well as downloading them. So not having really can’t be an excuse. On top of that when you guys started developing this server you knew the risks, with grail servers its pretty much all or nothing and judging by the looks of it you guys now have nothing because you simply gave up because you didn’t get what you wanted exactly when you wanted it. If I was in Stephan’s shoes why would I give you guys the time of day when you guys are just giving up? In any case him giving you the same response was probably his way of saying “your server isn’t ready yet”. Ive never actually played this server but I have seen it on the hosted tab with maybe 10-14 players which wasn’t much. (not saying nobody played). Like Stephan said perfect the server and get it moved up to classic then he may give you guys the chance after seeing how well the server preforms. With that being said hopefully you guys pick back up where you left off on the server. Don’t let your pride get in the way of your decisions.
Old 12-12-2012, 10:39 PM
\(^∀^)メ(≧∇≦)ノ
Hiro has a spectacular aura aboutHiro has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Hiro
aside from problems with stefan, which none of us have control over, you could have looked at the scope of your server and cut back. anything that wasn't essential to what your server was should have been put aside - getting to the PC tab should have been your top priority.

i will never understand why every developer seems to think that they need a giant overworld, over 500 seemingly pointless NPCs, several GUIs even when the default does well enough, even quests to some extent are something that can be added later once the bare-bones is finished. hell, even the overworld should be finished before buying the actual server and wasting developer time.
Old 12-12-2012, 11:40 PM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ffcmike Send a message via MSN to ffcmike
Quote:
Originally Posted by KriosEthan View Post
This is just my personal opinion this “Im giving up because we got overlooked” seems quite childish.
I think the point Mattkan was trying to make was that they've given up because they had been developing the server towards what turned out to be a false pretense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KriosEthan View Post
Like Stephan said perfect the server and get it moved up to classic then he may give you guys the chance after seeing how well the server preforms.
If anything, this would mean working towards a much larger false pretense.
Old 12-13-2012, 12:20 AM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
A lot of people who have developed and spent money on Graal have probably paid the same amount as a commercial license rights of a commercial engine.
Old 12-13-2012, 03:39 AM
the KattMan
MattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to MattKan
If we continued to work, we'd be able to pull this off. We never expected to be finished by now, and we're not "giving up" because we aren't; in fact, we were set on continuing to work on this for year(s) if we had to. The problem is that the end result has gotten less and less desirable. What would be the point in putting in all that work just to have it taken from us by Stefan and used somewhere else? What if Tig decided to hijack it all and remove some of us who have done the work just because he's jealous or doesn't like us? We just don't see a point in continuing when we aren't even guaranteed security after we finish.

There are people on this game that are willing to continuously put forth effort under those circumstances, and I must say that you have my absolute greatest respect. Unfortunately, Stroseria just isn't included in that group of people.
On the other hand, free-to-play games, if unbalanced, could result in some consumers paying extremely large amounts of money, and we can certainly not expect to build a good relationship with our consumers in this fashion. In order to have a favorable long-term relationship, we would like to offer free-to-play games that are balanced and reasonable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unximad
Eurocenter Games remains attached to the values of indies game developer and to the service our playerbase community.
Old 12-13-2012, 05:10 AM
Graalian since '01
Stowen will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Stowen Send a message via MSN to Stowen
Quote:
If we continued to work, we'd be able to pull this off. We never expected to be finished by now, and we're not "giving up" because we aren't; in fact, we were set on continuing to work on this for year(s) if we had to. The problem is that the end result has gotten less and less desirable. What would be the point in putting in all that work just to have it taken from us by Stefan and used somewhere else? What if Tig decided to hijack it all and remove some of us who have done the work just because he's jealous or doesn't like us? We just don't see a point in continuing when we aren't even guaranteed security after we finish.

There are people on this game that are willing to continuously put forth effort under those circumstances, and I must say that you have my absolute greatest respect. Unfortunately, Stroseria just isn't included in that group of people.
I hear you Matt. That's the only thing I really dislike about Graal. (Other than the rediculous pricing for bettering the game). The fact that, if they feel the need or want to, they can deem your hard work as their property. It's a crappy feeling to know that when you are finished, have a nice polished working bug free server, they can remove you from your position if they feel the need to. Then all that hard work, and money, was for THEIR benefit.
Old 12-13-2012, 02:22 PM
Kingdoms Management
NicoX will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to NicoX Send a message via MSN to NicoX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stowen View Post
I hear you Matt. That's the only thing I really dislike about Graal. (Other than the rediculous pricing for bettering the game). The fact that, if they feel the need or want to, they can deem your hard work as their property. It's a crappy feeling to know that when you are finished, have a nice polished working bug free server, they can remove you from your position if they feel the need to. Then all that hard work, and money, was for THEIR benefit.
Well you know that from the beginning, shouldnt start working on a Project if you are scared to lose ur stuff. Its not an excuse.

-Nico
(GK Management)

Clash: Nico, I'm going to give you an example of good management.
Clash: One of my staff removed my RC and banned me.
Clash: I didn't ban or remove their RC after I got another one to fix me.
Clash: Do you know why?
Björn: Because you IP banned him ?

Stefan logged on.
(npcserver) has reset the attributes of Stefan
*Stefan: ah my client crashed

Old 12-13-2012, 09:48 PM
Asst. Manager of GA
InfamousPride is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to InfamousPride
Quote:
What would be the point in putting in all that work just to have it taken from us by Stefan and used somewhere else?
This should be illegal. Unfortunately since it is stated in the ToC that everything we upload to Graal is their property, it isn't. I just think that there should have to be a reason, be it through breaking a part of the ToC yourself, for them to be able to take it away at all.
Old 12-14-2012, 03:08 AM
Global Administration
MysticalDragon is just really niceMysticalDragon is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to MysticalDragon Send a message via MSN to MysticalDragon
We hardly test on the Ios even though we have access to? About 5-7 month we had the same lost hope expectations as you. We had to virtually do everything our self with no support due to stefan being busy. But within time Delteria grew into an amazing server and we earned our keep. Instead of quitting just try harder.

AND P.s
Delteria is only free to play because its server number is 3 or something. YEARS before the payment system lol.
http://support.toonslab.com
[email protected]

Old 12-14-2012, 03:32 AM
Registered Pirate Ghost
Gos_pira is a splendid one to beholdGos_pira is a splendid one to beholdGos_pira is a splendid one to beholdGos_pira is a splendid one to beholdGos_pira is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticalDragon View Post
AND P.s
Delteria is only free to play because its server number is 3 or something. YEARS before the payment system lol.
isn't that just because it's classic-enabled? or am i misunderstanding something?
Old 12-14-2012, 09:30 AM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gos_pira View Post
isn't that just because it's classic-enabled? or am i misunderstanding something?
This is correct. All servers that have been on the Classic list at one point or another are still Classic enabled.

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 12-14-2012, 11:45 AM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfamousPride View Post
This should be illegal. Unfortunately since it is stated in the ToC that everything we upload to Graal is their property, it isn't. I just think that there should have to be a reason, be it through breaking a part of the ToC yourself, for them to be able to take it away at all.
Reminder: It's only their property if the property in question is not copyrighted, in which case they'll force you to remove your content.

Careful, thoughts and opinions here scare people.