Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > Tech Support
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-20-2011, 02:26 PM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
Whelp, sounds like Graal servers are having the hiccups.

Careful, thoughts and opinions here scare people.
Old 06-22-2011, 04:04 AM
Give - Rep only, please.
Sonniku4 is on a distinguished road
Gonna hijack this thread and say that I've got similar problems too... Ever since I got my modem switched, I've been able to connect to the login server but NOT to any actual playerworlds. I checked the settings, added default Graal port 14900 onto the exceptions, restarted it, still won't work. Been stuck for weeks like this.

I actually had to get on my neighbor's computer to take care of stuff on Era because I couldn't connect through my own Internets.

Getting sick of this.
Old 06-22-2011, 04:48 AM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
If you can't connect try using a service like Hotspot Shield (or other free VPN offerings), you should be able to connect through them properly while your issue with your ISP and the data center gets cleared up.
Old 06-22-2011, 06:15 PM
Give - Rep only, please.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
If you can't connect try using a service like Hotspot Shield (or other free VPN offerings), you should be able to connect through them properly while your issue with your ISP and the data center gets cleared up.
What about my problem? It's modemside. Feels like there might be a couple of other ports that I need to enable which I am not aware of. If I did try VPN, I'd wind up getting serious lag and network configuration problems (the reason why I uninstalled it), all just to bypass an issue fixable on my end.
Old 06-23-2011, 12:15 AM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonniku4 View Post
What about my problem? It's modemside. Feels like there might be a couple of other ports that I need to enable which I am not aware of. If I did try VPN, I'd wind up getting serious lag and network configuration problems (the reason why I uninstalled it), all just to bypass an issue fixable on my end.
Have you...

1. Restarted your modem?

2. Restarted your router?

3. Have you done a repair on your network adapter? To do so:
Open command prompt: start/run, cmd

Run the following commands:

ipconfig /release
ipconfig /renew
ipconfig /flushdns

Test Graal now. If it doesn't work then try the next commands.

You can also run the following command to reset your winsock:

netsh winsock reset

You can also re-install the TCP/IP stack in windows to help resolve networking issues:

netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt

Afterwards restart your computer.

4. Can you ping loginserver2.graalonline.com? The command is:

ping loginserver2.graalonline.com

Also run a trace route for further analysis:

tracert loginserver2.graalonline.com

If it bounces between two points/IPs it's an ISP issue and you will need to give them a call.

5. Is it just Graal you're having problems with? If not then I would recommend skipping the next steps and calling your ISP.

6. Have you tried testing Graal on other computers in your house?

7. If you have a router, have you tried hooking your computer directly to your modem and testing Graal?

8. Have you tried testing Graal on another connection with your computer that's having the issue?
Old 06-23-2011, 06:04 AM
Give - Rep only, please.
Quote:
Have you...

1. Restarted your modem?
Yes.
2. Restarted your router?
Yes.
3. Have you done a repair on your network adapter? To do so:
Open command prompt: start/run, cmd

Run the following commands:

ipconfig /release
ipconfig /renew
ipconfig /flushdns
I do this on my computer, right? I am connected like so: Computer->Wireless card->Router->Router downstairs->Modem.
Test Graal now. If it doesn't work then try the next commands.
Did not work, trying your next set of stuff.
You can also run the following command to reset your winsock:

netsh winsock reset
Done.
You can also re-install the TCP/IP stack in windows to help resolve networking issues:

netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt
Done.
Afterwards restart your computer.
Doing so, BRB.
Restart complete.
4. Can you ping loginserver2.graalonline.com? The command is:

ping loginserver2.graalonline.com
43-44ms, works.
Also run a trace route for further analysis:

tracert loginserver2.graalonline.com

If it bounces between two points/IPs it's an ISP issue and you will need to give them a call.
PMing you results.
5. Is it just Graal you're having problems with? If not then I would recommend skipping the next steps and calling your ISP.
Yeah, initially I was having problems with Steam and Mozilla Thunderbird, but I got those fixed by adding port exceptions to my modem.
6. Have you tried testing Graal on other computers in your house?
I have not, let me check.
7. If you have a router, have you tried hooking your computer directly to your modem and testing Graal?
Will try.
8. Have you tried testing Graal on another connection with your computer that's having the issue?
It does work with someone else's computer and internet service, although... hmm. Let me try using my portable wifi off my phone.
Or not. Apparently it's way too slow.
At this point, let me know what you see in that tracert screenshot I gave you, see if it sheds any light thus far.
Old 06-23-2011, 06:46 AM
team canada
Quote:
At this point, let me know what you see in that tracert screenshot I gave you, see if it sheds any light thus far.
I looked over your screenshot and based on your tracert it appears you're having a double NATing issue. Here's how I can tell:

Step 1: 192.168.0.1 (Router)
Step 2: 192.168.1.1 (Modem)

You can call your ISP and ask them to help you resolve this or...

** CAUTION YOU COULD SCREW UP / DISABLE YOUR INTERNET IF IT DOESN'T WORK AS EXPECTED **

You can fix this by (you should be able to do step 1-3 all on the same page before updating/applying the settings):

1. Changing your router's IP address to 192.168.1.2
2. Set your router's default gateway to 192.168.1.1
3. Disabling DHCP on the router
4. Connecting your modem (internet source) to one of the switch ports instead of the port marked WAN/Internet on the router.

Your computer should then be assigned an IP from your modem instead of your router.

If something fails you should be able to reset your router to it's defaults and everything will work again.
Old 06-23-2011, 07:58 AM
Give - Rep only, please.
Quote:
I looked over your screenshot and based on your tracert it appears you're having a double NATing issue. Here's how I can tell:

Step 1: 192.168.0.1 (Router)
Step 2: 192.168.1.1 (Modem)

You can call your ISP and ask them to help you resolve this or...
Definitely calling my ISP on this, because I tend to have a cursed touch when it comes to...
  1. CD/DVD burning.
  2. Network configurations.
  3. Printers.
Like seriously. Stuff WON'T WORK no matter what I try on it. Either I leave it alone for the rest of the day and it works the next day (printers), I give up and make someone else do it (CD/DVD burns) or I call the ISP (Networks).

Anyway, what do I tell the Indian when I call my ISP, what problem do I describe, what do I ask for, etc...
Old 06-23-2011, 03:08 PM
team canada
Quote:
Definitely calling my ISP on this, because I tend to have a cursed touch when it comes to...
  1. CD/DVD burning.
  2. Network configurations.
  3. Printers.
Like seriously. Stuff WON'T WORK no matter what I try on it. Either I leave it alone for the rest of the day and it works the next day (printers), I give up and make someone else do it (CD/DVD burns) or I call the ISP (Networks).

Anyway, what do I tell the Indian when I call my ISP, what problem do I describe, what do I ask for, etc...
I understand.

Tell them you're experiencing connection issues, they will probably have you do the standard procedures they have to follow in their manuals before they send you up the technical support ladder.

In the end you want your ISP to set your modem to bridging mode to resolve your double NAT issues.

Also did you ever test connecting your computer directly to your modem? That would be a good indicator whether your double NAT is preventing you from connecting if it works directly connected to the modem.

Edit: I was just at a service call that had a similar connection setup. In order to fix it the modem had to be setup as a pass-through/bridge. Chances are your ISP will come and set it up for you, they might even be able to do it remotely.

Their double NATing issue was making them unable to access web pages (except for Windows Live and Google).

Last edited by fowlplay4; 06-23-2011 at 11:28 PM..
Old 06-24-2011, 05:56 AM
Give - Rep only, please.
Quote:
(Tech support, etc etc etc).
Well, I called up my internet company and after throwing me out so I can call the modem providers that their company does not cover (though I got this modem from the ISP and not the modem company), I called back again and was assigned to this really nerdy and cool guy that managed to bear with me for two hours, trying to get it to work. We didn't, because I couldn't manage to give him remote access to the modem. Even though I enabled all the ports and everything. I told him that I'd buy him a beer for his persistence and bearing with me, rated him 10 out of 10, then ended the call. Really awesome dude.

Then I talked with my father and he suggested something else. Turns out that the first modem we used was NOT broken, instead it was some other box that the company independently controls. So I can switch to the old modem and see if that works. It should, because I used that modem for Graalin' before, and again, it's not broken.

I'll probably do that this weekend and keep you posted; see what happens and all that. Theoretically it should fix every little thing and let me live happily ever after.

... You know, it would be funny if it turned out that I was speaking with you... What do you do, anyway?
Old 06-24-2011, 06:17 AM
team canada
Quote:
... You know, it would be funny if it turned out that I was speaking with you... What do you do, anyway?
When I'm not volunteering my time to Graal, I'm an on-call Computer Technician, Programmer, Web Developer, Networking Tech, and so on for a small company. Oh yeah I get to work from home too. So it's a pretty sweet deal I have going on.

But as I edited into my post I had a service call today with the double NAT issue and based on their configuration before they had been working fine until (as expected) we installed a new computer. So it's not surprising that one day it can (without reason) stop working.

Your modem (that's also acting as a router) is probably running fine and doesn't need to be replaced but the router is what's causing your issues. If your computer is connected with an ethernet cable to your router, you should be able to just take that cable out and plug it directly in the modem provided they're close enough to each other.

If it works directly I would recommend just trying the cautionary steps, I listed in my previous post. It's not all that scary as it sounds. Worst case you do a factory reset on your router and plug the cables back in to the places they were before.
Old 07-09-2011, 11:17 PM
Give - Rep only, please.
FIXED FIXED FIXED. I got FED UP with it so I ripped the modem I was using out and then put in the old modem. Talked with my ISP service, they re-enabled it, restarted them a couple of times, now I'm back on Era complaining that the staff deleted my car. Again.

THANKS BRO. Wouldn't have come to the solution of switching to the old modem without you.
Old 07-15-2011, 03:19 AM
GraalOnline Zone Manager
Tashkin is a jewel in the roughTashkin is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Tashkin
I am having the same issues and the others were having, but am unable to resolve the issue with the steps supplied. Are there any other steps that I can take so that I am able to log in again? I was logged in earlier and all of a sudden both my client and RC were disconnected.

Thanks.
Old 07-15-2011, 03:52 AM
Arch_Angel is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Arch_Angel
I see that Era is offline too. Graals servers might just be having some trouble right now?
Old 07-15-2011, 03:57 AM
GraalOnline Zone Manager
Tashkin is a jewel in the roughTashkin is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Tashkin
I am not sure that is the issue because Chris Vimes connected to zodiac just fine. I cannot connect to any server at all. I can enter my user and pass and connect fine there just not on a server.