Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > PlayerWorlds Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-21-2011, 08:47 PM
Deas
Deas_Voice is a jewel in the roughDeas_Voice is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Deas_Voice Send a message via MSN to Deas_Voice Send a message via Yahoo to Deas_Voice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crow View Post
Strangest thing to happen till now. Getting any errors in the F2 log?
well, yeah, it comes with having people on your server, finding stuffs that worked for you, but not for others

lets see... *opens Graal, sign into Atlantis and walks to the mine* no, no errors in F2, I'm afraid.
look if have set the npc to idle perhaps? i'm not sure.

Quote:
I can't help but blame this on the Linux client :/ I really don't know what else to do.. Do you see the loading icon when first using the head changer (after a reconnect)?
Blaming it on the client like that is a bad idea; considering that i did close the client in-between, so it has to be a problem there. (first time login)

Quote:
Doing that already, but there are a couple. Guess I only implemented that in one place.
hehe

e; just noticed that insidelevels are gray, not black on the parts that there is nothing in; why is that?
since 2003~
I Support~
ღAeonღ | ღTestbedღ | ღDelteriaღ

if you are going to rep me, don't be an idiot, leave your name!
I got nothing but love for you

Last edited by Deas_Voice; 05-21-2011 at 08:59 PM..
Old 05-21-2011, 09:39 PM
xAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud of
Few things that I noticed

What is Atlantis? I couldn't find out

1,) I couldn't read the full sign message (at the start, main room), maybe a tutorial for controls. I read it again but pressed 'a' to read further messages. Make it so if you press any key [a/s/d] it shows the full sentence, and you keep pressing them to 'end' it
2,) 'at_inside-shophouse.nw' shows [] boxes on the sign at 30,37 (must be the font- it happend in alot of places)
3,) Sign posts to show what each house is- other than signs. I don't want to read a sign to know what kind of shop it is. (mostly the start area- other houses did already have a sign)
4,) Hard to read font in inventory, and also add mouse functions to it? I was also expecting to press 's' to change my sword, and 'd' for weapon. I was wrong, you assign both with 'd' (i suppose thats just me)
5,) I picked up some stuff from a bush, but I had no idea what? Maybe a message showing what you picked up

Script Errors
HTML Code:
Script: Function onTimeOut not found in function onCreated in script of  (in level at_inside-sparcave.nw at pos (54, 17))
Script: Function ChatBar_ToggleTaskBarButton.destroy not found in function onTimeOut in script of Weapon -Map
I did like it- very lovely to walk around. Great stuff so far
Old 05-21-2011, 09:50 PM
Graal Developer
Rave_J can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to Rave_J Send a message via MSN to Rave_J Send a message via Yahoo to Rave_J
few things i notice.

umm the palm trees look like they were edit with zelda palam trees
the trees itself the top was taken from zelda and kind of redone it and add a new trunk to it. little things like that i been noticing more and more on servers
buts its all good man. Its graal

u guys might disagree but i look threw alot of zelda mock 2d games just like the coconut from zenkou
was taken from a mock zelda online game
Old 05-22-2011, 01:24 AM
DeCeaseD will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rave_J View Post
few things i notice.

the trees itself the top was taken from zelda and kind of redone it and add a new trunk to it. little things like that i been noticing more and more on servers

u guys might disagree but i look threw alot of zelda mock 2d games just like the coconut from zenkou
You should post proof before making such accusations.
Old 05-22-2011, 01:53 AM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Crow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by xAndrewx View Post
What is Atlantis? I couldn't find out

1,) I couldn't read the full sign message (at the start, main room), maybe a tutorial for controls. I read it again but pressed 'a' to read further messages. Make it so if you press any key [a/s/d] it shows the full sentence, and you keep pressing them to 'end' it
Controls and questions about Atlantis itself will all be covered in the introductory quest which will be released soon.

Quote:
3,) Sign posts to show what each house is- other than signs. I don't want to read a sign to know what kind of shop it is. (mostly the start area- other houses did already have a sign)
Most buildings have a design with an image describing its function. What do you want signs for?

Quote:
4,) Hard to read font in inventory,
Serious? Huge resolution or something? If not, what, specifically, is hard to read about it?

Quote:
and also add mouse functions to it?
Nope.

Quote:
5,) I picked up some stuff from a bush, but I had no idea what? Maybe a message showing what you picked up
We planned adding some display showcasing what you actually picked up, but later scrapped it because at the time, we couldn't think of a good way to do it (constant messages for those kinds of things are lame as hell). I believe covering this in some sort of tutorial will do.

Quote:
Script Errors
HTML Code:
Script: Function onTimeOut not found in function onCreated in script of  (in level at_inside-sparcave.nw at pos (54, 17))
Script: Function ChatBar_ToggleTaskBarButton.destroy not found in function onTimeOut in script of Weapon -Map
First: not sure. Level related, will look into it.
Second: Gah. I still haven't added a check if that darn button has been destroyed already.

Quote:
I did like it- very lovely to walk around. Great stuff so far
Glad you like it

Quote:
They weren't. Case closed. Lack of evidence (and because I say so ).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deas_Voice View Post
Blaming it on the client like that is a bad idea; considering that i did close the client in-between, so it has to be a problem there. (first time login)
I just want to blame it on something because so far it has worked for everybody else and there really isn't anything that could possibly go wrong. The script sets the part x, y, width and height for the image objects before showing them, so everything should work out nicely
Old 05-22-2011, 04:58 AM
the KattMan
MattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to MattKan
Quote:
few things i notice.

You do realize how foolish you look trying to get a fantastic server in trouble for something that they 1) did not do, because they are good people 2) have no reason to do because of their skill, right?
On the other hand, free-to-play games, if unbalanced, could result in some consumers paying extremely large amounts of money, and we can certainly not expect to build a good relationship with our consumers in this fashion. In order to have a favorable long-term relationship, we would like to offer free-to-play games that are balanced and reasonable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unximad
Eurocenter Games remains attached to the values of indies game developer and to the service our playerbase community.
Old 05-22-2011, 07:18 AM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Rave, I think it's your bedtime

Anyway, on Atlantis, slashing any sword while facing right doesn't show any sword sprites. What's up with that?
Old 05-22-2011, 07:24 AM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Similar, but not even close to being stolen or anything to worry about.
Old 05-22-2011, 07:31 AM
Graal Developer
Rave_J can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to Rave_J Send a message via MSN to Rave_J Send a message via Yahoo to Rave_J
ok well im goign to edit era tileset add more bricks add a little shade to it recolor it maybe make it darker ect. then upload to my own game and say i amde it
so i can say its similar but not even close to being stolen
look at the tree the top its prety much just recolor and touch a bit
look at the bushes just more leafs and recolor
even the lillypad just the circle around it resize it and then recolor it bam
idk y u guys can say its not stolen graphics and just edit it
Old 05-22-2011, 07:52 AM
Jazz teh Awesome
oo_jazz_oo is a jewel in the roughoo_jazz_oo is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to oo_jazz_oo
Omg, their tiles have slight resemblance (if you squint your eyes realllllly hard in low light) to a another game! Send in the feds!

But really, your saying they stole an 8x8 tile from another game? Fo reals now? It doesn't even look close....at all.
As far as the trees and bushes, not even close.

Go make drama elsewhere, please.

Old 05-22-2011, 07:54 AM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Quote:
ok well im goign to edit era tileset add more bricks add a little shade to it recolor it maybe make it darker ect. then upload to my own game and say i amde it
so i can say its similar but not even close to being stolen
look at the tree the top its prety much just recolor and touch a bit
look at the bushes just more leafs and recolor
even the lillypad just the circle around it resize it and then recolor it bam
idk y u guys can say its not stolen graphics and just edit it
It's not a ****ing edit though, it's not even close.
Old 05-22-2011, 07:59 AM
Jazz teh Awesome
oo_jazz_oo is a jewel in the roughoo_jazz_oo is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to oo_jazz_oo
Oh wow, I thought he was serious...ok, emergency averted.

Old 05-22-2011, 08:00 AM
ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ...ᶘ ಠᴥಠᶅ❤...ℳℴℯ
Clockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant future
Quote:
omg u guys are really that dumb huh. u can resize it then edit it up a bit redo teh trunk the lilly pad resize it recolor it and bam there u go dusty i seen some of ur work dont get me started on you. like Look at pics1 the houses even very very close too close to be honest its like graal took legend of zelda resize everything and recolor it and bam u got the graphics. even Val look at it
man alot of things on Val is recolor and touch up a bit from rpg maker just saying stefan and unximad needs to enforce this again they been lacking
Yea it's not like pics1 is anything like any other games tiles.
Old 05-22-2011, 09:32 AM
xAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud of
The signs on buildings are not near the OSL, the first few buildings are like 'oo whats in there... nothing' kinda thing

Here's a snapshot of the inventory
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	graal_1306049463.png
Views:	130
Size:	89.4 KB
ID:	52922  
Old 05-22-2011, 11:43 AM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Crow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Here's a snapshot of the inventory
That looks kinda like I didn't force a font on these. Is that your default Graal font? If not, something is seriously going wrong. I'll look into it, thanks!

Edit: Fixed!

Last edited by Crow; 05-22-2011 at 11:59 AM..