Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > PlayerWorlds Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-19-2011, 01:12 AM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Crow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
You might want to add a message explaining how to buy one. The NPC doesn't seem to mention you have to say 'buy pickaxe'.

Edit: It's a fun mini-game btw.
Nah. I need to add something explaining the textbox controls, it seems. Introductional quest will go live tomorrow, hopefully.
Old 05-20-2011, 02:07 AM
Graal Developer
Rave_J can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to Rave_J Send a message via MSN to Rave_J Send a message via Yahoo to Rave_J
lol right bell i saw this german server
and it look pretty amazing it was modern mix with classic tiles like Bravo elv. use to be. and they had amazing car system and stuff. I always say Germans must like there graal lol
Old 05-20-2011, 02:47 AM
Past iClassic GP
Zeke is on a distinguished road
Beautiful, I love it. Can't wait for more

Old 05-20-2011, 12:25 PM
Mister Master of Zeron
HerrChris is on a distinguished road
Meinen herzlichen Glückwunsch!

Ihr habt aus Atlantis echt was sehenswertes gemacht, weiter so

Click my sig to see a donger.
Old 05-21-2011, 05:19 AM
Tee Hee
smirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to smirt362 Send a message via MSN to smirt362
Comments on Atlantis after running around a bit.
Love most everything
Things that I remember off the top of my head are the whirlpool and the different sound effects.

Some things I think you should look at are the pots, I understand that they give hearts but I just don't like the design on em. Maybe something geometric? Also, the light that floods in on some inside level entrances probably needs to be toned down a bit, it's too bright.

Don Hertzfeldt <3
Old 05-21-2011, 05:49 AM
Graal Developer
Rave_J can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to Rave_J Send a message via MSN to Rave_J Send a message via Yahoo to Rave_J
i like the underwater level
umm the mining system is a bit annoying and its basically era log job on era
but with mining
Old 05-21-2011, 07:52 AM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
What do I do with the minerals I mined.

Old 05-21-2011, 09:00 AM
DeCeaseD will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by smirt362 View Post
Comments on Atlantis after running around a bit.
Love most everything
Things that I remember off the top of my head are the whirlpool and the different sound effects.

Some things I think you should look at are the pots, I understand that they give hearts but I just don't like the design on em. Maybe something geometric? Also, the light that floods in on some inside level entrances probably needs to be toned down a bit, it's too bright.
Geometric? Don't get what you mean, I think they serve their purpose, they are zelda-like and look good on top of it.

But yeah, I do kind of agree with you on the lighting on the inside, they are a bit bright you should dim them down a bit. Also not sure if you guys do this already, but I know there is a day/night system in effect, so maybe you guys should vary the light effects on the inside to show that day and night is taking effect, if you know what I mean?

Have it so when it's day time the window lights are gleaming a yellow-ish color and when it's night, it would give off a white-ish blue color as if the moon was gleaming through the windows?
Old 05-21-2011, 10:44 AM
Delteria
Cloven has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Cloven
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
What do I do with the minerals I mined.

Isn't it enough that you got to mine them!?
Old 05-21-2011, 11:13 AM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Crow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond repute
I agree with the light stuff on the entrances. We have to create some standards there so it looks good throughout the whole playerworld.

Right now, you can't do anything with minerals yet, sorry. We plan on adding some stuff soon, though. If it satisfies you guys, I can add some chat based selling stuff already, which I'd then beautify later on.
Old 05-21-2011, 03:53 PM
Deas
Deas_Voice is a jewel in the roughDeas_Voice is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Deas_Voice Send a message via MSN to Deas_Voice Send a message via Yahoo to Deas_Voice
congratulations Atlantis, the server really looks amazing!

i made a list about a few things i thought you could improve, and some ideas
  • NPC's (charatchers) are missing on some places, like in the mine, behind the counter.
  • could use a Animation on when you climb down/up the rope in mines
  • a way to take off the mine hat? also, add a functionality to it, turn the light off and on, make it brigter infront of you, cool stuffs like that
  • the Beauty Parlor head select shows the whole image rather then the fist view, and it have trans on it, so it makes it hard to see.
  • the green arrows could use a text where it says "read me" or "talk to me" above it, it looks very weird to me at osl, where the sign says "read me" with text and an arrow going up and down pointing on it, rather then on the sign itself.
  • can't buy beer at osl bartender =( [lol]
  • touching NPC's by accident shows text, very annoying, make it so u have to stand under the npc (or whatever direction the npc is faceing, but the opposite), like in osl "read me" sign.
  • show "+ ½hp" over head, or on screen when "sleeping" in a bed (like the gralats does)
  • missing display of how many bombs and arrows you have (or does this show up when you have a bow and a bomb?)?
  • why are there box "symbols" in the sign-message window text?

again, i Love the server and i'm looking forward for more things to do on the server!
since 2003~
I Support~
ღAeonღ | ღTestbedღ | ღDelteriaღ

if you are going to rep me, don't be an idiot, leave your name!
I got nothing but love for you

Last edited by Deas_Voice; 05-21-2011 at 03:56 PM.. Reason: typo
Old 05-21-2011, 04:41 PM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deas_Voice View Post
NPC's (charatchers) are missing on some places, like in the mine, behind the counter.
That guy's missing? What the..? Do you just not see him, or what else is up with that?

Quote:
could use a Animation on when you climb down/up the rope in mines
Planned, but that is low priority stuff.

Quote:
a way to take off the mine hat? also, add a functionality to it, turn the light off and on, make it brigter infront of you, cool stuffs like that
Use "sethat" without any other parameters to take hats off. Not pretty yet, but I'll make the whole thing more user friendly later on. The mining hat customization stuff is a pretty neat idea. We'll look into that.

Quote:
the Beauty Parlor head select shows the whole image rather then the fist view, and it have trans on it, so it makes it hard to see.
The transparency is somewhat experimental. I wanted it to blend in with the mirror. I'll probably end up changing that to 100% again. What do you mean by saying it shows the whole image, though? Does it show the complete head image to you rather than the front view only? Which OS are you running Graal on?

Quote:
the green arrows could use a text where it says "read me" or "talk to me" above it, it looks very weird to me at osl, where the sign says "read me" with text and an arrow going up and down pointing on it, rather then on the sign itself.
The arrow alone should be enough as an attention grabber. I agree it looks strange in the OSL though, since the arrow overlaps with the text above the sign.

Quote:
can't buy beer at osl bartender =( [lol]
Not yet

Quote:
touching NPC's by accident shows text, very annoying, make it so u have to stand under the npc (or whatever direction the npc is faceing, but the opposite), like in osl "read me" sign.
I actually thought I was doing that already. Thanks for pointing that out. I'll look into it.

Quote:
show "+ ½hp" over head, or on screen when "sleeping" in a bed (like the gralats does)
I will add some neat effects to the HP display later on. Those should do the trick.

Quote:
missing display of how many bombs and arrows you have (or does this show up when you have a bow and a bomb?)?
This will show up in the inventory when you have bombs/a bow, right next to the icon. It will then also show up next to the selected item in the top right corner when bombs/bow are equipped.

Quote:
why are there box "symbols" in the sign-message window text?
Line breaks. They appear on some signs/NPCs because the text was written in a strange way in the NPC itself, not closing the string but adding line breaks to make it look clean in the editor. We'll go through those NPCs/signs and fix them, don't worry

Quote:
again, i Love the server and i'm looking forward for more things to do on the server!
Thanks! And thank you very much for the feedback, I appreciate it.
Old 05-21-2011, 05:38 PM
Deas
Deas_Voice is a jewel in the roughDeas_Voice is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Deas_Voice Send a message via MSN to Deas_Voice Send a message via Yahoo to Deas_Voice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crow View Post
That guy's missing? What the..? Do you just not see him, or what else is up with that?
there's an arrow pointing at nothing; i do not see him at all. no shadow, no nothing.
e; also found that the bartender next to the sparing cave is also missing.

Quote:
Planned, but that is low priority stuff.
=p

Quote:
Use "sethat" without any other parameters to take hats off. Not pretty yet, but I'll make the whole thing more user friendly later on.
oh i see.

Quote:
The mining hat customization stuff is a pretty neat idea. We'll look into that.
i know, right?

Quote:
The transparency is somewhat experimental. I wanted it to blend in with the mirror. I'll probably end up changing that to 100% again. What do you mean by saying it shows the whole image, though? Does it show the complete head image to you rather than the front view only? Which OS are you running Graal on?
i'm seeing the whole(compleat) image, as i said.
i'm running Ubuntu Linux, with V6beta, of course.
e2; just went and checked again, i now see 3 heads, the front view of them.

Quote:
The arrow alone should be enough as an attention grabber. I agree it looks strange in the OSL though, since the arrow overlaps with the text above the sign.
yeah, it grabs your attention alright, but as i said, could help a bit more with "talk to me" or "read me" above it too.

Quote:
Not yet
:o

Quote:
I actually thought I was doing that already. Thanks for pointing that out. I'll look into it.
hehe, i guess it's not easy sometimes, but a idea would be that you would join them to a class, and define what direction you should be faceing to talk to it.

Quote:
I will add some neat effects to the HP display later on. Those should do the trick.
okey

Quote:
This will show up in the inventory when you have bombs/a bow, right next to the icon. It will then also show up next to the selected item in the top right corner when bombs/bow are equipped.
alright

Quote:
Line breaks. They appear on some signs/NPCs because the text was written in a strange way in the NPC itself, not closing the string but adding line breaks to make it look clean in the editor. We'll go through those NPCs/signs and fix them, don't worry
oh? that's odd because it's in so many of the NPCs!

Quote:
Thanks! And thank you very much for the feedback, I appreciate it.
no problems
since 2003~
I Support~
ღAeonღ | ღTestbedღ | ღDelteriaღ

if you are going to rep me, don't be an idiot, leave your name!
I got nothing but love for you

Last edited by Deas_Voice; 05-21-2011 at 05:56 PM.. Reason: Edit; Edit2;
Old 05-21-2011, 06:48 PM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Quote:
there's an arrow pointing at nothing; i do not see him at all. no shadow, no nothing.
e; also found that the bartender next to the sparing cave is also missing.
Strangest thing to happen till now. Getting any errors in the F2 log?

Quote:
i'm seeing the whole(compleat) image, as i said.
i'm running Ubuntu Linux, with V6beta, of course.
e2; just went and checked again, i now see 3 heads, the front view of them.
I can't help but blame this on the Linux client :/ I really don't know what else to do.. Do you see the loading icon when first using the head changer (after a reconnect)?

Quote:
hehe, i guess it's not easy sometimes, but a idea would be that you would join them to a class, and define what direction you should be faceing to talk to it.
Doing that already, but there are a couple. Guess I only implemented that in one place.

Quote:
oh? that's odd because it's in so many of the NPCs!
I know T_T
Old 05-21-2011, 07:46 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
ran around atlantis for a lil while, love the sound effects. got slightly bored though but you guys are far from finished so w/e. waiting for you to release those dungeons. (:

Last edited by Tigairius; 05-21-2011 at 09:03 PM.. Reason: spammy post