Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Graal Main Forum (English) > Job Forum > Playerworld Administration Team
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-12-2008, 12:21 AM
Administrator
Darlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud of
My only input on Codein can come from actions on the forums, and from what I can see, he needs to familiarize himself with rules because of several infractions, and a few for the same thing.

Knowing the rules for Graal, it would seem, would be mega important in this position. You cannot enforce rules if you dont know them, or follow them yourself.
INFO ABOUT INFRACTIONS.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE NON-GRAAL RELATED FORUM (<<READ THOROUGHLY!)

SUPPORT: http://support.toonslab.com

NOTE: YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN POSTS.
READ>THINK>POST
Old 03-12-2008, 12:31 AM
jwd
Codein has a spectacular aura aboutCodein has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Codein Send a message via MSN to Codein
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinny View Post
Worst. Reason. Ever.
Yeah. I wasn't being completely serious. However, she did have a good application in my eyes. What more a reason could I give?

Quote:
My only input on Codein can come from actions on the forums, and from what I can see, he needs to familiarize himself with rules because of several infractions, and a few for the same thing.

Knowing the rules for Graal, it would seem, would be mega important in this position. You cannot enforce rules if you dont know them, or follow them yourself.
I read the rules and most of which were just my own misunderstanding. Maybe the rules should specifically say "There should be no mention of sexuality, at all, what so ever, on Graal". If it does though, many people, including many of the globals, have broken this rule.

The swear filter evasion, well, yeah. Fudge is in the same league as "Darn", "Poo", "Wee", "Heck", etc. A lighter word I've always used in replace for the much strong counter part. Would "poo" be against the rules because it's a lighter way to say the taboo word we all know and use very well? I don't mean to argue, since it's your interpration over mine but, yeah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inverness View Post
Thats not considered something difficult to do, is it?

Nothing against Codein but I'm just curious.
It's not to someone of your skill but it is to someone without any prior knowledge to mudlibs, GS2 and what not.

Last edited by Codein; 03-12-2008 at 12:47 AM..
Old 03-12-2008, 02:16 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by Codein View Post
It's not to someone of your skill but it is to someone without any prior knowledge to mudlibs, GS2 and what not.
I just started making one 'cuz I'm bored ...

I remember the last time I made a mudlib, I was using someone elses code and just rewriting it, it was a complete mess, and it took like 4 weeks. I've almost got one done in a few hours.

So yea, not hard for an experienced person (myself ), but seems hard for t3h n00bz (you guys--not meaning you, Codein )
Old 03-12-2008, 02:57 AM
jwd
Codein has a spectacular aura aboutCodein has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Codein Send a message via MSN to Codein
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbkbud View Post
I just started making one 'cuz I'm bored ...

I remember the last time I made a mudlib, I was using someone elses code and just rewriting it, it was a complete mess, and it took like 4 weeks. I've almost got one done in a few hours.

So yea, not hard for an experienced person (myself ), but seems hard for t3h n00bz (you guys--not meaning you, Codein )
For me, I was at a loss where to begin. I have a good idea where I'd start now though.
Old 03-12-2008, 03:18 AM
Rediculously inactive
Horrified is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Horrified Send a message via AIM to Horrified Send a message via MSN to Horrified Send a message via Yahoo to Horrified
I'm religiously following this idea of not commenting on other applications, but I do have one thing to say...It would be kind of cool if there could be some kind of global position of developers who run in on servers and help them out. People like Codein and Twinny would be well-suited for it 8)
Old 03-12-2008, 09:11 AM
Rgesitreed Uesr
Pimmeh has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Pimmeh Send a message via MSN to Pimmeh
Quote:
Thats not considered something difficult to do, is it?

Nothing against Codein but I'm just curious.
I can script like my favorite brick wall, and it seems really hard to me!
Old 03-13-2008, 01:40 AM
ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ...ᶘ ಠᴥಠᶅ❤...ℳℴℯ
Clockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horrified View Post
I'm religiously following this idea of not commenting on other applications, but I do have one thing to say...It would be kind of cool if there could be some kind of global position of developers who run in on servers and help them out. People like Codein and Twinny would be well-suited for it 8)
There have been these types of things, like the global scripting team, which still is here. There used to be a global graphics team, but it was removed.
Old 03-13-2008, 01:49 AM
LOCAL DOUCHEBAG
James is a splendid one to beholdJames is a splendid one to beholdJames is a splendid one to beholdJames is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to James
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockwork View Post
There have been these types of things, like the global scripting team, which still is here. I believe there used to be a global graphics team, but it was removed.
Yeah, we've already been through this in the past. It didn't work out. Honestly, those jobs are just way too demanding for a few people to fill.

The only way I could see it working out is if the team consisted of 10-15 great graphic artists, with some type of requested graphic queue system, and the graphics would have to belong to the community to use on any playerworld.

It'd be even better if they had projects such as:
  • Brand New Tilesets w/ Different Themes (i.e. jungle, forest, urban, etc)
  • Custom Bodies
  • Sprite Sets (that fit the themes of the new tilesets)
  • Brand New GUIs

JAMES BAY PACKERS
2011 FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS
2012 FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS

“If I can slow it down in my mind... things will be fine."

-Aaron Rodgers
2011's NFL Most Valuable Player

Last edited by James; 03-13-2008 at 02:02 AM..
Old 03-13-2008, 12:56 PM
Rediculously inactive
Horrified is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Horrified Send a message via AIM to Horrified Send a message via MSN to Horrified Send a message via Yahoo to Horrified
Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
Yeah, we've already been through this in the past. It didn't work out. Honestly, those jobs are just way too demanding for a few people to fill.

The only way I could see it working out is if the team consisted of 10-15 great graphic artists, with some type of requested graphic queue system, and the graphics would have to belong to the community to use on any playerworld.

It'd be even better if they had projects such as:
  • Brand New Tilesets w/ Different Themes (i.e. jungle, forest, urban, etc)
  • Custom Bodies
  • Sprite Sets (that fit the themes of the new tilesets)
  • Brand New GUIs
I'd say that it would be great if they could get a team like that, the only problem with it would be getting those graphic artists focused on there projects. Having "free-to-use" graphics shouldn't really be anything other then the essentials for a classic playerworld. The GGT would more be using some type of queue system for different playerworld creation requests, ranging on the time they take to make, the size, how essential it is to that server, etc.

I have a few ideas in terms of payment-wise to get them focused, mainly it doesn't sound realistic any time soon, unless players would want to pay $10-$15 for graphics for there server which I find an unrealistic idea, as they complain enough that they have to pay for there server to be up. Unless you can find quality 2D Graphic Artists who will take on loads of work for free...well yeah.
Old 03-13-2008, 11:00 PM
Vulcan is on a distinguished road
Please try to stay on topic with Codein's application. You can start a new thread in the right forum if you want to continue the discussion on a new sort of global team.

Playerword Issues: Support Center
Email: [email protected]

Old 03-13-2008, 11:07 PM
Ziro_of_the_Turks will become famous soon enough
Wasn't this the guy who, not-to-long ago, had to apologize to the forums for being a racist and drug-user (or maybe drug-using was just the justification)... after trying to start a server based on the ideas of Stromfront, a "White Nationalist" (also known as white supremacy) board?

Just a thought...
Old 03-13-2008, 11:13 PM
Rgesitreed Uesr
Pimmeh has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Pimmeh Send a message via MSN to Pimmeh
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziro_of_the_Turks View Post
Wasn't this the guy who, not-to-long ago, had to apologize to the forums for being a racist and drug-user (or maybe drug-using was just the justification)... after trying to start a server based on the ideas of Stromfront, a "White Nationalist" (also known as white supremacy) board?

Just a thought...
Yes, but wasn't this the guy that apologized to us on his own account?
I know him thoroughly, and he is completely ridden of any Stormfront stuff.
And drugs. Dude even I did some space cake in my life!
Old 03-14-2008, 12:12 AM
Incubator
Inverness is a jewel in the roughInverness is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darlene159
You cannot enforce rules if you dont know them, or follow them yourself.
Says you. I'm very experienced at enforcing rules and following the ones I deem worth following.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziro_of_the_Turks View Post

Just a thought...
That is no longer relevant.
Old 03-14-2008, 12:52 AM
Administrator
Darlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Says you. I'm very experienced at enforcing rules and following the ones I deem worth following.
That is no longer relevant.
Following rules you deem worth following leads to enforcing rules you deem worth enforcing.
INFO ABOUT INFRACTIONS.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE NON-GRAAL RELATED FORUM (<<READ THOROUGHLY!)

SUPPORT: http://support.toonslab.com

NOTE: YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN POSTS.
READ>THINK>POST
Old 03-14-2008, 01:46 AM
Kds Xanadu
Dante55555 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darlene159 View Post
Following rules you deem worth following leads to enforcing rules you deem worth enforcing.
VERY well put.