Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > PlayerWorlds Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 04-18-2009, 07:03 PM
WaDaFack is an unknown quantity at this point
Post IDEA: Downsize Graal

Bell, made a reply using this idea in a topic somewhere, why not make a post about it?

TOPIC:
Graal need's to downsize;i.e. servers.

Thoughts?

Old 04-18-2009, 07:05 PM
Somewhat rusty
Loriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to all
I really wish you elaborated on this a bit. Do you mean you want to take away people's servers?
Old 04-18-2009, 07:11 PM
No no.
Let me just explain what I mean,

There are too many servers for such a small population. The whole "Making your own server" is a great idea and should stay, but should there really be that many classic servers? For example, there are some useless servers such as Delteria and Atlantis who are beyond being finished development, why are they even there?
and so on...

Old 04-18-2009, 07:17 PM
Zeus Condero
papajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaDaFack View Post
No no.

There are too many servers for such a small population. The whole "Making your own server" is a great idea and should stay, but should there really be that many classic servers? For example, there are some useless servers such as Delteria and Atlantis who are beyond being finished development, why are they even there?
and so on...
No one even plays alantis or Delteria, so taking them off the classic list wouldnt affect anyone, which means their will be no changes in playercount on the other servers.
Old 04-18-2009, 07:18 PM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by papajchris View Post
No one even plays alantis or Delteria, so taking them off the classic list wouldnt affect anyone, which means their will be no changes in playercount on the other servers.
Delteria has a pretty awesome dev server
Old 04-18-2009, 07:20 PM
Zeus Condero
papajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by kia345 View Post
Delteria has a pretty awesome dev server
i wouldn't doubt it, but taking the server off of the classic list right now wouldn't change anything. Maybe once delteria dev comes current delteria and they get a playerbase things would be changed
Old 04-18-2009, 07:22 PM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Removing it and readding it would hardly change anything.
Old 04-18-2009, 07:32 PM
Somewhat rusty
Loriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaDaFack View Post
No no.

and so on...
But if you take away people's favourite servers, they are not going to start playing on your server, they are just going to quit.
Old 04-18-2009, 07:35 PM
Somewhat rusty
The only way I can see out of the whole having too many playerworlds thing is to give developers something to do without making them do their own server. Which is going entirely against the making people buy playerworlds business model so good luck with that.
Old 04-18-2009, 08:22 PM
iZone Administrator
Matt is a jewel in the roughMatt is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by papajchris View Post
i wouldn't doubt it, but taking the server off of the classic list right now wouldn't change anything. Maybe once delteria dev comes current delteria and they get a playerbase things would be changed
That takes away from the idea WaDaFack is suggesting. You basically mean remove Delteria for now, until it's done with the new project?

Leaving it online is hurting nobody, and offers a chance that here and there a player will log on and offer to apply for a development position. Advertising on these forums for when you need staff is not that helpful.

To be honest, i think 'downsizing' graal would be one of the most *****ic choices to be done yet. Can you list some positive and negatives? x.x

Last edited by Matt; 04-18-2009 at 08:33 PM..
Old 04-18-2009, 08:39 PM
Somewhat rusty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
apply for a development position.
Development positions are the worst, just develop and stop being a jerk about it
Old 04-18-2009, 08:50 PM
This is just a discussion, REMEMBER THAT!
If you dislike this idea, make a post why you hate it or why you like it. Just don't flame Bell, or myself.

You don't only need to state whether you like it or dislike it, maybe you can give your own idea's ETC.

Old 04-18-2009, 08:52 PM
iZone Administrator
Matt is a jewel in the roughMatt is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loriel View Post
Development positions are the worst, just develop and stop being a jerk about it
Tell that to all the developers then. Not everyone sees it like that.
Old 04-18-2009, 09:12 PM
Somewhat rusty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Tell that to all the developers then. Not everyone sees it like that.
It is more of an issue with the entire culture around playerworld development. Mostly playerworld files are only on the actual Graal server, so you can only ever work on anything if you are already a "staff member" with "admin rights", which is just ridiculously stupid.
Old 04-18-2009, 10:31 PM
Boom!
Stephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud of
I think if the population is spread too think it's a problem of quality, not quantity.