Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > PlayerWorlds Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-08-2009, 09:19 PM
firefighter is on a distinguished road
Zenox - a new international classic server (dev)

Hello,

I would like to present you my relatively new international classic development server Zenox. At first, I will show you some screenshots because pictures are worth a thousand words ;-)

Here a short description and history of our server:
We have begun this year in january to build up a test platform. Our LATs, GATs and me as scripter made and planned some new stuff. After the test platform wasnt good, we have resetted the project but I made backups of the old stuff like weapon images, scripts (e.g. itemsystem, staffdatabase) and some good levels. Then we made our own inside and outside tilesets and levels with the style of it. Then I have renamed some files and fixed some scripts (to according to the norm to be in classic or hosted tab). We solely use GraalScript 2 as scripting language (we never wont see any GS1 scripting parts on our server)

We also have customized baddies, an itemsystem based on a database (not on files many other servers have - so that it is fast), an own online leveleditor (with that you can create levels online too, select and copy tiles from tileset and level), own hitpoint/weapon system and much more. Our server is secure too so you cant cheat with hits, items and so.

Zenox has some nice ideas in it. For example we dont need parties like many other servers because the expierience every player gets for killing a baddie is calculated automatically (when multiple players attack one and the same baddie), depending on the level difference and damage he made.

Items can be directly dropped by dragging the mouse from the item position in the inventory over the inventory window to the place where you would like to have it (after you release mouse button, it will be dropped).

Also our buy/sell item system is great (you can see it at the moment only in the mine). You can sell items by dragging them on the buy/sell item image (the item image with buy/sell price and available amount under it). To buy simply grab or click the buy/sell item image you would like to buy and a buy item dialog appears (as you can see in screenshot 2).

We are searching for good LAT's (for inside and outside level design) and GAT's (for level images, npcs, heads, bodies, style elements etc.) and Gani-Makers (to gani all our weapon images) at the moment!

If youre good, you maybe can be staff at our server. It doesnt depends on your online time but on your skills like how good you are in e.g. LAT or GAT. So please dont wait and apply in our forum (http://zenox.gediam.de) or PM me Jay (firefighter). To become LAT please send us 1 inside and 1 outside level you made with the offline editor. If you would like to become GAT, please send us 1 weapon image (hmm at the moment we dont really need but to test you it is good) and 2 level style elements (like doors, gates, flags, ...).

Please visit our forum at http://zenox.gediam.de.

All images and ganis should start with zenox_.
Weapons with zenox_weapon_, items with zenox_item_ etc.
Inside levels should start with inside_ (all other levels wich dont start with it, will use the standard tileset (pics1.png)).

Sorry for my bad english but I hope you could understand me.
Hope to see you soon :-)

Jay
Old 06-08-2009, 09:23 PM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Gonna have to change your trees.
Old 06-08-2009, 09:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
Gonna have to change your trees.
why?
Old 06-08-2009, 09:29 PM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
They're from Bomy Island.

Also, don't resize your images. A PNG that is not resized is actually much smaller in file-size(thus would download quicker) because screenshots usually contain small color-count because since tend to be made from pixelled images. However, when you resize them everything is blurred and AA'd and the color-count shoots up and you end up with 1mb+ images like the ones you posted.

edit: if you're bothered by posting large images, simply attach them via the attachment center-thing at the bottom when you're posting(in advanced mode). They'll automatically be posted as thumbnails rather than whole images. You can also use the [ attach ]attachment-id(ex: 1234342)[ /attach ] format IN the post itself, to post the attachments as thumbnails inside your post rather than at the end. I've explained this is better detail in a post before, but I can't be bothered to find it.

Last edited by DustyPorViva; 06-08-2009 at 09:46 PM..
Old 06-08-2009, 09:30 PM
whoops sorry, i didnt know. lord made...
Old 06-08-2009, 09:31 PM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by firefighter View Post
whoops sorry, i didnt know. lord made...
No big deal, but you shouldn't keep staff on that steal as it could cause you a lot of problems in the future lol. You might find a nice alternative in the 'free tiles' thread where there's a few 'free to use' trees here, here, and here made by Dusty.
Old 06-08-2009, 09:45 PM
Thanks Dusty and Rufus for the nice trees :-)
I have changed the trees. I hope that not more images were stolen by other GATs x.x

Last edited by firefighter; 06-08-2009 at 10:32 PM..
Old 06-08-2009, 10:13 PM
Ex-Graal Global
Spark910 has a spectacular aura about
The value of pictures in this forum section is worth much more than a thousand words! I've not seen many new server threads with images and things that (I assume) work in a long time - even if there are some issues!. Good luck to you
Old 06-09-2009, 05:30 AM
iZone Administrator
Matt is a jewel in the roughMatt is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spark910 View Post
The value of pictures in this forum section is worth much more than a thousand words! I've not seen many new server threads with images and things that (I assume) work in a long time - even if there are some issues!. Good luck to you
Agreed.

I suggest you get some custom GUI images made, but it looks like your off to a good/decent start.
Old 06-09-2009, 02:37 PM
Thanks
I know how difficult it is to have an own server. It is nothing you made in a few days. It need much time and patience
I agree too. The only thing you need is a good starting base that we have now. Then nearly everything is realizable
Old 06-11-2009, 03:12 AM
\(^∀^)メ(≧∇≦)ノ
Hiro has a spectacular aura aboutHiro has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Hiro
you got me all excited when you said this was a classic server. now i'm disappointed. ):
Old 06-11-2009, 02:49 PM
Zeus Condero
papajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to behold
Cool updates and I hope a new server can finally make it classic soon. One question, what will separate your server from the others? How will people make money? What will keep players busy? Just a thought while your working forward on your server, as these are questions the globals will ask you. GL
Old 06-12-2009, 06:02 PM
Quote:
Cool updates and I hope a new server can finally make it classic soon. One question, what will separate your server from the others? How will people make money? What will keep players busy? Just a thought while your working forward on your server, as these are questions the globals will ask you. GL
Our server seperates at the moment in many points from others.

Here a few examples:
  • as I said, our server has its own experience system. For example we dont need any parties (but we have guilds - then you cant get hurted by players of same guild) because experience points are splitted automatically on players that have attacked the same baddie. The exp they get depends on what level difference there is and how much damage was made
  • our item system seperate us from others too because instead of only showing images in inventory, we have an alphabetically ordered list of names (with item image and amount)
  • we have global buy/sell block class. Not every item is sellable or buyable. To sell item (when sell price is shown) simply drag & drop the item from the inventory (drag it over the inventory window, set amount of dragged item with up/down; full amount: a; nothing: s) onto the buy/sell block of the item of same kind
  • Items can be "thrown". They cant only dropped in a defined distance from your position ;-)
  • to buy items, simply grab or left-click it. then a GUI will be shown in wich you can see many useful information like description and specifications. You can either enter the amount you would like to buy or the maximum money you would like to give and the amount is then calculated automatically
  • we have own nick name layout and multi lined chat messages

At the moment you can only make money by mine. We have a different mining system too because instead of simply pick stones, you must at first pick 6 tiles of the wall of the mine (they really hide) and you will get a mining stone wich you can mine then to get minerals. Some minerals are more seldom than others ;-)

You can either buy items (weapons, shields, armors, tools) directly in shops or make them at your own by collecting e.g. minerals, melt them (you can make alloys of them too like tin+copper=bronze) and smith them in one of the smithies.

Later you will be able to plant e.g. fruit trees, plants, bake, drive own steam engines with waggons on railroads (you need to drop coal in the steam engine then) and much more. You will be able to own shops and manage items (kinds and prices) directly. Also you can own houses and appartments in e.g. hotels.

We have many good ideas. E.g. a player can gets hungry or thirsty too (when he is to hungry or thirsty, he will loose some health). You can stanch hunger by making some food and eat it.
Some stats are dynamic (like intelligence, willpower, luck and dexterity; players can directly modify them by pressing e) others must be trained (like strength, black magic, white magic etc). Among other things experience, strength, black and white magic can be lost if not trained for long time.

So a player will be busy every time :-)

I hope I could give you a good foretaste of what is to come.
Old 09-15-2009, 07:02 PM
Now we have new baddies with pathfinding algorithm and a football game where players can shoot a ball into the opponents gate :-)
Also we got better Item Database (using SQLite) and Movement System.
Old 09-15-2009, 09:32 PM
Classic FAQ
xnervNATx will become famous soon enough
its look like another zodiac style server , but dont get me wrong, id like to play it if its ever go on the hosted tab. nice stuff