Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > NPC Scripting
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 04-01-2010, 02:03 PM
Black_knights55 is on a distinguished road
Learning: "How to store items"

Hey,
I was trying to script some "materials" for a crafting system and I have no idea how I could "store" them in the player. Do I have to use clientr. or should I use something else since I would like to have lots of differents "materials" ? I want them to store the "type" (minerals, ingots, logs, etc), the "name" (iron, silver' gold, etc), the "images.png" of the material and the quantity.

Is there a way to put all that in a single clientr. and how can I access the quantity or any other variable with another script? Or is there something else better than clientr. ? Or maybe just a better suggestion how to do it?

Thank you!
Old 04-01-2010, 02:38 PM
not doing alot
Liberated has a spectacular aura about
Most people use weapons joined to classes and the Mudlib route, i've never used this myself tho, so im not sure how it works.
Old 04-01-2010, 04:06 PM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
At the most basic level you could use something like this:

clientr.item.(@itemname) = {type, quantity};

or..

clientr.item.(@type).(@itemname) = quantity;

For easier implementation you'll want to make a class called itemfunctions and join it to the player when they login using a line like this:

player.join("itemfunctions");

Then in your itemfunctions class you could have public functions like addItem, takeItem, hasItem that you could use in your actual code, on the serverside to call those functions you would simply use:

player.addItem("Rocks", 999);

Of course the actual parameters would be different depending on the system but that's the basic gist of it.
Old 04-02-2010, 11:38 PM
Will the use of many clientr.tag create some kind of lag or is it ok to use lots of them?
And if I use this example:
clientr.item.(@itemname) = {type, quantity};

How do I change only the quantity? I'm not sure how that way works at all.

And, can I just create a weapon, lets say a "mining bag" and then just create some this.iron_ore=quantity, this.silver_ore, etc? And if it's possible, I would be able to find those variables with findweapon("mining bag").iron_ore or something like that, right?
Old 04-03-2010, 12:06 AM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Well Zodiac currently uses that kind of system to hold items, nor do we impose any kind of bag limit.

You can add to the quantity like this:

clientr.item.(@itemname)[1] += addQuantity;

Also your Mining bag idea won't work properly on the server-side and will be incredibly insecure on the client-side.
Old 04-03-2010, 04:25 AM
So, if I understand everything. If I want to add an item I would do something like this:

clientr.item.ore.iron += 1

Type = Ore
Itemname = Iron

So it's as simple as that? I was sure it would be more complicated lol. Thanks for your help!
Old 04-04-2010, 01:29 PM
firefighter is on a distinguished road
We on Zenox are storing the items in a SQLite database

PHP Code:
public function IncPlayerItemCount(placcitemcount) {
  if (
ItemExists(item)) {

temp.ct int(count);
    if (
temp.ct 0) {

CreatePlayerItemIfNotExists(placcitem);

temp.req GetSQL("UPDATE ItemDB_PlayerItems SET count=count+"@temp.ct@" WHERE player=(SELECT ID FROM Players WHERE Account='"@SQLEscape(placc)@"') AND item=(SELECT ID FROM ItemDB_Items WHERE name='"@SQLEscape(item)@"')",false);
      if (
temp.req!=null && temp.req.error=="")
        return 
true;
      else {
        echo(
"ItemDB: Inc item count '"@item@"' of player "@placc@" failed - SQL query error");
        return 
false;
      }
    } else {
      echo(
"ItemDB: Inc item count '"@item@"' of player "@placc@" failed - count smaller than 0 or 0");
      return 
false;
    }
  } else {
    echo(
"ItemDB: Inc item count '"@item@"' of player "@placc@" failed - item doesnt exist");
    return 
false;
  }