Not bad 2 12.50%
Beter than my first time 1 6.25%
They stink!!! 15 93.75%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-12-2006, 06:40 AM
hi
someonesomewhere is on a distinguished road
Raeihpon has a severe case of 7 months ago Jin flaming syndrome. The syringe, Nurse Typhoon. Extra long needle.

I'm sorry, but I had to say that. Or else I'd say something related to it to my family members or one of my friends on Monday and get hurt.

Instead of making basically the same weapon with a few random edits, why not make an entirely new weapon/concept and make some entirely new GFX?
Old 02-12-2006, 07:22 AM
haunter is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan
Some more constructive criticism would be good. Please everyone stop making stupid comments when you don't even know what he has drawn.

The first attached image is good as concept, but needs to way smaller. The pistoles and plasma sabre seem to be good, but you need to post them again in another format, best would be png. Graal supports jp2 files but most browsers don't display them.
Those 'concepts' have no structure. They're just big blobs with gradient fills and some weird PSP/Photoshop filters/effects thrown on top... You have to be able to tell what it is for it to be a concept.

As for the pistols (There is no 'E' in pistol, apparently it's spelled with an 'E' on Zone. Please fix this) and the sabres: All he did was take existing graphics and use more PSP/Photoshop filters/effects on them.

Honestly Stefan, (and I mean this as an observation, not an insult) sometimes I wonder about your artistic sense... I wonder if you just lack it, or if you just say these sugary-coated, nice things about stuff like this so that the users won't give up and stop making graphics for you... Because, hey, free content is free content whether it's good or not. I can't say I wouldn't do the something of the same if I were in your position though.

No amount of constructive criticism is going to help these graphics, because really, they just aren't good enough to work from. This user is going to have to learn some basics first, which is why I directed them to the Graphic Design section of the forums. If they're interested in making graphics that's where they should go.

That's all I have to say for now. I hope you take my words to heart as a helpful observation, instead of as a pointless attack.
Old 02-12-2006, 07:32 AM
Administrator
Darlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Some more constructive criticism would be good. Please everyone stop making stupid comments when you don't even know what he has drawn.
I agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haunter
No amount of constructive criticism is going to help these graphics, because really, they just aren't good enough to work from. This user is going to have to learn some basics first, which is why I directed them to the Graphic Design section of the forums. If they're interested in making graphics that's where they should go.
Constructive critisism can help a person try to get better. If a person tries something, and they get remarks like are on this forums too much, then they give up too soon. It is horrible on a persons self esteem.
A person can give people advice, and tell them how to improve without being insulting, and rude.

Hopefully he can fix the extensions so they can be seen.
INFO ABOUT INFRACTIONS.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE NON-GRAAL RELATED FORUM (<<READ THOROUGHLY!)

SUPPORT: http://support.toonslab.com

NOTE: YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN POSTS.
READ>THINK>POST
Old 02-12-2006, 08:57 AM
I never asked for this.
Raeiphon is on a distinguished road
Can doesnt mean will. There's a difference.

I hope for nothing. I fear nothing. I am free.
Old 02-12-2006, 01:44 PM
Zone Oracle
Huwajux will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Huwajux Send a message via MSN to Huwajux
I have to be truely honest here, but I sat looking at those guns for 5 minutes because I thought they were still loading an image...
Old 02-12-2006, 05:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darlene159
Constructive critisism can help a person try to get better.
I never said it didn't. I said it wouldn't do much good in this particular instance because the graphics are so far gone it's better to start learning from scratch. Which is why I mentioned the Graphics Design section to this user a few times. They have yet to take onto my suggestion.

If this person wants to make graphics they should learn the basics first instead of making a completed work right off the bat and asking 'k, now how do I fix it?'

I'm just reiterating what I said before, but really that's the fact of the matter.
Old 02-12-2006, 06:46 PM
Mister 1,000,000
GoZelda will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to GoZelda Send a message via MSN to GoZelda
Quote:
Some more constructive criticism would be good.
Tell that to your own staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance
stefan is satan
I am the best.
[URL removed]Music or aural pollution?
Old 02-12-2006, 08:44 PM
Grim Angel
Akoalin is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Akoalin Send a message via MSN to Akoalin
I took the basic idea and made it into a DECENT concept. I can't shade worth crap in photoshop.. but if anyone likes it I'll go back and re-shade later.
Attached Images

ok skeikar þá Skuld at sköpum."

~Gróa , Grógaldr
Old 02-12-2006, 09:44 PM
Typhoon Xanadu, Rawr.
MisterMastermind is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to MisterMastermind Send a message via MSN to MisterMastermind
Quote:
Originally Posted by someonesomewhere
Raeihpon has a severe case of 7 months ago Jin flaming syndrome. The syringe, Nurse Typhoon. Extra long needle.
Say that again and I'll prescribe you pills 5-6 inches wide that will not be taken orally.
Ako your GFX would make the rest of zone's GFX looks bad lol, too detailed for zone. Try making them look more cartoonish...

I believe in karma, so that I may do bad things to people and assume they deserve it.

Much love to all of the Xanadu's; Pip, BrAwLeR, Huwajux, Jo, KDS, RayP2P, Kenjaro, TripleE, Rykuz, Stoned4Life, juice188, Albi5erind, Tenchry_P2P, ryohazuki90, littlec, Snoro, MajinDragon, Allen, Spanishmafia1643, zwill, Wolfey, HitmanJ2XX, and UnknownMastermind.

Old 02-12-2006, 11:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akoalin
I took the basic idea and made it into a DECENT concept. I can't shade worth crap in photoshop.. but if anyone likes it I'll go back and re-shade later.
Work on the outline before you start trying to shade, or even colour it.
Old 02-13-2006, 12:22 AM
Grim Angel
Akoalin is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Akoalin Send a message via MSN to Akoalin
Quote:
Originally Posted by haunter
Work on the outline before you start trying to shade, or even colour it.
What's wrong with the outline?
ok skeikar þá Skuld at sköpum."

~Gróa , Grógaldr
Old 02-13-2006, 12:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akoalin
What's wrong with the outline?
The handle is very long, and thin. The front is all flared out and weird... It's just not very defined. It just looks like a random shape that happens to have a handle sort of thing.
Old 02-15-2006, 03:26 PM
The World's Local Fighter
icemaster is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to icemaster Send a message via MSN to icemaster Send a message via Yahoo to icemaster
lotta posts...already gave my opinion on it....but i did see you people are friggin mean besides the few that agree with me :/

theres no need to say such harsh statements

and colin...just for the record...you do know that theres an edit button right? lol bottom right dude...gettin banned would suck

and i saw someone, not saying his name , being a suck up...like he always is...you dont make sense dude...you should know who you are...and dont post if youre not 200% (yes 200%) sure of my sentence :/

if you want my 2nd opinion on the guns, i say use a better program dude, thats all, maybe with a little editing it could be alright weapon designs
Old 02-15-2006, 03:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by icemaster
i say use a better program dude,
There's no need for a 'better' program to make great graphics. I know of many people who only use MSPaint and make stunning pixel graphics. Some of the best in fact.