Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > Level Design
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-09-2003, 07:14 PM
Tanken is on a distinguished road
Question Question

How does everyone make weird floor tiles and wall tiles. Correct me if I'm wrong, but tiles like the stone floor aren't in the list of predifined NPCs, or in Predifined tiles. And I highly doubt they are NPCs. I see all of these weird tiles that I can't find. Is there a patch or something?
Old 07-09-2003, 07:43 PM
Telmont Bandit
draygin is on a distinguished road
Re: Question

Quote:
Originally posted by Tanken
How does everyone make weird floor tiles and wall tiles. Correct me if I'm wrong, but tiles like the stone floor aren't in the list of predifined NPCs, or in Predifined tiles. And I highly doubt they are NPCs. I see all of these weird tiles that I can't find. Is there a patch or something?
Your problem is you're looking for floor tiles when what you should be looking for what could be a floor.

No there is no patch.

I stole Spanky's gold!
Old 07-09-2003, 08:08 PM
Ex-Graal Global
Spark910 has a spectacular aura about
They add the tiles by making GFX, I think you are refering to chibii's stone floor.

If not show us an example thats on forums.
Old 07-09-2003, 08:32 PM
Telmont Bandit
draygin is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Spark910
They add the tiles by making GFX, I think you are refering to chibii's stone floor.

If not show us an example thats on forums.
Or he could be referring to custom graphics people have made. I didnt think about that. But I'm still betting on my original answer.

I stole Spanky's gold!
Old 07-10-2003, 12:14 AM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Uh, the tiles aren't in the predefined section. Look at the tile set view and then find them. If they're not there, they are GFX or custom tiles.
Old 07-10-2003, 03:09 AM
DarkDragoon_Lloyd is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to DarkDragoon_Lloyd
I think he is saying he doesn't know how to make something without Predefined Objects... =/

He is like... one of those people who doesn't know how to use the tileset, and is probably just beginning...

*trying not to be offensive*
Quote:
Originally posted by unixmad
Rome have not been build in 1 day !
Old 07-10-2003, 03:16 AM
A Logic Bot
Judge_S is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Judge_S Send a message via AIM to Judge_S Send a message via MSN to Judge_S
Re: Question

Quote:
They aren't NPCs. Not all tiles are used in the predefined objects, unless you create an object of your own, of course. The tiles are in the tileset, which is accessable from the level editor. Instead of going to the "Select predefined object" section, look around in the "Select tile" section. Provided you have the eye, and creativity, you can make something completely unique, and simply looks great, using tiles that you would otherwise think as inappropriate for what you had in mind.
Old 07-10-2003, 07:12 PM
Tanken is on a distinguished road
no no no. I know how to use the tileset. I want to know how people use the stone path and stuff like that. I just wanted to know if there is a Predefined NPC for that stone path (like the dirt path) or if it is a Tileset.
Old 07-10-2003, 11:59 PM
DarkDragoon_Lloyd is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to DarkDragoon_Lloyd
Quote:
no no no. I know how to use the tileset. I want to know how people use the stone path and stuff like that. I just wanted to know if there is a Predefined NPC for that stone path (like the dirt path) or if it is a Tileset.
=D
You still don't understand... EVERYTHING is on the tileset. There are very few things in Predefined NPCs, but you can download more(if you are talking about SandPath-Type generators), and there are very basic things in Predefined Objects.

You can download other Predefined NPCs and Objects, but I think I heard it was illegal or something? X_x

It is better to use the tileset to make stuff. Everything will look much better and more interesting, and it gives you way more possibilities! =/
Quote:
Originally posted by unixmad
Rome have not been build in 1 day !
Old 07-12-2003, 05:10 AM
Azrael528 is on a distinguished road
yea being lazy only hurts you in the long run, plus predefined stuff looks weird

Quote:
Pickles your freakin' sister has been IMing me. Unless she's hot tell her to stop.
-ShadowStrike2k1