Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Classic Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-27-2012, 09:29 AM
Skyzer Zolderon
ff7chocoboknight is a glorious beacon of lightff7chocoboknight is a glorious beacon of lightff7chocoboknight is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to ff7chocoboknight Send a message via MSN to ff7chocoboknight
Only event Ranger is good at is about being alone on an island. Loner.
Old 03-27-2012, 02:04 PM
David K?
Devil_Lord2 can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffcmike View Post
So what about Graal having swords and guns?
If showing cartoon beers being consumed influences children to try it, I can only imagine what having a game that revolves around killing people with a sword or gun might do!
Are you kidding o.o;;
Have you never seen any stories about Grand Theft Auto? lol...
It is definitely an influence to some who don't know better.

Graal doesn't use much blood from what I've seen.. Nor do I think people carry swords as often as Guns in real life lol.. As for guns, that is another story. Era could easily put blood upon death.. I don't know, I guess I see more games with swords and guns than I do drinking.

More of the norm?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geno View Post
^you saying that kids drinking pixel beers on graal is a negative influence.
Exactly what I said. As long as it is stating the pixelated drinks are beers.
However slight it may be, it is an influence.

Quote:
unless they see it in the media...drinking and smoking is in tons of TV shows and movies, not even rated MA or R TV/movies. seeing someone drink a beer and have a good time in a tv program/movie will be more influencial than seeing a character in a game (graal) drink a beer and have no effect on the character.
Correct. Still influential none-the-less.
Drunk.gani back in 2005 was definitely a pretty cool effect in my opinion.

Quote:
contradicting.... if they drink around there parents at 18 it is OK but if they drink a pixel beer on a videogame it is an influence to drink and be stupid....whatok?
I suppose it depends who it is okay for. Honestly, at least in the state of Maryland, kids can drink with their parents before the age of 18 since it is legal in religious and parent supervision situations. Do I think it is okay? I couldn't care less what others do, honestly kids going out getting drunk, raped, receiving an std or sti has nothing to do with me. However it may affect my kids, I think the less people in the world is better. Our ecological footprint is out of line. :[

But do I think kids going out, drinking in places they don't know, around people they don't know, who are willing to take advantage of them, or them going out and doing things stupid and unsupervised is alright opposed to a legal guardian keeping an eye on them is better... No I do not.

Under the parents watch? Is it okay, legally too. Do I think it is okay? No, but is it better? Yes.

Quote:
ALSO what thor is saying about guns and swords should prove your theory wrong.kids want guns and swords...but just because they see it on a videogame does not mean they are going to go around stabbing and shooting people.
Sure, proved me wrong.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Columbi...chool_massacre
http://www.cbsnews.com/2100-18560_162-678261.html

I suppose it is more on your mind set.

Honestly, coming in here, I wasn't in here to debate, only state that yes it is an influence, but don't get me wrong, I will debate. However, I could care less if Thor has anything about alcohol on his server.

I use to think Graal was an RPG like game, and the yellow glass mugs had Ale. Something used in games, and what I believe is not served anymore.. Or I haven't heard of anyone drinking Ales..

-EDIT-
I forgot to mention, I collect swords and knives, probably because of video games.
I, as well as someone else, was almost kicked out of the school for bringing in military clothing and I had a knife, he had bullets and whatever.
Of course I am the only one to get in trouble for it since I was putting the knife away since I didn't believe it would be be good to have with me.

Anyway, for MattKan, my life story. ;D
We would have had to go somewhere else if my mother did not talk to the board of education.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattKan View Post
Uh DavidK,
My favorite stalker is back.
Hello!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricxta View Post
I believe if some kind of message was being conveyed to people under the legal drinking age on graal it'd be that beer is bad for you

As classic shows, it does no favours for you. Take that david!, kay?
That is good, we are all entitled to our beliefs.
I would love to see where on the game you have learned that though lmao...

Since I'm not trying to take spotlight from your post,

Quote:
In addition to Drunken Stupor, Sumo Island is now released, and likewise is publicly hostable by players.

The studios warp room contains 2 slashable plus/minus buttons to alternate the subsequent event level, eventually there can be a scrollable GUI to accompany these once they become time consuming. The warp is automatically set to the relevant level whenever a GC begins summoning for a studio event.

The important progress here and with Drunken Stupor wasn't so much about making events themself, but preparing the foundation resources to be re-used among all of the events.
Notable resources accompanying Sumo include:
  • The ability for the host to set points to or warp out players via middle click GUI.
  • The top 3 point earners being displayed on the screen, in addition to your own tally.
  • A GUI containing the ability for the host to enable/disable health loss (PK mode) and weapon usage, both of these have a bearing on HP + HUD display. Also included is the ability for the host to heal or strip guild tags among all players.
  • A bottom right display options button for disabling nicknames/HUD, similarly to within Team Events.
  • A start/stop button for the host, which invokes an automatic countdown.
  • Screen message displaying eliminations, plus eliminators where applicable.

I love Sumo, one of my favorite events in Graal aside from Gravity Race and Shaded Legends Hold The Briefcase. ^.^;;

Digital Media Artist - David K? </3 (UnLoved)
www.davidkrout.com
www.twitch.com/DavidKkz

Last edited by Devil_Lord2; 03-27-2012 at 02:59 PM..
Old 03-27-2012, 03:50 PM
░▒▓██▓▒░
Galdor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil_Lord2 View Post
Are you kidding o.o;;
Have you never seen any stories about Grand Theft Auto? lol...
It is definitely an influence to some who don't know better.
I guess we should ban all video games, tv shows and stuffs like that to protect stupid people from doing stupid things :P

My Albums
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unixmad
This forums is going worst each day.
Old 03-27-2012, 04:19 PM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ffcmike Send a message via MSN to ffcmike
I think we should just drop nukes on every so many square miles of the earth, if we all die then we surely won't be doing anything stupid any longer.
Or perhaps we should ban reproduction, it would accomplish the same result and be a more cost-effective solution, just spread over a hundred years or so.

Joking aside, the real issue at hand is that we live in a blame-pointing society, where some people aren't taking responsibility for their own or their children's actions, or some potentially dangerous or vulnerable people aren't being given the help they need.
Old 03-27-2012, 04:43 PM
David K?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galdor View Post
I guess we should ban all video games, tv shows and stuffs like that to protect stupid people from doing stupid things :P
It is human nature to do stupid things sometimes. ^.^
No such thing as protecting it, that is where Darwinism comes in.

Quote:
I think we should just drop nukes on every so many square miles of the earth, if we all die then we surely won't be doing anything stupid any longer.
Or perhaps we should ban reproduction, it would accomplish the same result and be a more cost-effective solution, just spread over a hundred years or so.

Joking aside, the real issue at hand is that we live in a blame-pointing society, where some people aren't taking responsibility for their own or their children's actions, or some potentially dangerous or vulnerable people aren't being given the help they need.
D: Then it would kill nature and animals..
And I know when I use to steal things my parents didn't know, until I told them later on... They definitely did not teach me to steal, and I don't think I needed help. I did it because I could and wanted to see what I could...

Until I stole a 2'x1' box of Digimon cards "opening and taking packs out and taking them out in the store bathroom at a store, that I lost a LOT of pokemon cards.. Back in the day.. That was a pretty good deterrent lol..

However, I'm not sure that stopped me, I think I just decided there were too many cameras, and it was pointless to do. I never stole from people, but doing it from stores that sell things at a higher price isn't very moral either. :/

==
You should make events available to people without swords. ;D

www.davidkrout.com
www.twitch.com/DavidKkz

Old 03-30-2012, 03:53 AM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Another Studio level has been added for publicly hostable spar tournaments.
GC spars themself work pretty much the same as the normal spar within Supernick's minus the queue, normal exit & entry.

The main feature would be the addition of a tournament generator, which can support tournaments of any size for any event, can be viewed by players and modified by the host:

Old 03-30-2012, 01:28 PM
fcmrcy
FaLLChiLD has a spectacular aura aboutFaLLChiLD has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to FaLLChiLD
Awesome!
Old 03-30-2012, 02:31 PM
◕ ◡ ◕
Bam112 is on a distinguished road
Just played the sumo event, was pretty fun
Old 03-31-2012, 05:17 PM
David K?
Quote:
Another Studio level has been added for publicly hostable spar tournaments.
GC spars themself work pretty much the same as the normal spar within Supernick's minus the queue, normal exit & entry.

The main feature would be the addition of a tournament generator, which can support tournaments of any size for any event, can be viewed by players and modified by the host:

That sounds very interesting o.o;
Does it go by accounts, team names, or names? What happens if someone has a long name o.O;;

www.davidkrout.com
www.twitch.com/DavidKkz

Old 03-31-2012, 09:52 PM
Banned
Quote:
That sounds very interesting o.o;
Does it go by accounts, team names, or names?
It generates a tournament for a provided array of any name, so it could be a players account, team, guild, whatever.

Quote:
What happens if someone has a long name o.O;;
The next round display would just be offset by the necessary length. The GUI is within a scroll but this is only really necessary should the tournament somehow be really big.

Some bracket lines have since been added:

Last edited by ffcmike; 03-31-2012 at 10:09 PM..
Old 03-31-2012, 10:23 PM
David K?
O: Can people see this in real time?! That would be amazing!!
Like the scores change or movement down the lines?

www.davidkrout.com
www.twitch.com/DavidKkz

Old 03-31-2012, 10:31 PM
Banned
Quote:
O: Can people see this in real time?! That would be amazing!!
Like the scores change or movement down the lines?
It wouldn't be impossible to make but I don't think it would be that beneficial. I'd prefer to just utilise the event channel of the chat/toall box with messages such as "SomePlayer won a spar against SomeOtherPlayer".
Old 03-31-2012, 11:29 PM
David K?
Quote:
It wouldn't be impossible to make but I don't think it would be that beneficial. I'd prefer to just utilise the event channel of the chat/toall box with messages such as "SomePlayer won a spar against SomeOtherPlayer".
That works too.. I was just thinking it would be flashy, much like "watching the game" lol... names bumping each other and finally one start moving over, other crossed out..

But the other way is much faster and probably more efficient toward the needs of knowing who won..

www.davidkrout.com
www.twitch.com/DavidKkz

Old 04-01-2012, 03:11 PM
Classic Developer.
TheGodAngelo is just really niceTheGodAngelo is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remonq View Post
For a zorbi Nello doesn't swim very well

Island of NotNello ftw

Also, still waiting on my portable chair Thor
shut up
Old 04-02-2012, 05:56 PM
Banned
Quote:
That works too.. I was just thinking it would be flashy, much like "watching the game" lol... names bumping each other and finally one start moving over, other crossed out..

But the other way is much faster and probably more efficient toward the needs of knowing who won..
When a player is awarded a win statistic this is also invoking a chat box message, but through the staff channel, which means it would be received by every player and not just those within event levels.