Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > Tech Support
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-21-2006, 05:23 PM
Script-fu
Skyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Skyld
Possible problems with GUI

I have noticed on Zodiac that there are problems with the GUI. I am not sure if these are GUI components or not, but nobody else seems to be able to recreate it on Windows. It also did not go away after several reconnects or an attributes reset.

If these are GUI controls, then it might be a problem with hidden GUI components not actually being hidden but I do not know.

Mac OS X 10.4.6, ATI Radeon 9550, nothing in the console out of the usual.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	zod.png
Views:	100
Size:	34.6 KB
ID:	36868  
Old 06-21-2006, 06:18 PM
Okiesmokie
ApothiX is on a distinguished road
It looks to me like you don't have the profile images or something o_O

[06:24:19] * Parts: Skyld (i=silent@unaffiliated/skyld) ("Perhaps Okiesmokie did not realise that I like the boys. ")
Old 06-21-2006, 06:30 PM
Script-fu
Skyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Skyld
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApothiX
It looks to me like you don't have the profile images or something o_O
It doesn't explain why none of the GUI buttons displayed respond, why they are overlapping in such a way, why they are even there, or why other people do not have this problem.
Old 06-21-2006, 08:53 PM
Okiesmokie
ApothiX is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyld
It doesn't explain why none of the GUI buttons displayed respond, why they are overlapping in such a way, why they are even there, or why other people do not have this problem.
Depends on what kind of validation crap the Graal Engine possesses. If the GUI is just set to draw, and not draw anything behind it wherever it is, it would cause the illusion that the other controls are still there, when they are just not being drawn over because no image is present to draw over them with. The thing that would determine whether this be the case or not would be if the controls are updating when changed, or are they just the image there?

[06:24:19] * Parts: Skyld (i=silent@unaffiliated/skyld) ("Perhaps Okiesmokie did not realise that I like the boys. ")
Old 06-21-2006, 11:21 PM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
I would say it's a missing or messed up GUI profile or collection of GUI profiles. Eventually the script which is creating the GUI profiles is not existing or is in a different order so that the profiles don't exist when the window and buttons are created.
Then make sure they are correctly initialized, or the gui windows are updated when the weapon script which creates the gui profiles is downloaded.
Old 06-22-2006, 03:47 AM
Scriptess
calani is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to calani
As for that idea - that isn't where the windows are even supposed to appear on Zodiac - they all appear at the center of the screen when opened.
Old 06-22-2006, 10:34 AM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
Eventually one of the subcontrols doesn't exist (i mean the control type), and so it setting the profile and position of the parent control instead.