Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Classic Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

View Poll Results: Classic Server should..?
be left as it is. 4 6.15%
bring back it's original levels and hit detection. 51 78.46%
bring back ONLY the original levels but leave the hit detection as is. 1 1.54%
bring back ONLY the original hit detection but leave the levels as is. 9 13.85%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-03-2009, 09:38 PM
£ôrd Çòñtëgó Me§§iaH
contego will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to contego Send a message via AIM to contego Send a message via MSN to contego
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSolider View Post
So, according to you, "Classic" means using the levels from the early 2000s and never changing them at all?
Yes and No.

Improving things such as npcs, ganis, events, or quests to achieve items and such.

Come up with other events like Unholy Nation has Castle Wars, classic orginally wanted a guild wars area that was never finished.

These are projects that need focus.

Not the hit detection, tileset, and changing the playerworld.
Old 05-03-2009, 09:41 PM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by unknown View Post
first off, half of btk is old and consistent players, so that sums that up.
but...even if I name people, you probably wouldn't even know them so whats the point?
Hahaha okay. There's like 13 active BTK members on Graal, and the majority of those players are not old Classic players. Go on, list these players.
Old 05-03-2009, 10:08 PM
known
unknown is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
Hahaha okay. There's like 13 active BTK members on Graal, and the majority of those players are not old Classic players. Go on, list these players.
Me
Contego
Hardkore
Dew
Player
Gori
Hiro
KDawg
Chaos
Dunez

Those are the BTK people who are active and were old classic players

Pendragon
KIO
Deacon
Heroin
Luda
Tom Chill
Leon Chill
Unknown Mirage
Solicitus
Core
Goten
Kasper Chill
Cell Chill
DecemberChill
Neo Demigod
PH@NTOM
Lithium
KOH
Itachi
Exodus

and thats just who i could think of who i see around on UN lately.

This list doesnt include the people who I could convince on my buddylist on aim who used to play or the people who might give classic a chance once they see the numbers rise in the serverlist.
Old 05-03-2009, 10:10 PM
£ôrd Çòñtëgó Me§§iaH
Send a message via ICQ to contego Send a message via AIM to contego Send a message via MSN to contego
Thumbs down

Quote:
Another constuctive post. Rufus you clueless fk. Check out the most active Global guild on Graal. Please get your ADD in check and stay focused on the subject at hand. if you want to bash on BTK then please do so on a different thread.

And that post should have been deleted. Nothing to do with this thread.
Old 05-03-2009, 10:14 PM
known
Now that I think of it, why are you even being such a try-hard Rufus? Aren't you just one of these kids who sadly wasted the last 5 years since you started on classic? What do you even know about this game? None of you classic kids know anything, you don't even PLAY the game, you just sit and idle or chat. Dalton is a perfect example. Don't talk like you don't want the levels and HD back. Also, like contego said, look at BTK, if we brought just our people there, thats doubling your playercount, not to mention all the others we could bring possibly...

For your next post, I recommend you actually bring some logic.
Old 05-03-2009, 10:28 PM
Gladius
BlackSolider will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to BlackSolider
*cough* 31 people online atm. Is it that great? No. Is it enough to have some fun? Sure.
Old 05-03-2009, 10:40 PM
dmhabe is on a distinguished road
Only reason Classic has 31 people on at the moment is because we are all talking about it...I logged on everyone was sitting outside the Graal Online Bank talking.

Warhawk Dynasty (BTK)
Old 05-03-2009, 10:42 PM
Gladius
Oh because classic has never had 31 people online before.
Old 05-03-2009, 10:43 PM
known
Quote:
*cough* 31 people online atm. Is it that great? No. Is it enough to have some fun? Sure.
lol yeah, 5 of which are RC's....and enough to have some fun? not even, you're all probably idling as usual...
Old 05-03-2009, 10:45 PM
known
Quote:
Oh because classic has never had 31 people online before.
sure they have, but these days its a real rare occasion think about it, its sunday evening, of course this will be your peak time. Back in the day peak was like 150-200. I'd bet money classic hasn't hit 100 people on at the same time since like 2003ish. I mean, when was the last time it even hit 50....?
Old 05-03-2009, 10:46 PM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Quote:
Me
Contego
Hardkore
Dew
Player
Gori
Hiro
KDawg
Chaos
Dunez

Those are the BTK people who are active and were old classic players
Most of these people are inactive or stroll on 'now and again' therefore they're not exactly what I was asking for. Out of 63 members this is hardly half of the guild either.

Quote:
Pendragon
KIO
Unknown Mirage
Solicitus
Cell Chill
PH@NTOM
Exodus
Inconsistent players that again, stroll on from time to time.

Quote:
DecemberChill
Neo Demigod
Inactive.

Quote:
This list doesnt include the people who I could convince on my buddylist on aim who used to play or the people who might give classic a chance once they see the numbers rise in the serverlist.
I guess that leaves us with 8 active players on your list that might actually play with changes made to the server. Though looking over this list, 5 of them already do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by contego View Post
Another constuctive post. Rufus you clueless fk. Check out the most active Global guild on Graal. Please get your ADD in check and stay focused on the subject at hand. if you want to bash on BTK then please do so on a different thread.

And that post should have been deleted. Nothing to do with this thread.
He made a pretty bold statement with no substance to it. Making this post a focal point, especially when it wasn't even directed at you, is what is removing the focus here. I don't see where I attempted to "bash" BTK; your member figures simply don't correlate with activity, which was what I was asking for.

Quote:
Now that I think of it, why are you even being such a try-hard Rufus? Aren't you just one of these kids who sadly wasted the last 5 years since you started on classic? What do you even know about this game? None of you classic kids know anything, you don't even PLAY the game, you just sit and idle or chat. Dalton is a perfect example. Don't talk like you don't want the levels and HD back. Also, like contego said, look at BTK, if we brought just our people there, thats doubling your playercount, not to mention all the others we could bring possibly...

For your next post, I recommend you actually bring some logic.
I'm trying oh so very hard by posing a pretty basic question. It's pretty obvious why I asked the question, and the responses I received from it pretty much support its reasoning. I am a player who played Classic for what it is, rather than leaving over safety blanket issues such as the default hit detection and old level packs.

You know nothing about the current Classic. You think that sitting around and talking is a problem limited to just our server? You're hardly "play[ing] the game" on Unholy Nation so what is different about Classic? Right, we're missing some old setting and an old hit detection, how did I not notice? You'd think it'd be new content that we needed.. y'know.. what the actual players of the current server have been asking for, but apparently that is not the case! What both you and Contigo are saying is hilariously delusional, and apparently you're the ones that needs to look into the logic behind the reality of the situation, not your worthless nostalgia.
Old 05-03-2009, 10:54 PM
Gladius
Quick thought.

Would uploading all the old levels + hd solve our problem of lack of content? That's the biggest issue right now with classic (at least imo); we have nothing to keep players online when events aren't being hosted, or for those players who aren't in events.
Old 05-03-2009, 10:55 PM
known
Quote:
Most of these people are inactive or stroll on 'now and again' therefore they're not exactly what I was asking for. Out of 63 members this is hardly half of the guild either.

Inactive.

I guess that leaves us with 8 active players on your list that might actually play with changes made to the server. Though looking over this list, 5 of them already do.

He made a pretty bold statement with no substance to it. Making this post a focal point, especially when it wasn't even directed at you, is what is removing the focus here. I don't see where I attempted to "bash" BTK; your member figures simply don't correlate with activity, which was what I was asking for.

I'm trying oh so very hard by posing a pretty basic question. It's pretty obvious why I asked the question, and the responses I received from it pretty much support its reasoning. I am a player who played Classic for what it is, rather than leaving over safety blanket issues such as the default hit detection and old level packs.

You know nothing about the current Classic. You think that sitting around and talking is a problem limited to just our server? You're hardly "play[ing] the game" on Unholy Nation so what is different about Classic? Right, we're missing some old setting and an old hit detection, how did I not notice? You'd think it'd be new content that we needed.. y'know.. what the actual players of the current server have been asking for, but apparently that is not the case! What both you and Contigo are saying is hilariously delusional, and apparently you're the ones that needs to look into the logic behind the reality of the situation, not your worthless nostalgia.

half the guild being, we would bring half our guild. I was just naming the people who have played classic.

Whats your definition of consistent? The BTK members I named are pretty active other than KDawg and Chaos which we know why chaos isnt active. Funny I see pendragon, KIO, Cell, PH@NTOM, Unknown Mirage, December, Neo all on this week.

I find it funny you call it a safety blanket when it is what it is, CLASSIC, which means it shouldnt have changed, especially something as essential as hit detection which no other server has done. Tell me why they changed it?

I don't care about the current classic? haven't since about 2003-04 I wonder why?

I am not saying you dont need development, but theres no need to change the levels or old quests, though like I said previously in one of my earlier posts, I would be satisfied if even just the HD was changed and not the levels.

As far as development goes, you need to improve not on levels, no server really does, its all about EVENTS, NPCS, and possibly QUESTS, as well as some scripts here and there.

Do me a favor and define consistent and classic, because you're "Delusional"

Also remind me what you know about the current classic, level14? cause you guys never leave the same levels or even pk or spar.

Last edited by unknown; 05-03-2009 at 11:01 PM.. Reason: BECAUSE I CAN
Old 05-03-2009, 10:59 PM
Luda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Luda
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luda View Post
I voted 2 but I'd rather have a vote for "Bring back old HD and work on making the OW better"
yea
Old 05-03-2009, 11:03 PM
£ôrd Çòñtëgó Me§§iaH
Dufus,

Apparently to you, Graal is logging on 24/7 and arguing with people. This thread is meant to be productive and you are asking questions only to belittle the responces. You're a pathetic fk. And your posts don't deserve any responces.

Ares's post was removed and yet it had more to do with the thread.