Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-02-2010, 11:01 PM
FuManchu is an unknown quantity at this point
FAQ changes. Good or bad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwimChao
Hi guys,

I just wanted to inform you of some changes we've made to the staff teams.

Because of the lack of quality applications (no offense), and lack of new, incoming players, we have decided to completely abolish the FAQ team. It's my belief that any member of any staff team should be able to help you, and new players with problems. All staff will be expected to do such, and answer questions you have to the best of their ability.

The FAQ Admin, Cron-star, will be promoted to Assistant Player Relations Admin; he will help Vicious, and help represent the player related staff teams as a whole. If you have questions, comments, or concerns about those teams, you can contact him (and likewise, Vicious-_-).

Scipio, a FAQ, will be joining the GP team. He will be undergoing some training with Backdraft before he really gets to work on upholding the peace of the community.

If you need anything beyond that, or have questions, feel free to contact me.
~Streety
I think the decision itself is logical but why is Crono the Asst. PRA now? He only logs on once in awhile. He did usually hire good FAQs but his activity leaves something to be desired. I have nothing against Crono at all and he's a great FAQ (Admin) when he's active. He shouldn't be given a new position in power if Vicious/everyone else has a handle on things.

I'm shocked that Scipio is becoming a GP now. He's notoriously one of the most immature staff and hangs around BTK who obviously influences his behavior. As FAQ he couldn't really do any real harm but now he will be able to use his rights corruptly for months and no one will do anything. The GP team is healthy at the moment and now Streety is compromising that?

All in all I think the actual decision to remove the team was good but what was done with what's left of it was very bad.
Old 03-02-2010, 11:05 PM
|Mêrçy|
LordSquirt is a name known to allLordSquirt is a name known to allLordSquirt is a name known to all
I think the decision of merging GPs with FAQs was a long time in coming. FAQs aren't too important since their aren't new players joining. Therefore, they don't really have a job. When I got PR Admin I to merged the two teams, so I can see his reasoning and agree with it completely.

Also, he has to keep the FAQs it's not like he can just fire them. I think Crono is a pretty good FAQ from what I saw, and I don't really have a problem with Zero.
Old 03-02-2010, 11:09 PM
FuManchu is an unknown quantity at this point
What law dictates he has to "keep" the FAQs?
Crono is actually good at any staff position he does as far as PR staff go. It's just.. can he actually be useful as Asst. PR Admin with his current state of activity?
Old 03-02-2010, 11:18 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Just for the record, this Crono is not me but Absolut_Crono. Just sayin...
Old 03-02-2010, 11:20 PM
graal player lord
Imperialistic is a jewel in the roughImperialistic is a jewel in the rough
^Absolut_Crono is the Crono that just posted, just sayin.. and just for the record.
Old 03-02-2010, 11:34 PM
zz
XyphosMisery is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to XyphosMisery
Having GP and FAQ combined into one position always made sense to me.
}

Old 03-03-2010, 12:09 AM
Delteria
Cloven has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Cloven
Quote:
Originally Posted by XyphosMisery View Post
Having GP and FAQ combined into one position always made sense to me.
With few exceptions it should be this way on all servers. I did away with FAQ on Delteria a very long time ago. Even when we had an abundance of players the decision proved better for both the players and for the administration, as, it was much easier to weed out the 'bad eggs' who wanted staff privileges 'for the heck of it'.
Old 03-03-2010, 12:17 AM
Deas
Deas_Voice is a jewel in the roughDeas_Voice is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Deas_Voice Send a message via MSN to Deas_Voice Send a message via Yahoo to Deas_Voice
inb4delete, u may not talk about the staff's. o.o;
oh and, i think it's a bad call, never liked the whole "PR" team 'idea'.
since 2003~
I Support~
ღAeonღ | ღTestbedღ | ღDelteriaღ

if you are going to rep me, don't be an idiot, leave your name!
I got nothing but love for you
Old 03-03-2010, 12:32 AM
\(^∀^)メ(≧∇≦)ノ
Hiro has a spectacular aura aboutHiro has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Hiro
everything UN's staff does is bad as far as i'm concerned

except maybe the forums
Old 03-03-2010, 01:27 AM
Prince
MysticX2X will become famous soon enough
I don't mind FAQ being removed, but it really should of been a merger with GP as Squirt had mentioned. Instead, ALL of the staff divisions are responsible for player questions, which doesn't make sense to me. GP's are a team of 10 now, I think they can handle the extra responsibility solely with the playercount as low as it is.

former acc: mystic2k

RIP Matt (NBK)
Old 03-06-2010, 05:16 PM
Dragonosteel has a little shameless behaviour in the past
go crono
Old 03-06-2010, 05:37 PM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Oh the days when the ONLY staff were GP's. Then came FAQ's... then came LAT's, then NAT's and then even GAT's. Now there's PR and Manager's and co-manager's and Asst. Manager's and Devs and ET's and and and and.
Old 03-07-2010, 03:51 AM
UN Manager
SwimChao is just really niceSwimChao is just really nice
Quote:
I think the decision itself is logical but why is Crono the Asst. PRA now? He only logs on once in awhile. He did usually hire good FAQs but his activity leaves something to be desired. I have nothing against Crono at all and he's a great FAQ (Admin) when he's active. He shouldn't be given a new position in power if Vicious/everyone else has a handle on things.
Crono, though seemingly inactive, is still very involved with the staff teams. As the "PR Admin" assistant he doesn't really have to be on to dictate things or the like. He is serving as an extra set of hands to help Vicious in executing job actions in a smooth, and more collective manner in regards to the entire team of player related staff. His activity generally falls in night time hours.

Quote:
I'm shocked that Scipio is becoming a GP now. He's notoriously one of the most immature staff and hangs around BTK who obviously influences his behavior. As FAQ he couldn't really do any real harm but now he will be able to use his rights corruptly for months and no one will do anything. The GP team is healthy at the moment and now Streety is compromising that?
Scipio is going through a two week cadet testing period to evaluate what sort of asset he is for the server. If we feel he's going to be immature, and do a bad job, he will be fired; to elaborate on another point brought up: Yes, we could per say fire Scipio if we felt it was a better decision. However, he has been a good hand on the team; we felt that it was worth giving him a two week trial period before directly firing him.

Quote:
I don't mind FAQ being removed, but it really should of been a merger with GP as Squirt had mentioned. Instead, ALL of the staff divisions are responsible for player questions, which doesn't make sense to me. GP's are a team of 10 now, I think they can handle the extra responsibility solely with the playercount as low as it is.
From my perspective, any staff member with a player related job should be expected to help players out with problems; even some development staff, if they have idle hands. I did consider merging the two very heavily. However, there is a website that Splinky made with every small bit of information on quests, and items that you would need to know to play UN. It's not that big of a deal for a staff member to reference this site, and relay it to inquisitive players. If this reform doesn't work out, then of course we'll make an even bigger change, and force the responsibility on the GP team (which will most likely result in the removal of a "GP" team).

PS.
Quote:
inb4delete, u may not talk about the staff's. o.o;
I have no problem with them talking about staff so long as it stays mature, and doesn't turn into stone throwing.
Old 03-07-2010, 10:36 PM
WaDaFack is an unknown quantity at this point
IMO, apps are too long to fill out, so I don't even bother trying out.

Old 03-07-2010, 10:56 PM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaDaFack View Post
IMO, apps are too long to fill out, so I don't even bother trying out.
Then the application is working.