Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > PlayerWorlds Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

View Poll Results: LAT, GAT, NAT or Gani Team?
LAT 15 21.74%
NAT 43 62.32%
GAT 9 13.04%
Gani Team 2 2.90%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-12-2007, 07:40 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inverness View Post
Don't make accusations without elaboration.
You called drug users and smokers weak minded. Inspiration (not Thrash, my bad) pointed out you were being just as narrow minded as him.

Your post answering Inspiration didn't explain anything, still making you a hypocrite.

Quote:
Way to get ignored.
Um, what?
Old 08-12-2007, 08:03 PM
Thrashsoul3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Zero's Signature: "Atexia Development (Needs graphic artists.)"

Enough said.
Old 08-12-2007, 08:24 PM
Incubator
Inverness is a jewel in the roughInverness is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerami View Post
You called drug users and smokers weak minded. Inspiration (not Thrash, my bad) pointed out you were being just as narrow minded as him.

Your post answering Inspiration didn't explain anything, still making you a hypocrite.
Inspiration's opinion means little to me at this point. Maybe if he explained this point of view I would pay it more attention.

For example, if someone were to call me an idiot, I would simply ignore them since I couldn't care less about their opinion of me. Now if they wanted to explain why they think I'm an idiot I might pay slightly more attention to what they're saying and if they've convinced me then I'll try to fix it. In example that is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspiration View Post
Wait, you're talking about having a narrow-minded view of the world, and then you accuse people who use drugs of being weak minded fools?

I don't see what you did there.
Whats so hard to understand? If you're going to destroy yourself because of an addiction then I think you're a weak-minded fool who needs professional help.

If you smoke, you are an idiot. If you live long enough to get diagnosed with Lung Cancer I'll be the first to call you an idiot again, because you did it to yourself in full knowledge of the consequences.
Quote:
Um, what?
When I read your sentence in response to my post I immediately became irritated with your lack of elaboration. I usually ignore people who do that.

Anyhow, if anyone has a problem with myself or what I say, you'd better have a good logical reason up or go tell someone that cares, because I wont. Of course you're welcome to say what you think of me if it makes you feel better (this is a free country), but you should just know that I wont give a damn without a reason.

Last edited by Inverness; 08-12-2007 at 08:46 PM..
Old 08-12-2007, 09:06 PM
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Whats so hard to understand? If you're going to destroy yourself because of an addiction then I think you're a weak-minded fool who needs professional help.
Yeah people totally don't do it for fun or for the hell of it.

Quote:
If you smoke, you are an idiot.
Not really.

Quote:
If you live long enough to get diagnosed with Lung Cancer I'll be the first to call you an idiot again, because you did it to yourself in full knowledge of the consequences.
So tell me, what do you do everyday?

Quote:
When I read your sentence in response to my post I immediately became irritated with your lack of elaboration. I usually ignore people who do that.
Except you didn't actually ignore me.
Old 08-12-2007, 09:08 PM
Thrashsoul3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Inspiration's opinion means little to me at this point. Maybe if he explained this point of view I would pay it more attention.

For example, if someone were to call me an idiot, I would simply ignore them since I couldn't care less about their opinion of me. Now if they wanted to explain why they think I'm an idiot I might pay slightly more attention to what they're saying and if they've convinced me then I'll try to fix it. In example that is.

If you smoke, you are an idiot. If you live long enough to get diagnosed with Lung Cancer I'll be the first to call you an idiot again, because you did it to yourself in full knowledge of the consequences.

Anyhow, if anyone has a problem with myself or what I say, you'd better have a good logical reason up or go tell someone that cares, because I wont. Of course you're welcome to say what you think of me if it makes you feel better (this is a free country), but you should just know that I wont give a damn without a reason.
You obviously care about what people say to you if you have to right a 3 paragraph post explaining how you don't care.
Old 08-12-2007, 09:19 PM
Incubator
Quote:
Yeah people totally don't do it for fun or for the hell of it.
Hey, if they think that little bit of fun is more important then their future health then they're an idiot.
Quote:
Not really.
Well then, would you like to explain why smoking isn't a bad choice. Because I mostly think that if someone makes a bad choice with full knowledge of consequences, they're an idiot.
Quote:
So tell me, what do you do everyday?
Not allowed to say those kinds of things on the forums.
Quote:
Except you didn't actually ignore me.
Whatever gave you that idea?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrashsoul3
You obviously care about what people say to you if you have to right a 3 paragraph post explaining how you don't care.
Old 08-12-2007, 09:22 PM
Quote:
Hey, if they think that little bit of fun is more important then their future health then they're an idiot.
How is it idiotic to shave a few years off their lives just to live it up in the present?

Quote:
Well then, would you like to explain why smoking isn't a bad choice. Because I mostly think that if someone makes a bad choice with full knowledge of consequences, they're an idiot.
Refer to above.

Quote:
Not allowed to say those kinds of things on the forums.Whatever gave you that idea?
zz

But really, way to ignore the part about addiction and how drug users/smokers are weak-minded because you claim they are only in it for the addictions while some do it for fun, proving you wrong.
Old 08-12-2007, 09:27 PM
7 Words
Inspiration is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Inspiration
Quote:
If you're going to destroy yourself because of an addiction then I think you're a weak-minded fool who needs professional help.

See, it's overly obvious that you're talking out of complete inexperience and ignorance.

You saying that everyone that has a drug addiction is a weak minded idiot has about as much merit as someone sitting on their couch, watching a professional boxing match, and saying "Man I could beat that guy if I was in the ring".

Yes, there are people who are weak minded and believe they need drugs and alcohol to have a good time. However, this tends to be more of a teenage/young adult phase than a full blown addiction, and they do tend to get over it more often then not.

True addiction is not something you can break by will alone. A lot of addicts are content with their addictions as well.

A lot of people also use drugs casually for the experience. The topic at hand was a Rave. If you go to a rave once a month during the summer, and use a drug, you're not destroying yourself. In fact, you'll probably have a killer time that you'll remember for the rest of your life.

If I was you I'd stick to topics I have direct experience with rather than trying to sound enlightened because you've chosen to abstain from a certain aspect of life.

1. Annoy everybody on an existing project by submitting or proposing changes that they don't want
2. Formally declare all existing projects to be complete crap
3. Talk at great length about the deficiencies of other projects
4. Get drunk
5. ???
6. Profit
Old 08-12-2007, 09:28 PM
Incubator
Quote:
How is it idiotic to shave a few years off their lives just to live it up in the present?
You have a point, it really depends on how much you smoke, but just know you're going to have to deal with the consequences.
Quote:
But really, way to ignore the part about addiction and how drug users/smokers are weak-minded because you claim they are only in it for the addictions while some do it for fun, proving you wrong.
I really don't want to find out whats fun about doing drugs, sorry. People who do stuff like that usually aren't mature or experienced enough to realize the consequences it would have on their future if they continue to do it.
Quote:
See, it's overly obvious that you're talking out of complete inexperience and ignorance.
True.
Quote:
You saying that everyone that has a drug addiction is a weak minded idiot has about as much merit as someone sitting on their couch, watching a professional boxing match, and saying "Man I could beat that guy if I was in the ring".
I don't follow.
Quote:
Yes, there are people who are weak minded and believe they need drugs and alcohol to have a good time. However, this tends to be more of a teenage/young adult phase than a full blown addiction, and they do tend to get over it more often then not.
Thats what I'm talking about, I'm sure many of them would remember how much of an idiot they were when they were younger.
Quote:
True addiction is not something you can break by will alone.
This is something that the weak-minded have convinced you of. You need to break this illusion that you're not in control of what you do. Hell, I would be willing and eager to participate in some scientific study about addiction so I can shove it in people's faces.
Quote:
A lot of addicts are content with their addictions as well.
It doesn't mean its good for them, and most are probably only thinking of the here and now, which isn't a good thing in relation to health.
Quote:
A lot of people also use drugs casually for the experience. The topic at hand was a Rave. If you go to a rave once a month during the summer, and use a drug, you're not destroying yourself. In fact, you'll probably have a killer time that you'll remember for the rest of your life.
I still don't see any reason why I would want to use drugs 'for the experience'. I don't need mind-altering drugs to have a good time, thanks.

I think its kind of depressing that you need to do drugs to feel good.
Quote:
If I was you I'd stick to topics I have direct experience with rather than trying to sound enlightened because you've chosen to abstain from a certain aspect of life.
Well, you're not me. And no, my opinion of the average intelligence level of those around my age isn't high enough for me to to not reply to topics I have no experience in.

Sometimes an outside opinion helps.

By the way, I get the impression that you use addiction to justify your use of drugs. I know many people do.

It disgusts me how many believe they can't break an addiction with willpower alone.

Last edited by Inverness; 08-12-2007 at 09:52 PM..
Old 08-12-2007, 09:43 PM
Rgesitreed Uesr
Pimmeh has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Pimmeh Send a message via MSN to Pimmeh
Most important skill?
Argumentation....Obviously..../poiints at above
Old 08-12-2007, 09:48 PM
Incubator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimmeh View Post
Most important skill?
Argumentation....Obviously..../poiints at above
Yes, you need something to do when things get boring, also helps with putting the underlings in their place.
Old 08-12-2007, 10:07 PM
jwd
Codein has a spectacular aura aboutCodein has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Codein Send a message via MSN to Codein
Quote:
I'm glad that Zero doesn't do drugs because of the other retards that do it, if he did that would severely lower my opinion of him. I don't like weak-minded fools that succumb to peer-pressure.
Quote:
I never said all drugs were addictive, I'd like to know how you came to that conclusion.
I'm finding odds and ends to bash at you because I recreationally use cannabis every now and then and you're suggesting that all drug users are weak-minded fools and are retarded.

For you information, my good friend, there are many drug users who are not addicted, who are certainly not retarded and chose to do so without being "pressured" into it, like myself.

Now, in your entire superiority, you may be able to classify me as retarded and weak-minded but I'm strong enough to say "no" if I wanted to.

It seems to me that drugs is all about injected down dark alleys, sitting there awaiting for the rush to end ready for the next injection.
Old 08-12-2007, 10:11 PM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
Oh for the love of God.. I thought arguing for nothing died from these forums after Gambet quit. Seems like I was wrong.

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 08-12-2007, 10:16 PM
7 Words
Inspiration is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Inspiration
Quote:
I still don't see any reason why I would want to use drugs 'for the experience'. I don't need mind-altering drugs to have a good time, thanks.
That's good, you shouldn't. But if you go by this logic, you shouldn't need to play video games to have a good time either. Or watch TV. Or read a book. The list goes on and on. Saying you don't need to do something to have a good time is almost always true, but that does not mean you can't have a good time doing it.

Quote:
I think its kind of depressing that you need to do drugs to feel good.
Well, you're not me. And no, my opinion of the average intelligence level of those around my age isn't high enough for me to to not reply to topics I have no experience in.
When did I ever say I did? See above. You're on the anti-drug bandwagon, which is almost as annoying as the 4204LIFESMOKEEVERYDAY one. Doing drugs does not have to be a lifestyle. It's quite possible to have such experiences very casually.

Quote:
By the way, I get the impression that you use addiction to justify your use of drugs. I know many people do.
Quote:
It disgusts me how many believe they can't break an addiction with willpower alone.
My particular drug habits were never revealed, so you should not make assumptions about them. Chemical addiction with many drugs is a real thing. It's not a mind over matter issue. Like I said, you've never been addicted (you're not in a boxing match), so don't sit on the couch and tell people how to beat what they're up against, or claim that you could do it if you were in their situation.

1. Annoy everybody on an existing project by submitting or proposing changes that they don't want
2. Formally declare all existing projects to be complete crap
3. Talk at great length about the deficiencies of other projects
4. Get drunk
5. ???
6. Profit
Old 08-12-2007, 10:25 PM
Incubator
Quote:
That's good, you shouldn't. But if you go by this logic, you shouldn't need to play video games to have a good time either. Or watch TV. Or read a book. The list goes on and on. Saying you don't need to do something to have a good time is almost always true, but that does not mean you can't have a good time doing it.
Video games, TV, and books don't alter your mind like drugs usually do. They keyword in my sentence was mind-altering.
Quote:
When did I ever say I did? See above. You're on the anti-drug bandwagon, which is almost as annoying as the 4204LIFESMOKEEVERYDAY one. Doing drugs does not have to be a lifestyle. It's quite possible to have such experiences very casually.
I don't think you're understanding the definition of impression. Of course you never said you did, but it is the impression I get from your responses.

I very much treasure my mind and I wouldn't want to be doing anything that could unfavorably alter the way I think, like drugs could. Which is why I'd much rather stay away from them.
Quote:
My particular drug habits were never revealed, so you should not make assumptions about them. Chemical addiction with many drugs is a real thing. It's not a mind over matter issue. Like I said, you've never been addicted (you're not in a boxing match), so don't sit on the couch and tell people how to beat what they're up against, or claim that you could do it if you were in their situation.
Fine, feel free to live in your world where you're powerless against addiction, I'm not going to sink to that level of belief, I have confidence in myself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Codein View Post
I'm finding odds and ends to bash at you because I recreationally use cannabis every now and then and you're suggesting that all drug users are weak-minded fools and are retarded.
Maybe those words are too strong but I certainly have a lower opinion of them.
Quote:
For you information, my good friend, there are many drug users who are not addicted, who are certainly not retarded and chose to do so without being "pressured" into it, like myself.
Not a good choice in my opinion.
Quote:
Now, in your entire superiority, you may be able to classify me as retarded and weak-minded but I'm strong enough to say "no" if I wanted to.
I certainly don't know that for sure. Thats also not the image painted by the media. Also I don't have the personal experience to know how many could say "no". My parents certainly can't say "no" to smoking.
Quote:
It seems to me that drugs is all about injected down dark alleys, sitting there awaiting for the rush to end ready for the next injection.
Thats similar to my definition of a 'drug user'. Perhaps I group 'drug user' and 'drug addict' in the same category when I shouldn't?

I don't think any person with a high enough level of intelligence would choose to do anything to alter their mind without a good reason. Thats just my opinion on it.

Last edited by Inverness; 08-12-2007 at 10:37 PM..