Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > PlayerWorlds Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

View Poll Results: LAT, GAT, NAT or Gani Team?
LAT 15 21.74%
NAT 43 62.32%
GAT 9 13.04%
Gani Team 2 2.90%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-05-2007, 02:46 PM
Incubator
Inverness is a jewel in the roughInverness is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerami View Post
or actually tell me why what the poll is saying is correct?
I don't know, maybe because the topic title is Most important skill and the poll title is LAT, GAT, NAT or Gani Team?. And people voted what they thought. Maybe thats why the poll is "correct?"

The purpose of polls is not to be 100% correct. Obviously from the results of the Poll, the majority voted NAT as most important by clear margin. There is no reason to disbelieve the results other than your own displeasure with them.

You're in denial or something so you're trying to think of some excuse as to why the poll would be wrong rather than just accepting that most people think NAT most important as the poll shows. Its rather immature.

Do you have some kind of insecurity in relation to this? I know that if it wasn't NAT that had the majority, yes I would be slightly displeased and that should be understandable, but it wouldn't affect the fact that NATs are still needed for a playerworld to be top quality in all aspects and I'm not going to accuse the voters of being in err just because of a slight displeasure, I wouldn't care enough about the poll to do it.
Old 08-05-2007, 03:29 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inverness View Post
I don't know, maybe because the topic title is Most important skill and the poll title is LAT, GAT, NAT or Gani Team?. And people voted what they thought. Maybe thats why the poll is "correct?"
It just means that most people believe NAT is the most important. It's obvious that it was going to win from the start but that still doesn't make it the most important. It just means the majority thinks that NAT is the most important skill. You're acting as if it absolutely is and making really retarded reasons too.

Quote:
The purpose of polls is not to be 100% correct. Obviously from the results of the Poll, the majority voted NAT as most important by clear margin. There is no reason to disbelieve the results other than your own displeasure with them.
???

Quote:
You're in denial or something so you're trying to think of some excuse as to why the poll would be wrong rather than just accepting that most people think NAT most important as the poll shows. Its rather immature.
Why are you throwing out insults and random **** without a proper reason? You keep saying that I think this and this way when you clearly have no clue.

Quote:
Do you have some kind of insecurity in relation to this? I know that if it wasn't NAT that had the majority, yes I would be slightly displeased and that should be understandable, but it wouldn't affect the fact that NATs are still needed for a playerworld to be top quality in all aspects and I'm not going to accuse the voters of being in err just because of a slight displeasure, I wouldn't care enough about the poll to do it.
Either my posts are just really really badly worded or you totally misunderstood my post.
Old 08-05-2007, 05:36 PM
Rgesitreed Uesr
Pimmeh has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Pimmeh Send a message via MSN to Pimmeh
Ok before Iverness responds to crono and more arguments follow.
You need all of them!
And with just NAT you cant get there. You cant get there with just levels, not with just graphics and really not with just gani's.
There?I mean the classic tab
Old 08-05-2007, 08:36 PM
That one guy...
zokemon is a jewel in the roughzokemon is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via ICQ to zokemon Send a message via AIM to zokemon Send a message via MSN to zokemon Send a message via Yahoo to zokemon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Codein View Post
But not all NATs have the innovation to create a fantastically unique server. Also, not all scripters have leadership skills.

I'm not very imaginative in terms of scripting but I still script, albeit I suck, so yeah *hands knife* kill me.
Once you have a very clear understanding of GS2, your level of scripting skill isn't just about the understanding any more but then also about your creativity and logic processing. Really complex and innovative things require a ton of imagination. Joe could be exactly the same as Bob in respects to how much they both understand GS2 but Joe would be ten times better then Bob if his imagination was better simply because he could utilize what he knew in a much more efficient fashion.

Do you think I could come up with the attached set of algorithms with out any imagination?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimmeh View Post
Ok before Iverness responds to crono and more arguments follow.
You need all of them!
And with just NAT you cant get there. You cant get there with just levels, not with just graphics and really not with just gani's.
There?I mean the classic tab
Sadly, you can.
Attached Files
File Type: txt dorefreshterrain.txt (2.2 KB, 237 views)
Old 08-05-2007, 08:47 PM
jwd
Codein has a spectacular aura aboutCodein has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Codein Send a message via MSN to Codein
Quote:
Originally Posted by zokemon View Post
Once you have a very clear understanding of GS2, your level of scripting skill isn't just about the understanding any more but then also about your creativity and logic processing. Really complex and innovative things require a ton of imagination. Joe could be exactly the same as Bob in respects to how much they both understand GS2 but Joe would be ten times better then Bob if his imagination was better simply because he could utilize what he knew in a much more efficient fashion.

Do you think I could come up with the attached set of algorithms with out any imagination?

Sadly, you can.
I get what you mean about imagination...

However, you're missing out big style on the importance of level design. Secret of Mana wasn't successful just for it's systems alone. It had great level design and graphics.
Old 08-06-2007, 01:01 AM
That one guy...
Send a message via ICQ to zokemon Send a message via AIM to zokemon Send a message via MSN to zokemon Send a message via Yahoo to zokemon
Quote:
I get what you mean about imagination...

However, you're missing out big style on the importance of level design. Secret of Mana wasn't successful just for it's systems alone. It had great level design and graphics.
Oh, I never said that level design and graphics don't require imagination, in fact I agree they require a great deal of imagination. I'm just saying that high quality levels of scripting is based off of imagination rather then just simple knowledge.
Old 08-06-2007, 01:12 AM
iphone era sad litle mads
Felix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Felix_Xenophobe
Magic Bullet
Originally Posted by Tashkin
I have done 10x the amount any previous EA has done.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenblade1979 View Post
What you need is Zone Police again.
Old 08-06-2007, 04:05 AM
Incubator
Inverness is a jewel in the roughInverness is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerami View Post
You're acting as if it absolutely is and making really retarded reasons too.
Uh not really, each have their own opinion, this poll just shows that most people's opinion is that NAT is the most important skill. It seemed to me you had a problem with people's opinion not matching your own so you tried to say they voted in error.

This poll isn't about what what actually is the most important, and if I gave you the impression that I thought so then I apologize.

I believe we're confusing our intentions. Here is mine: The majority of the community hold the opinion that the NAT is the most important group required for a playerworld because of their purpose.

Though of course that is opinion not fact.
Old 08-06-2007, 04:14 AM
jwd
Codein has a spectacular aura aboutCodein has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Codein Send a message via MSN to Codein
Quote:
Oh, I never said that level design and graphics don't require imagination, in fact I agree they require a great deal of imagination. I'm just saying that high quality levels of scripting is based off of imagination rather then just simple knowledge.
I was referring to the whole "Sadly you can" because good level design is just as important as scripting. SoM was designed beautifully in all aspects. Zelda didn't have much detail but the level design was still good. Script alone can make some awesome things but to give a playerworld that real boost, level design and graphics are just as important.
Old 08-06-2007, 04:25 AM
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inverness View Post
Uh not really, each have their own opinion, this poll just shows that most people's opinion is that NAT is the most important skill. It seemed to me you had a problem with people's opinion not matching your own so you tried to say they voted in error.
No, never said anything like that nor did I mean to.

Quote:
This poll isn't about what what actually is the most important, and if I gave you the impression that I thought so then I apologize.

I believe we're confusing our intentions. Here is mine: The majority of the community hold the opinion that the NAT is the most important group required for a playerworld because of their purpose.
Yeah.

Quote:
Though of course that is opinion not fact.
Yeah...I know. You made it seem like it was a fact though. :P
Old 08-06-2007, 06:07 AM
That one guy...
Quote:
I was referring to the whole "Sadly you can" because good level design is just as important as scripting. SoM was designed beautifully in all aspects. Zelda didn't have much detail but the level design was still good. Script alone can make some awesome things but to give a playerworld that real boost, level design and graphics are just as important.
When I said "Sadly you can" I was responding to someone who had said that you can't make the classic tab unless you have all three. I was pointing out that sadly, you can make classic tab without all 3 because the current servers are living proof of that.
Old 08-06-2007, 06:13 AM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
To be honest, nearly all those servers have been up there since forever(save for Era). I think the only reason they're up is because they got there before standards were really around. There is just no reason to take them down really, as Graal would only look more empty.
Old 08-06-2007, 09:04 AM
That one guy...
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
To be honest, nearly all those servers have been up there since forever(save for Era). I think the only reason they're up is because they got there before standards were really around. There is just no reason to take them down really, as Graal would only look more empty.
Exactly. (You forgot Zodiac? Or maybe you were turning an intentional blind eye to it? )
Old 08-06-2007, 10:40 AM
Rgesitreed Uesr
Pimmeh has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Pimmeh Send a message via MSN to Pimmeh
I find it a shame that we dont have some Zodiac lovers here....some people who play zodiac and have an account to register on the forums...
Old 08-06-2007, 02:25 PM
Quote:
Exactly. (You forgot Zodiac? Or maybe you were turning an intentional blind eye to it? )
he said nearly...