Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > PlayerWorlds Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

View Poll Results: LAT, GAT, NAT or Gani Team?
LAT 15 21.74%
NAT 43 62.32%
GAT 9 13.04%
Gani Team 2 2.90%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-31-2007, 04:31 AM
Registered Punmaster
Sulukra is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inverness View Post
I'll be sure to implement that on Val
Actually, chat history would be absolutely brilliant on Val - would stop people from having to repeat posts.
Cor:Yeah.
-Twenty questions later-
Cor:Alright, so we all fail. What was it?
Sulukra:My handheld 20 questions game.
Cor:Curse you, you Canadian fiend.
Old 07-31-2007, 11:32 AM
Selflon_p2p is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Selflon_p2p
Whatever happened to the old school LAT, without all the fancy branches, the one that was expected to do all the tiling AND scripting themselves?...
Old 08-02-2007, 06:25 AM
**FLIP OUT**
theHAWKER is an unknown quantity at this point
anyone who is good at art and balance would be good at lat and/or gat.

nat's take more training and practice...
Old 08-02-2007, 07:16 AM
Jin
Black_Wallstreet is an unknown quantity at this point
If you had no levels, you would have no server.
Old 08-02-2007, 07:31 AM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
It can work in every direction.
A server with good scripts could possibly do well without great levels or graphics. I'm sure no one plays Zodiac for its graphics or levels. Just the system it uses.
A server with good levels and simple scripts could be just as successful, it never stopped Classic or UN.
A server with good graphics may not need good levels because a good tileset can make any level look pretty. The same applies for the scripts, doesn't need anything great to be successful.

So as for what's most important, it depends on what you want. You're probably not going to get far trying to make an advanced RPG server with complex systems if you can only offer levels or graphics. On the other hand, you would probably be able to get far making a classic-type server.
Old 08-02-2007, 09:34 AM
Petrification of a Newbie
Darklux is a jewel in the roughDarklux is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via ICQ to Darklux Send a message via AIM to Darklux Send a message via Yahoo to Darklux
Nat, as you are lucky if you have some.

Many people can learn making levels and ganis.
Fewer good gfx.

And even few people coding... but good coders are usually already bound to big projects.
Old 08-02-2007, 10:07 AM
Incubator
Inverness is a jewel in the roughInverness is a jewel in the rough
All your arguments fail. Levels and Graphics are rendered in Graal using scripting.

Win.
Old 08-02-2007, 10:57 AM
Rediculously inactive
Horrified is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Horrified Send a message via AIM to Horrified Send a message via MSN to Horrified Send a message via Yahoo to Horrified
graphics > all.

no beauty, no epic wins in your server, because everyone complains your gfx suck, and that's not like scripts were none of the players see how horrible they're coded ;[
Old 08-02-2007, 02:15 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
All your arguments fail. Levels and Graphics are rendered in Graal using scripting.

Win.
All your arguments fail. Basic scripts and graphics are already included in Graal's system and level editor.

Win.

Obtw I thought this was strictly lat vs gat vs nat...not some kind of WEL U KAN MAEK GRAFIX FROM LEVELS or U KAN SCRIPT TRIANGLES
Old 08-02-2007, 08:56 PM
Incubator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerami View Post
Obtw I thought this was strictly lat vs gat vs nat...not some kind of WEL U KAN MAEK GRAFIX FROM LEVELS or U KAN SCRIPT TRIANGLES
True, NAT is the most important because it makes all the graphics and levels work together. If you want to cast your fancy spells and use cool weapons, scripts are going to have to tell your fancy graphics what to do.

I'd say the results of the pull supports this.
Old 08-02-2007, 09:03 PM
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
True, NAT is the most important because it makes all the graphics and levels work together. If you want to cast your fancy spells and use cool weapons, scripts are going to have to tell your fancy graphics what to do.
Not really. If we're talking specific, the levels are essential because you have nothing to put the graphics into or your precious systems. If you're generating levels using scripts you're basically LATing anyway so your argument is then null and void because you're tring to say that scripting > creating levels.

Quote:
I'd say the results of the pull supports this.
In my opinion it's because no one gives a **** about good levels anymore.
Old 08-02-2007, 09:14 PM
Rediculously inactive
Horrified is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Horrified Send a message via AIM to Horrified Send a message via MSN to Horrified Send a message via Yahoo to Horrified
Quote:
In my opinion it's because no one gives a **** about good levels anymore.
I thought people said back in the day, any old level that came out was spiffy.

Now, you need to have all this fancy details and it needs to serve more then just a purpose of having a place for you to idle in; you have to idle in a place that looks pretty.

I'd say that people do care, considering all the people who hate most of the levels that aren't good in the LAT section...and have you heard about Maloria's levels? Good lord, I'd say people care about those being fixed more then Maloria coming out o_O
Old 08-02-2007, 09:41 PM
Quote:
I'd say that people do care
Zodiac is a walking tile error but it obviously didn't stop them from going public. Players and globals alike don't really care for proper levels anymore.
Old 08-02-2007, 11:17 PM
**FLIP OUT**
theHAWKER is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Zodiac is a walking tile error but it obviously didn't stop them from going public. Players and globals alike don't really care for proper levels anymore.
its a sad world we live in...
Old 08-02-2007, 11:47 PM
Incubator
The poll speaks for itself, I'm not going really bother arguing with that clear victory.