Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > PlayerWorlds Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

View Poll Results: LAT, GAT, NAT or Gani Team?
LAT 15 21.74%
NAT 43 62.32%
GAT 9 13.04%
Gani Team 2 2.90%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-12-2007, 10:38 PM
jwd
Codein has a spectacular aura aboutCodein has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Codein Send a message via MSN to Codein
Quote:
I don't think any person with a high enough level of intelligence would choose to do anything to alter their mind without a good reason.
Because it's a different experience. When life gets old, it's something new. Possibly this is something you cannot grasp. People wish to make their lives interested where it's physically impossible for them to do so.

So you're implying you're intelligent enough not to touch them? No, you're scared of what may happen. There are thousands of intelligent folk who have done drugs.
Old 08-12-2007, 10:46 PM
Incubator
Inverness is a jewel in the roughInverness is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Codein View Post
Because it's a different experience. When life gets old, it's something new. Possibly this is something you cannot grasp. People wish to make their lives interested where it's physically impossible for them to do so.
Don't understand how that would happen. My life is just fine the way it is.
Quote:
So you're implying you're intelligent enough not to touch them? No, you're scared of what may happen.
Scared, no, not really, that is too strong of a word. Nervous perhaps?

I can't think of a reason why I would want to do something that would alter my mind. I rather like being in control of myself and I don't want to do anything that could change that, and drugs certainly can.
Quote:
There are thousands of intelligent folk who have done drugs.
Please give examples so I can judge their actual level of intelligence, thanks.
Old 08-12-2007, 10:47 PM
7 Words
Inspiration is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Inspiration
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inverness View Post
Video games, TV, and books don't alter your mind like drugs usually do. They keyword in my sentence was mind-altering.
I'd say someone engrossed in a video game is in a pretty altered state of mind, actually. And I'd almost dare say even more disconnected from reality than someone on certain drugs.

Quote:
I don't think you're understanding the definition of impression. Of course you never said you did, but it is the impression I get from your responses.
You're not looking too deeply into them then. It's fairly obvious that I preach moderation.

Quote:
I very much treasure my mind and I wouldn't want to be doing anything that could unfavorably alter the way I think, like drugs could. Which is why I'd much rather stay away from them.
Most drugs only alter your mind for a short period of time. It's up to you what you take out of your experience. Again, you're speaking out of an opinion given to you by observation and word.

Just because you go on an acid trip or smoke some weed does not mean you will spend your life being like DUDE FAR OUT MAN.

Quote:
Fine, feel free to live in your world where you're powerless against addiction, I'm not going to sink to that level of belief, I have confidence in myself.
Maybe those words are too strong but I certainly have a lower opinion of them.
The only thing I'm addicted to is experiencing life and living it to it's fullest. You have no clue what you're talking about, because you've never been there. You've never experienced. I'm not saying you're a bad person or incorrect for your choices, I'm just saying you have no right to judge people out of said ignorance.

Some of the most intelligent, insightful, creative people in history have had drug addictions and used drugs to think and create the way they did.

You may not want them, need them, or support them. That's fine. But what you should not do is dismiss the possibility that they can have positive effects.

Quote:
Bill Hicks. Jim Morrison. Ernest Hemingway. Terrence McKenna. Alex Grey.

1. Annoy everybody on an existing project by submitting or proposing changes that they don't want
2. Formally declare all existing projects to be complete crap
3. Talk at great length about the deficiencies of other projects
4. Get drunk
5. ???
6. Profit
Old 08-12-2007, 10:57 PM
Incubator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspiration View Post
I'd say someone engrossed in a video game is in a pretty altered state of mind, actually. And I'd almost dare say even more disconnected from reality than someone on certain drugs.
Thats kinda weird, I've never felt like that when playing video games, heh. Well maybe this one time when playing GTA3 on the PC, I got this super-trainer called the GTA Admin Console and I'd use it to accelerate my car to insane speeds and cause havok, and it made me laugh alot (out loud in real life) when I crushed scores of people sent cars and trucks flying down the road at Mach 1.
Quote:
You're not looking too deeply into them then. It's fairly obvious that I preach moderation.
Hey, I'm not experienced at these things remember.
Quote:
Most drugs only alter your mind for a short period of time. It's up to you what you take out of your experience. Again, you're speaking out of an opinion given to you by observation and word.
This is true.
Quote:
The only thing I'm addicted to is experiencing life and living it to it's fullest. You have no clue what you're talking about, because you've never been there. You've never experienced. I'm not saying you're a bad person or incorrect for your choices, I'm just saying you have no right to judge people out of said ignorance.

Some of the most intelligent, insightful, creative people in history have had drug addictions and used drugs to think and create the way they did.

You may not want them, need them, or support them. That's fine. But what you should not do is dismiss the possibility that they can have positive effects.
You're very right.

However, I'll still hold to the fact that I'll never do anything mind-altering without a damn good reason, and a short 'high' is certainly not a good reason in my opinion.

By the way, would like some examples of these so-called positive effects, they obviously don't make the news.

Looks like Gendo Ikari
Old 08-12-2007, 11:08 PM
7 Words
Quote:
However, I'll still hold to the fact that I'll never do anything mind-altering without a damn good reason, and a short 'high' is certainly not a good reason in my opinion.

By the way, would like some examples of these so-called positive effects, they obviously don't make the news.

Looks like Gendo Ikari
Beyond alcohol and weed, people who do drugs for the high is pretty much what causes the misconception that everyone on them is a burnt out, waste of life, addicted idiot.

Experience in life itself is reason enough for me.

The positive effects are subjective. Like I said, it's what you take out of your situation. They can range anywhere from an intense bonding experience between friends or partners, a newfound appreciation for music, art, or nature, and anything of the like.

I'm fairly certain the experience is far different from what you're picturing in your head.

1. Annoy everybody on an existing project by submitting or proposing changes that they don't want
4. Get drunk
5. ???
6. Profit
Old 08-12-2007, 11:12 PM
Incubator
Quote:
Beyond alcohol and weed, people who do drugs for the high is pretty much what causes the misconception that everyone on them is a burnt out, waste of life, addicted idiot.
Thats the opinion I currently have of drug users. It seems a revision is in order.
Quote:
The positive effects are subjective. Like I said, it's what you take out of your situation. They can range anywhere from an intense bonding experience between friends or partners, a newfound appreciation for music, art, or nature, and anything of the like.
My immature humor made me laugh. (to quote Zero) (This comment is directed at the bold+italic words)
Quote:
I'm fairly certain the experience is far different from what you're picturing in your head.
You're probably right.
Old 08-12-2007, 11:19 PM
7 Words
Quote:
Thats the opinion I currently have of drug users. It seems a revision is in order.
The best thing you can do is research the subject. McKenna, who I mentioned above, is a pretty good start.

If you still decide to abstain from such things, all the power to you then. At the very least you'll understand where certain people are coming from though.

4. Get drunk
5. ???
6. Profit
Old 08-12-2007, 11:23 PM
Incubator
Quote:
The best thing you can do is research the subject. McKenna, who I mentioned above, is a pretty good start.

If you still decide to abstain from such things, all the power to you then. At the very least you'll understand where certain people are coming from though.
Ah, what a nice way to finish a debate.

P.S.: GOD ITS ****ING HOT IN TEXAS >:O

All the hot air from the entire house seems to come up here =( When I go down the stairs the difference in temperature is like stepping down into a swimming pool on a hot day.
Old 08-12-2007, 11:51 PM
My empire of dirt
Twinny is just really niceTwinny is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Twinny
I didn't even bother to read the last few pages....split the topic or use forum pms....damn...

Anyhoo, Zokemon informed me that you can use 3d objects in standard Graal. This is awesome since I can make better 3d objects than I could ever pixel. Any graphic artists you can pixel and/or texture?
Old 08-13-2007, 01:45 AM
Delteria
Cloven has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Cloven
Quote:
Here's a few famous pot smokers worthy of notation, and as an exception to your hasty generalization:

George Washington
Thomas Jefferson
Bill Gates
JFK
William Shakespeare

These people are widely revered as important/contributory/intelligent so I believe this should provide you with what you're asking for.
Old 08-13-2007, 02:25 AM
That one guy...
zokemon is a jewel in the roughzokemon is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via ICQ to zokemon Send a message via AIM to zokemon Send a message via MSN to zokemon Send a message via Yahoo to zokemon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrashsoul3 View Post
Zero's Signature: "Atexia Development (Needs graphic artists.)"

Enough said.
1. I don't see how that has anything to do with me having or not having a life what so ever nor does it relate to drugs at all.
2. Just because I need graphic artists doesn't make them the most important. There are plenty of graphic artists out there that are in dire need of scripters. You can't use that as proof.

Last edited by zokemon; 08-13-2007 at 02:44 AM..
Old 08-13-2007, 02:40 AM
Incubator
Quote:
Originally Posted by zokemon View Post
I doubt Stefan is going to trust anyone else with such technology.
That was the wrong thing to say Mr. I-Think-I-Deserve-Special-Treatment-Because-I-Got-Connections.

I doubt Stefan would have a problem letting others use it for good reason. Way to stroke your ego.
Old 08-13-2007, 02:52 AM
That one guy...
Send a message via ICQ to zokemon Send a message via AIM to zokemon Send a message via MSN to zokemon Send a message via Yahoo to zokemon
Quote:
That was the wrong thing to say Mr. I-Think-I-Deserve-Special-Treatment-Because-I-Got-Connections.

I doubt Stefan would have a problem letting others use it for good reason. Way to stroke your ego.
That's not what I meant... It's just like the flying technology, he isn't just going to go out and let anyone use it if they ask. I spent a good 2 hours explaining all my ideas to him before I could even convince him to let me try it out to see if it will work. There's no guarantee that I will even be allowed to use it and my project may just fall into the trashcan.

I wasn't trying to come off as egotistical but merely recommending this technology get slowly worked into Graal and not raped by a thousand newbie servers to make it seem commonplace. But if you don't want to head my advise, go ahead and do what you want. If you are gonna make such comments about me, I'll just humble my self and not try to stop you.
Old 08-13-2007, 02:55 AM
Incubator
Quote:
Originally Posted by zokemon View Post
That's not what I meant... It's just like the flying technology, he isn't just going to go out and let anyone use it if they ask. I spent a good 2 hours explaining all my ideas to him before I could even convince him to let me try it out to see if it will work. There's no guarantee that I will even be allowed to use it and my project may just fall into the trashcan.

I wasn't trying to come off as egotistical but merely recommending this technology get slowly worked into Graal and not raped by a thousand newbie servers to make it seem commonplace. But if you don't want to head my advise, go ahead and do what you want. If you are gonna make such comments about me, I'll just humble my self and not try to stop you.
I want a chicken sandwich.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inverness
I doubt Stefan would have a problem letting others use it for good reason.
You got owned, son.
I stand by my statement.
WTF ARE YOU LOOKING AT?
Old 08-13-2007, 03:07 AM
That one guy...
Quote:
I stand by my statement.
NO, YOU DON'T GET A CHICKEN SANDWICH
Fine you win. I'm egotistical, arrogent, etc. Here's your cheese burger.