Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > PlayerWorlds Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-16-2007, 10:13 PM
Levelsmith
TalonShriner is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to TalonShriner
A unique server idea

I don't plan on starting another server, I just want to help give some people some ideas on a server that isn't the same concepts that we are all used to. Feel free to add any of your own ideas, but stick to the general theme.

One of the most basic elements to a server or game for that matter is competitiveness. And one of the most fundamental aspects to a competition is who can eliminate their opponents and cross the finish line first. As you probably already figured out, I'm talking about a race. This is what I would like to see brought to Graal. I'm not talking about servers making a tiny little foot race for their event house. I'm talking a full out race.

The player would start at an auto garage where they distribute stat points to their very first go-cart like vehicle. They have 15 points to spend between a few different aspects:

Power- Overall strength of the vehicle's weapons.
Speed- The swiftness of the vehicle in general.
Durability- The amount of damage the vehicle can take before breaking down.
Fuel- The amount of petrol the vehicle's tank holds before it needs to refuel.

The player would then leave the garage to enter the main city. The city would be filled with shops to buy new parts for their vehicle, arenas to challenge other players to races, battles and compete against the clock in time trials. Players may even buy their own home with a garage to park their vehicle when they just want to take a break. But when the players are hard at work, they will be be doing things like racing for money or trophies, buying or selling extra parts, or even visiting the junk yard to recover old scraps to be made into new and better parts!

The driving system for all cars will be more sophisticated than holding the gas "peddle" and going. The players can regulate the speed that their car will be going, switch between weapons to slow down opponents with, slamming on the brakes to dodge environmental traps and pitfalls, in addition to setting some of their own! Weapons will range from machine guns to mines to stat-altering power-ups. The vehicle can hold up to 3 weapons at a time and be upgraded at specialized garages to hold additional weapon slots.

Players will be able to customize different aspects of their vehicle. Various colors, chassis and other additional parts like fins, horns and lights can all be changed to the driver's liking at body shops set up around the city.

If a player gets tired from racing and battling all day, the player can go on special missions requiring speed and dexterity. These missions could be as simple as delivering pizzas or as intense as chasing after a criminal. Players will be rewarded after such feats new parts, money or additional stat points to use on their vehicle.

Finally, when the player wins enough races and battles and earns enough money to buy their own house, they will be able to park their car (players that do not own houses can park at a public parking garage) in their private garage. Now the player would have the space to buy a second vehicle if they wanted! The player can modify a vehicle strictly for racing and another for battling.

Please tell me if you think this is a good idea or not. Please say why you feel that way and also feel free to add some more ideas!
Old 08-16-2007, 10:16 PM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
I like the idea!

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 08-16-2007, 10:18 PM
jwd
Codein has a spectacular aura aboutCodein has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Codein Send a message via MSN to Codein
Mint.
Old 08-16-2007, 10:21 PM
Rediculously inactive
Horrified is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Horrified Send a message via AIM to Horrified Send a message via MSN to Horrified Send a message via Yahoo to Horrified
Sounds awesome.

Now someone needs to replace there Era Clone #23542 and do it.
Old 08-16-2007, 10:21 PM
♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪
Shakram is on a distinguished road
reminds me a little bit on car battler joe for gba which was a cool game
but your idea is different and would be cool on graal
Old 08-16-2007, 10:33 PM
Levelsmith
TalonShriner is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to TalonShriner
I had a little trouble thinking of some of the stats. Anyone got any to add?
Old 08-16-2007, 11:20 PM
Fiorieiru
ChrisNolan is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to ChrisNolan
That would be fun, I'd like to see something like that on Graal Games

Old 08-16-2007, 11:24 PM
Rediculously inactive
Horrified is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Horrified Send a message via AIM to Horrified Send a message via MSN to Horrified Send a message via Yahoo to Horrified
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisNolan View Post
That would be fun, I'd like to see something like that on Graal Games
Too extensive and wouldn't be worth it as a graal games game.

Needs to be a full fledged server with effort put into it's creation to be successful.