Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-02-2013, 11:00 PM
Posting The Truth
Supaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of light
Gangs; Who Needs Them?

Got a little artsy in the title there.

Anyway, I just ranted on this topic earlier and thought it would be good to open up a thread and see what everyone's opinions are. Non-Eraians, oldbies that still surf the forums, Tk I guess... What would make you guys want to join gangs and actually participate?

You all had a blast doing it years ago when there was nothing to gain but a little fun. Now with endless lists of incentives, improved systems, and non-existant wait times (sometimes instant warps) to raids, no one cares to partake in a little bit of 'fun'.

Here is my previous rant/response on the topic of Gangs, if you want to further understand the daily dilemma faced; many players actively represent gangs, yet few actually participate in gang activities.

tl;dr What would make you want to play Era as a gang member, or even become one?

Old 01-02-2013, 11:40 PM
iphone era sad litle mads
Felix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Felix_Xenophobe
i do
Originally Posted by Tashkin
I have done 10x the amount any previous EA has done.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenblade1979 View Post
What you need is Zone Police again.
Old 01-03-2013, 12:29 AM
asdfg
BlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to behold
I think what made it fun (for me at-least) was ranking up, but also the strategy during a raid. Don't go main cause they laming? Half elevator - half heal room? Sewers? etc. But also the RP aspect, where everyone had to wear gang hats/ gang outfits. Rivalry between gangs, everyone hating BH cause they run, etc.
Old 01-03-2013, 04:47 AM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
morano family
Old 01-03-2013, 05:52 AM
Zeus Condero
papajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to behold
I think you are asking the wrong people. All of us forum dwellers will most likely NOT come back regardless the changes you make. You should ask people who are currently on the server, but not in a gang.

Not sure if this has changed, but only one base should be available for take-over at a time IMO. It forces everyone to take that base. The server should announce that a base is open for take-over. Now here is the part servers mess up on. Who ever owns the base at the end of the time, should NOT be given the base. It should be given to the team that held it the longest.

What made me want to join a gang was the belief that they had more privileges (gang guns/hats/etc.) As far as I know, this doesn't exist anymore. Is the gang shop released?

It might even be a cool idea to have gang missions. Gang missions would require a decent amount of people and force leadership to be involved.
Old 01-03-2013, 06:52 AM
xChugxLifex
Frankie is a jewel in the roughFrankie is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Frankie Send a message via MSN to Frankie
back in the day it seemed like being in a gang was a lot more prestigious. now days it's too easy to get into and nobody really thinks any different of you because you're in a gang. I remember joining LC and all my friends were jealous and thought I was the ****.

the community was just so much different back then. people were a lot more competitive. the only incentive we had to raid was to say "we beat you." respect was a lot harder to earn and it was something people wanted to fight for. that's just how players were back then. I think era just needs a complete overhaul to be more updated with today's standards for games. the whole concept behind graal and era itself is amazing and has tons of potential but if it's turning into such a complex and difficult task to make players raid then maybe it's time to change it up.
Old 01-03-2013, 09:06 AM
ilovegirlzz can only hope to improve
if you reset the server and started everyone off at the same level maybe and just maybe would I want to join a gang. Atm there doesnt seem to be an advantage of being in one.
Old 01-03-2013, 06:45 PM
Era since 2005
bloodykiller is infamous around these partsbloodykiller is infamous around these parts
the BH pk event should be banned since all it does it create a mess and stop any raid which is going on..players r able to get back to BH too quickly and even if you survive several players you'll die eventually since people keep coming back as soon as they die.
the only raidable base on era is BH, so the other bases should be replaced.
the base capture points r lame since it takes people off raids to go cap other bases.
only give money for kills if it's inside a gang base..people will want to raid.
Old 01-03-2013, 09:12 PM
Still wasting time here?
Scoper is a glorious beacon of lightScoper is a glorious beacon of lightScoper is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Scoper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie View Post
back in the day it seemed like being in a gang was a lot more prestigious. now days it's too easy to get into and nobody really thinks any different of you because you're in a gang. I remember joining LC and all my friends were jealous and thought I was the ****.

the community was just so much different back then. people were a lot more competitive. the only incentive we had to raid was to say "we beat you." respect was a lot harder to earn and it was something people wanted to fight for. that's just how players were back then. I think era just needs a complete overhaul to be more updated with today's standards for games. the whole concept behind graal and era itself is amazing and has tons of potential but if it's turning into such a complex and difficult task to make players raid then maybe it's time to change it up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodykiller View Post
the BH pk event should be banned since all it does it create a mess and stop any raid which is going on..players r able to get back to BH too quickly and even if you survive several players you'll die eventually since people keep coming back as soon as they die.
the only raidable base on era is BH, so the other bases should be replaced.
the base capture points r lame since it takes people off raids to go cap other bases.
only give money for kills if it's inside a gang base..people will want to raid.
this is me mirroring both of their sentiments. Zeus made some good points too but fux dat kid he's a michigander

"I don't believe that right choice confers immunity. I no longer believe in reward. I simply believe that choices must be made regardless of their chances of success. And so I've come here."
Quote:
take my liver but not my classic accounts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohola_KinG View Post
That's the type of guy you are. Never wrong, always right. Headache material you are.
Old 01-03-2013, 11:35 PM
Stay Frosty
WillaWonka will become famous soon enough
PKing is not fun anymore, and all the updates and releases are getting channeled to those who are already rich and play the game alot... for now. (Pointing figures at the staff releasing one of a kind 200k+ guns,That inevitably go for 500k to one of the 6millionaires).

Staff are too focus on this "big picture", sucking money from the economy, when what is really hurting era is the lack of players, and lack of activity for those who already are there.

Its a nifty little chatroom now, GG Staff.
Old 01-04-2013, 05:24 AM
amf101 is on a distinguished road
Yeah, Frankie's right. Somebody was in your base you had to get them out. We was a lot more prideful back then. Those times are obviously gone, though. It sucks.
Old 01-04-2013, 05:27 AM
Posting The Truth
Supaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of light
That's mostly my point... it's just how the players are now, we give them tons of bonuses and stuff they asked for and they don't want to do anything. Meh...

On another note:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
morano family
Done.
Old 01-04-2013, 05:46 AM
amf101 is on a distinguished road
I know. You do what you can, really. I think how we're all too huddled around how much money we have and all the other things we can do other than pking kind of knocked the staff team off what era was always about. Logging on and instantly getting roped into some raid or something pk related. Not bet flipping and digging snowballs all day.
When you think of any shooting game you think of instant action. Imagine halo having an unstick me, money, hats or any other thing that doesn't belong in a shooter. You give people the option of being able to sit in a place all day without the danger of dying you're going to attract the sort of person who is content on sitting there digging your silly snowballs while waiting for your "spoon fed" BH pk.
Old 01-04-2013, 05:54 AM
a true gentlemen
Tim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to behold
We need more of this on Era

Old 01-04-2013, 06:25 AM
Still wasting time here?
Scoper is a glorious beacon of lightScoper is a glorious beacon of lightScoper is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Scoper
Quote:
Originally Posted by amf101 View Post
I know. You do what you can, really. I think how we're all too huddled around how much money we have and all the other things we can do other than pking kind of knocked the staff team off what era was always about. Logging on and instantly getting roped into some raid or something pk related. Not bet flipping and digging snowballs all day.
When you think of any shooting game you think of instant action. Imagine halo having an unstick me, money, hats or any other thing that doesn't belong in a shooter. You give people the option of being able to sit in a place all day without the danger of dying you're going to attract the sort of person who is content on sitting there digging your silly snowballs while waiting for your "spoon fed" BH pk.
>> still server with highest playercount

"I don't believe that right choice confers immunity. I no longer believe in reward. I simply believe that choices must be made regardless of their chances of success. And so I've come here."
Quote:
take my liver but not my classic accounts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohola_KinG View Post
That's the type of guy you are. Never wrong, always right. Headache material you are.