Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Graal Kingdoms
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-03-2011, 05:29 PM
xAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud of
Can we see more stuff!!
Old 01-03-2011, 05:55 PM
Craigus will become famous soon enough
Really can't wait for this, excellent job Tig & co! i will be playing from release day for sure.
Old 01-03-2011, 06:15 PM
cyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant future
It looks awesome I'm getting and iPod Touch soon so I'll definitely be playing it on release.
Old 01-03-2011, 08:36 PM
AEON Manager
Hatred89 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Send a message via AIM to Hatred89
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigairius View Post
We've considered doing this and we're still unsure if we want to mess with the headache that is involved with account creation (accounts being sold, accounts being hacked, account restoration, account management, account recovery, etc). However, it might need to be more necessary since we will be heavily economy based, unlike the other two iPhone servers where you can't really trade. Player-to-player trading is already opening up a lot of headaches that we will be dealing with from scams, hackers, etc.
Well if this is something that you plan to go the mile you will have to find some type of solution to that. Some people upgrade their iPhones or iTouches each year or two years and since GK will be a mmorpg for the iphone then people will complain about all their hard work lost.
Also will gk iphone be open to the pc graal community who has gold? I mean thats one way of drawing in players from the phone servers to the pc server and bringing in more money.
Old 01-03-2011, 09:17 PM
Fuzzoodles
iFuzzy is on a distinguished road
Nice!! Iv'e seen so much more cooler levels then this swamp though, even though this swamp is actually amazing in my opinion. You guys should be excited when I say this

I can't wait to play this when it comes out!
Old 01-04-2011, 03:57 AM
The Cat
Tigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatred89 View Post
Well if this is something that you plan to go the mile you will have to find some type of solution to that. Some people upgrade their iPhones or iTouches each year or two years and since GK will be a mmorpg for the iphone then people will complain about all their hard work lost.
Also will gk iphone be open to the pc graal community who has gold? I mean thats one way of drawing in players from the phone servers to the pc server and bringing in more money.
Well, if we did not do account creation, players could still request that their old device be swapped with their new device. That is currently how they do it on Classic iPhone and Era iPhone.

My only concern is how much time it will take from staff members. I'm not sure if it will take more time from staff members to restore accounts, etc or to transfer old devices to new devices. We are trying minimalize the amount of time staff members must spend helping players. This will guarantee that players will be happier if they need less help from staff members to do things, and it will make staff members happier too.

Right now I can confirm that we will not be merging PC and iPhone Graal Kingdoms as of now in our plans, however, if we find a way to make this possible - we will definitely. I would say there is a 50% chance that we will implement that capability sometime after release. The reason we are on the fence is because we are still unsure if we are going to have player killing or not (except for events and spars). Player killing could offer an unfair advantage to those playing on the PC.

On top of all of that, iPhone revolves around micro-transactions and executes it fairly smoothly. Graal for the PC does not execute micro-transactions smoothly, and we will not be introducing PC access to Kingdoms iPhone until Graal's payment system is revised to better suit our goals. We are doing this to keep players happy as much as we are doing it to get the most out of our creation.

Edit: I should mention, however, that this doesn't mean that Graal Kingdoms will be left out. I have a huge plan for Graal Kingdoms involving this content. We'll see what happens.

“Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.”

Last edited by Tigairius; 01-04-2011 at 04:09 AM..
Old 01-04-2011, 05:10 AM
i can haz gold plz
Dumdumdidi will become famous soon enough
definitely something to wait for
Old 01-04-2011, 07:33 AM
Gov'nah
Zeltino will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatred89 View Post
As someone who has played Graal Classic for the iPhone I just hope you guys make accounts for the iPhone GK because when switching ipods your account doesn't transfer only the paid app. Also I hope that all the players who have paid for gold will get access to the server via pc because playing on the itouch/iphone for long periods of time can sorta get old.
Also the image looks nice but is it a swamp or fog? =P
Having accounts would be really nice. I wish we had accounts for Classic iPhone as well. It would solve all the "I need to be transferred!" requests we get via email everyday.

Also, best of luck Tig. I hope to see more soon!
Old 01-04-2011, 07:42 AM
ω
Seeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Seeya
In my opinion, you could just do it as it is on PC for battle mode, if they want to be in battle mode and take the risk of being PK'd by someone on PC, that's their choice.

Old 01-04-2011, 07:35 PM
Era Manager
DuBsTeRmAn is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to DuBsTeRmAn
That looks better than the original gk if you ask meh
Old 01-04-2011, 08:01 PM
(⌒▽⌒)
joel34 is on a distinguished road
You're making me buy an Iphone. But i won't.
Old 01-06-2011, 01:06 AM
Da conq
Conqueror is a splendid one to beholdConqueror is a splendid one to beholdConqueror is a splendid one to beholdConqueror is a splendid one to behold
This Tig guy is a pretty cool cat. I hope that updated EC shop is included in this plan of yours sir.

Old 01-06-2011, 02:56 AM
ω
Seeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conqueror View Post
This Tig guy is a pretty cool cat. I hope that updated EC shop is included in this plan of yours sir.
Has a single item been added to the Event Shop since 07 or so? (no disrespect) I think we need to start adding and removing items, adding rares and values to items that people bought in the past. Actually somewhat stimulate the economy.

Old 01-06-2011, 03:56 AM
Zormite
BigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeya View Post
Has a single item been added to the Event Shop since 07 or so? (no disrespect)
Yes.
Old 01-06-2011, 05:22 AM
ω
What has? I haven't followed it well. again, not trying to disrespect, I'd just love to see the EC shop updated.

Tags
graal kingdoms, iphone, kingdoms iphone, preview