Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-13-2011, 05:29 AM
Zormite
BigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supaman771 View Post
I think what he means is they were the least-altered by the nerf. (As they were, along with Osiris Minigun (which was unchanged))
Regardless of the nerf; what he's saying is a huge contradiction. People want them because they are the best, yet they are not in demand.
Old 07-13-2011, 03:19 PM
Venom_Fish is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Venom_Fish
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bell View Post
"Prices and availability subject to change." Its a common sense practice going on in marketing for eons. You cannot guarantee that something will always be rare and expensive, just for the sake of a few people that wanted the best, first. Do you think the people that bought the first PC's or digital televisions were screwed cause they paid thousands for something you payed a few hundred for?

Resetting Era should be a last resort. While the idea of it sounds good in the beginning it normally causes more hate and discontent than restructuring what is already there and making a new path. No economy is ever perfect for very long so just make the best of what you have and try to move forward.
Your point looks shiney on-paper, but lets be practical.
In reality (since that's the basis for comparison), the price of an object doesn't just randomly fluctuate. The reason the price drops or changes is because its value changes due the market shifting.

For example, if an MP5 Navy is released in lets say 2002 (irl).
The weapon is revolutionary due to its rapid-fire and close-quarters capabilities.
Its initially priced highly.
Its value would depreciate by 2012 because by 2012, they'd have released an MP5 Navy SEALs Kick-Ass Explosive Shot Kaboom Bullets Woohoo.

Which would virtually be better than the one released in 2012 in every way.
Alongside the multiple improvements by competition and etc along the way.

However, marketers keep in mind the affordability of an item (Era's Market Affordability, amongst other things, is much different). Therefore, the original Mp5 Navy would've been depreciating due to (competition's improvements as well as its mass-availability) and the new Mp5 Navy would be granted a much higher price.

Hope this outlines it well,
You can't mimic the events of reality because these are two different elements and the mentality of the people is different.
People base their purchases on specific elements which do NOT change in the weapon.

Again, no one is saying a reset is the solution to all the problems.
A reset is way to successfully (favorably) implement the already conducted solutions.
Just because you reset, it doesn't solve your problems... not permanently.
However, if you know the measures needed to be taken to prevent said issues from occurring. The best approach is to reset and implement these measures. However, prior to a reset, everything must be in-place. All problems must be conceptually, developmentally, and etc; solved.

You can't prevent an event that already occurred.
Furthermore, solutions to certain events display more cons than pros if applied in the aftermath.
Therefore, a reset is a blasphemous thought. To be quite frank, a final one is overdue; not sure it should be carried out by Alfonso though... We can wait a few more managements for the right head.
"I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all." - Ecclesiastes 9:11
Old 07-14-2011, 09:21 AM
TheLinkMan2002 will become famous soon enough
its not that the people that own them wont sell them, its that if they do sell them they want straight mp5/souizen price being comparable to both. and the way i see it why should those players who barely spent anything to buy them in the first place because they were average guns get to become rich overnight, or in rambot's case even richer. and if everything was meant to stay balanced wouldnt these guns having .1 freeze make them auto translate to .15 instead of staying the same. dual p2ks, .1 freeze .25 firerate. same as the mp5. s6, 19 damage, .1 freeze .19 firerate i beleive or something similar. why those two guns if your argument is based of the rarity fact? when scar and tech9 are obviously much more rare if you are looking at it in that aspect
Old 07-14-2011, 03:02 PM
Stay Frosty
WillaWonka will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLinkMan2002 View Post
its not that the people that own them wont sell them, its that if they do sell them they want straight mp5/souizen price being comparable to both. and the way i see it why should those players who barely spent anything to buy them in the first place because they were average guns get to become rich overnight, or in rambot's case even richer. and if everything was meant to stay balanced wouldnt these guns having .1 freeze make them auto translate to .15 instead of staying the same. dual p2ks, .1 freeze .25 firerate. same as the mp5. s6, 19 damage, .1 freeze .19 firerate i beleive or something similar. why those two guns if your argument is based of the rarity fact? when scar and tech9 are obviously much more rare if you are looking at it in that aspect
Cause wil sawl doesnt wanna be beat if there are guns better then his shinay mp5.
Old 07-14-2011, 06:35 PM
Posting The Truth
Supaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Basically you're saying your gun should be the best and worth millions because (the only reason you can muster) it's rare.
Sad fact is, Tech9 sucked pre-nerf... it was changed about the same as any other gun (mp5, s6, etc)... those guns were just better pre-nerf.
P2k was nerfed lightly because they were sub-par for their rarity and price pre-nerf. And again, they're not worth millions.

This is like when SMGPK got buffed.. I traded mine for a SG552 the night before and the next day it was worth 1m. I got over it.

**Not to mention another Tech9 is going to be auctioned tomorrow, so get your tissues for when all your current offers fall through and get passed to whoever buys the second one.

Last edited by Supaman771; 07-14-2011 at 06:40 PM.. Reason: 666th post :3
Old 07-15-2011, 10:59 AM
Quote:
i have tech9 one of the rarest guns in the game and no one took that into account with the stats..
Gosh, are you still going on?
You lost this argument to me personally, when I was Admin.
What more do you have to do?

Egh,
Every weapon was altered based on MULTIPLE FACTORS.
To be quite frank, rarity was one of the weakest factors that came into play.
Factors included: Reknown, Regarded Price (As to not affect the public market TOO drastically), Previous-Stat, TIER (Most contributing factor), Individuality (Second Most Contributing Factor), A bunch of other stuff.... Rarity.

Prior to the rebalancing, the Panther P2K was worlds ahead of the Tec9 in almost EVERY one of these factors. My primary object was to set distinction between weapons and de-lamify them. There was nothing to be de-lamified about the Panther P2K besides its clip and a few other things.

As far as distinction goes (one of the top supporting factors for P2Ks stats),
It was the ONLY Tier 3 20-Damage Dual Handguns.
Therefore, it granted me the opportunity to use it as a BASIS for future handguns, whether tier 1, 2 or 3.
It now set precedence and a LIMIT or an idea of a LIMIT for future weapons in this respect.

My deepest quarrel is the lack of dual handguns in the tier 2 and 3 brackets, so call it a soft spot.

(Note to Willa again: I don't own a P2K) ::rollseyes::

As far as the S6 goes, it REALLY got lucky.
Its stat was necessary to change due its relativity to the Ove and Tommy.
The Ove and Tommy were balanced in very distinct respect of each other.
However, I needed a Trinity to complete such a balance.
The only weapon with factors that could closely justify its fitting in this Trinity was the S6. Therefore, I altered its facet, completely.

The Tec-9 was not greatly-reknowned.
Its regarded price was not great.
Its previous stat was not great.
Its Tier is not great.
Its rarity is great.
Its distinction or potential distinction is not great (unless the damage is decreased by 3-4, which I seriously DOUBT you want.)
And you're telling me I should impact ALL those other factors JUST because of one minor one?
Get real.

You're the same individual who told me you love the Tec-9.
Whats the matter now? You get your butt whoped a couple of times?
Yeah, that'll happen no matter what gun you get.
Suck it up, and do as they say, "learn2pk".
"I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all." - Ecclesiastes 9:11
Old 07-15-2011, 09:01 PM
this has nothing to do with the tech9 or the scar anymore, i own neither. the argument is more for s6 and p2ks which are now on par with mp5.... for no reason. that's been my argument from the start, it has nothing to do with the fact that i owned tech9 i was using it as a basis for my argument. and like you said tech9 sucked pre nerf, well so did s6 and p2ks. what im simply stating is that these guns are now godly(ive used both) and if your argument is that the reason that they needed to be better because they werent on par with their rarity then why be better than the scar which is a better argument point. scar was better than both of these guns to begin with and is also much more rare and now both guns are better than scar. basically it makes no sense to change these guns the way they were changed. they should have stayed where they were at. and this is directed more towards rogue, atleast your counter argument made sense wil but i still believe a better approach would have been to release other weapons to fill those spots.
Old 07-15-2011, 09:18 PM
hunterhunk is on a distinguished road
Quote:
this has nothing to do with the tech9 or the scar anymore, i own neither. the argument is more for s6 and p2ks which are now on par with mp5.... for no reason. that's been my argument from the start, it has nothing to do with the fact that i owned tech9 i was using it as a basis for my argument. and like you said tech9 sucked pre nerf, well so did s6 and p2ks. what im simply stating is that these guns are now godly(ive used both) and if your argument is that the reason that they needed to be better because they werent on par with their rarity then why be better than the scar which is a better argument point. scar was better than both of these guns to begin with and is also much more rare and now both guns are better than scar. basically it makes no sense to change these guns the way they were changed. they should have stayed where they were at. and this is directed more towards rogue, atleast your counter argument made sense wil but i still believe a better approach would have been to release other weapons to fill those spots.

You're seriously going to tell me p2ks sucked pre-nerf? hahahah don't make me laugh I promise I could've wiped you with p2ks and you could have used any gun. P2ks were extremely good IF USED CORRECTLY which none of the Era players really understand how to use them.

The guns are fine the way they are, they are in their correct tiers and the stats are fine.
Old 07-15-2011, 09:50 PM
its not that they exactly "sucked" but they werent nearly as beastly as they are now with everything else being nerfed
Old 07-15-2011, 10:48 PM
Zormite
BigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom_Fish View Post
::rollseyes::
Old 07-15-2011, 10:54 PM
UnKnown Confusion
Vman13x can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterhunk View Post
You're seriously going to tell me p2ks sucked pre-nerf? hahahah don't make me laugh I promise I could've wiped you with p2ks and you could have used any gun. P2ks were extremely good IF USED CORRECTLY which none of the Era players really understand how to use them.

The guns are fine the way they are, they are in their correct tiers and the stats are fine.
Haha I was to aware there was a certain way to correctly use a gun.
Old 07-16-2011, 12:13 AM
Nyte Magus
NightmareNight is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to NightmareNight
buying ferrari 250k pm me
Old 07-16-2011, 02:41 AM
Graal Developer
Rave_J can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to Rave_J Send a message via MSN to Rave_J Send a message via Yahoo to Rave_J
Heres a sulition
umm destory the trade system reopen the mall
and no drop trading or cant drop trade at all
u can just sell ur crap to other others at the mall
Old 07-16-2011, 04:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rave_J View Post
Heres a sulition
umm destory the trade system reopen the mall
and no drop trading or cant drop trade at all
u can just sell ur crap to other others at the mall
huge issue with that is no one has cash, even less now since they just cleaned out more of it with the auction. people only have items to trade for other items that have a designated value.
Old 07-16-2011, 06:46 AM
Quote:
.... Do you know how to read?
Rarity was one of the lowest contributing factors.
Ugh,
Re-read my initial response as many times as it takes, and it'll be a sufficient rebuddle for your first post as well as this one.
I really don't feel like repeating myself.