Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-27-2011, 09:52 PM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon551 View Post
Yes, it is possible, we're using one with the practice rooms in the Comic Club (If it's still open o.o).
Not saying it'd be an issue but I really don't see a point in doing so when we can just fix the current rooms for players. Although, I do kind of like the idea of private rooms... Hrmm
Comic Club isn't actually generating levels, it just has a bunch of levels which have been pre-generated. Use this if you're looking to make private rooms. It should be about five lines of code if you use that to handle the dirty stuff (there's an old version of it already on Era which was controlling the half-done starting guide, but you'll want to use the new one unless you like memory leaks).
Old 06-28-2011, 07:12 AM
Still wasting time here?
Scoper is a glorious beacon of lightScoper is a glorious beacon of lightScoper is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Scoper
We could all just grow up, and stop stealing each other's rocks..

Why don't you just make a mine where you have 20 or so rock rooms, and in front of each, you have some sort of turnstile. The first player to enter the room becomes the room owner, and is the only non-staff player who can enter.

Furthermore, you could have additional security in place, such as
a timer that kicks people who idle for too long, to prevent monopolozing the rooms.
Perhaps a one-hour time limit that kicks you out when it's up, with a 5 or so minute cooldown, again to prevent monopolozing the rooms.

I have never, in all my time playing era, seen more than 10 people mining at once if you dont include businesses, so 20 rooms would accomodate for any fluctuations..

"I don't believe that right choice confers immunity. I no longer believe in reward. I simply believe that choices must be made regardless of their chances of success. And so I've come here."
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodykiller View Post
take my liver but not my classic accounts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohola_KinG View Post
That's the type of guy you are. Never wrong, always right. Headache material you are.
Old 06-28-2011, 07:25 AM
UnKnown Confusion
Vman13x can only hope to improve
I wouldn't want the rooms to be only one person because mining is boring and it's a lot easier when you get a friend with a mining level of like 28 to help you
Old 06-28-2011, 08:39 AM
Still wasting time here?
Scoper is a glorious beacon of lightScoper is a glorious beacon of lightScoper is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Scoper
add an :allow system. just copypasting scripts by that point

"I don't believe that right choice confers immunity. I no longer believe in reward. I simply believe that choices must be made regardless of their chances of success. And so I've come here."
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodykiller View Post
take my liver but not my classic accounts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohola_KinG View Post
That's the type of guy you are. Never wrong, always right. Headache material you are.
Old 06-28-2011, 08:56 AM
The Muffin Man
Tricxta is a jewel in the roughTricxta is a jewel in the rough
Could have a party system so you can still mine with your friends :0 or... even have it run off guilds although im not sure how guilds are handled due my frustration previously playing era lol.

It's genius.
Old 06-28-2011, 03:48 PM
Stay Frosty
WillaWonka will become famous soon enough
If so, we are going to have special Rock Police that patrol the site everyday, and get paid o.0
Old 06-28-2011, 04:58 PM
TheLinkMan2002 will become famous soon enough
not the foggies.... anything but the foggies!
Old 06-28-2011, 07:21 PM
Da conq
Conqueror is a splendid one to beholdConqueror is a splendid one to beholdConqueror is a splendid one to beholdConqueror is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by kia345 View Post
make foggies randomly spawn every few minerals to knock the miner back/sideways to prevent macroing. that was for you conq, these guys won't get it.

Loool, they wouldn't kno how to handle dem foggies!