Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Bomy Island Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-03-2006, 07:31 PM
Cult of the Winky
Amagius is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malinko
Most GraalOnline players will go to a new world and check it out, if it's not liked, go back to the previous world played. Then the new world will release new stuff, which might be quite awesome, but no one will bother to come back and check it out because their attention wasn't focused on it before, so what makes them think it'll be worth it again?
That is even worse for Graal Bomy Lands, as it is much more time intensive than the average servers [to find the best parts].
Old 03-04-2006, 03:37 AM
oldbie
brock128 is on a distinguished road
In my defense i've been very busy so maybe everyone left with me?
Old 03-04-2006, 04:48 AM
Banned
KuJi will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to KuJi Send a message via AIM to KuJi Send a message via MSN to KuJi Send a message via Yahoo to KuJi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan
It's quite hard to keep the player count up, many servers are fighting for the players, e.g. on Kingdoms we had more updates in the last two months than in the two whole years before that. It just means keep up the good work and keep people interested
Dude, you need to destroy these servers to keep a high pcount (of around 200-400):

Remove:
- All Servers

Add:
- Graal2001 (Gold)
- Elven Lands (Classic)
- Zone (Classic)
- EL Debug (Private - Hidden)
- Graal2001 Dev (Private - Hidden)

Thx :-)
Old 03-04-2006, 10:58 AM
Master Tux
WanDaMan is a jewel in the roughWanDaMan is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to WanDaMan
UN hasn't had any updates in months thus your updates theory is bull poop
Old 03-04-2006, 03:38 PM
Inferno (Level Designer)
Infernix is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Infernix
UN has players simply because they still do have a lot of content that players still dont have. Not only that, players wanna play where other players are. Now G2k1....rofl I walked out 30min and didnt find anything interesting. First thing I massed there was the obvious fact that you failed and even slightly throw the player into the game or try to impress the player with somthing (From the point where you log on that is). So mainly you have a bunch of players wondering a world from the start looking for stuff.

Graal developers need to think more professionally when they create their playerworlds.
Im tired of all this "O we were classic with 70players or so before so were obviously gonna do good again". Play some of the best 2d games like Zelda,Scecret of Mana, Crono Trigger etc. Write down everything that made the game fun from start to finish. Then do the same thing with bad 2d games and write down what was bad from start to finish.

Zz But this is just my theory that I just wanted to share.
Old 03-04-2006, 05:32 PM
Cult of the Winky
Amagius is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infernix
UN has players simply because they still do have a lot of content that players still dont have. Not only that, players wanna play where other players are. Now G2k1....rofl I walked out 30min and didnt find anything interesting. First thing I massed there was the obvious fact that you failed and even slightly throw the player into the game or try to impress the player with somthing (From the point where you log on that is). So mainly you have a bunch of players wondering a world from the start looking for stuff.

Graal developers need to think more professionally when they create their playerworlds.
Im tired of all this "O we were classic with 70players or so before so were obviously gonna do good again". Play some of the best 2d games like Zelda,Scecret of Mana, Crono Trigger etc. Write down everything that made the game fun from start to finish. Then do the same thing with bad 2d games and write down what was bad from start to finish.

Zz But this is just my theory that I just wanted to share.
I agree that it needs direction, but you shouldn't base a MMORPG's niches on Crono Trigger or Zelda.
Old 03-05-2006, 02:40 AM
*TUCH U SO HARD*
LOA--Paul will become famous soon enough
I never really played 2k1 before, always classic, so I decided to give it a whirl when it came out!

I do not read the forums or anything but from reading I guess there was a big push on the guys making it to release it public ASAP, etc. Well, bad idea. The forums are kind of a secluded group of folks from the population of all players. I jumped on the server and was pretty confused. There's not very good explanations of what to do or how to go about things. Nothing is coherent.

I learned how to do everything from players but that's because I knew people who I could get to help me. Massing didn't help, had to wait for friends.

New players are screwed.

So I made some money, joined a kingdom to RP. But none of the kingoms levels are even ready. I'm in Malenth, ready to participate to the fullest, but there's nothing even ready and no events to participate in. Have RPd some within our little group but that's it.

There's absolutely nothing to do. It's not fun to just press D for hours or hold down the key. That's actually fairly retarded. It's okay to have that for making money, but when making money is all there is to do, the server isn't ready in the least.

Awesome level development, layout, and overall design. Horrible execution thus far. I don't give the server a good rating IMO, just impressed by the craftmanship is all.

Please wait until it's REALLY ready to release. I can fully see why no one stayed, only the ones on the forums which isn't enough at all for a server to run full time.

edit: I realize that might have come across really negatively. The server is great overall for what IS completed. That's not what the problem is. What's done so far is A+ work. My issue with it, is that it feels as if it's not completed when I play. I just can't find enough things to do. And the lack of guidance for new players.

Last edited by LOA--Paul; 03-05-2006 at 03:00 AM..
Old 03-05-2006, 03:08 AM
The Driftwood of Graal
GryffonDurime is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to GryffonDurime
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOA--Paul
I never really played 2k1 before, always classic, so I decided to give it a whirl when it came out!

I do not read the forums or anything but from reading I guess there was a big push on the guys making it to release it public ASAP, etc. Well, bad idea. The forums are kind of a secluded group of folks from the population of all ...players...

Please wait until it's REALLY ready to release.
We didn't release it unfinished because of public demand.

We released it unfinished because Stefan demanded it.

Fairly large difference.
Old 03-05-2006, 03:22 AM
*TUCH U SO HARD*
LOA--Paul will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by GryffonDurime
We didn't release it unfinished because of public demand.

We released it unfinished because Stefan demanded it.

Fairly large difference.
Ah. Still I don't understand why Stefan would demand it be released unfinished? That only hurts his own business.
Old 03-05-2006, 03:29 AM
The Driftwood of Graal
GryffonDurime is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to GryffonDurime
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOA--Paul
Ah. Still I don't understand why Stefan would demand it be released unfinished? That only hurts his own business.
Kicker is- we don't either.
Old 03-05-2006, 05:02 AM
Former PW Admin
Matman58 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to Matman58 Send a message via AIM to Matman58 Send a message via Yahoo to Matman58
I love G2k1 and personally I will play it if it only has a player count of 10 or so. I don't care. Though if the server goes private again and resets again I will prolly quit graal. Especially since I have done a lot of hard work to get where I am on the server with my diamond axe and gold hammer etc. Hopefully there won't be a reset again or go private. If so I am done. Also note I hate Kingdoms. To boring for me. Just thought I would give my opinion. Well hopefully the player count will return.
Old 03-05-2006, 06:12 AM
That one guy!
zim5354 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Send a message via AIM to zim5354
....6 people now..... at 10:13 cent...wtf?!?
Old 03-05-2006, 06:35 AM
Thrashsoul3 is an unknown quantity at this point
I think the whole concept of "releasing 2K1" was pointless. We waited 4 years for what? Honestly it makes no sense how excited you people are about the release of 2K1. How about stop reviving old servers and think of something new? Create a new idea once in a while , make a tileset every 4 years hmm hmm?
Old 03-05-2006, 06:45 AM
Proletariat
Kuza is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Kuza Send a message via Yahoo to Kuza
Unfortunately, history has a funny way of repeating itself.
Old 03-05-2006, 07:29 AM
Banned
KuJi will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to KuJi Send a message via AIM to KuJi Send a message via MSN to KuJi Send a message via Yahoo to KuJi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrashsoul3
I think the whole concept of "releasing 2K1" was pointless. We waited 4 years for what? Honestly it makes no sense how excited you people are about the release of 2K1. How about stop reviving old servers and think of something new? Create a new idea once in a while , make a tileset every 4 years hmm hmm?
.. Thrash, delete this thread or i'll murder you next tiem your on aim.

This is my server, and if I owned it, I gurantee we would not run into any of these dumb problems that Lance has. I would gurantee their would be something called 'STAFF' on my server, and I wouldn't hire back the old people who ran it while it 'CRASHED'.

Dumby?

Lance <-- Haven't seen you on yet..I got 90 hrs already.
CheeToS <-- Active Staff..or was