Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Graal Kingdoms > GK Suggestions
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 12-01-2008, 01:39 AM
GP Asst. Admin
FenixTheBanished is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to FenixTheBanished

I was wondering if it could be scripted where when you cast summon avatar you would actually become the avatar and move like a normal person and all the same AC/WC/Resists/HP/etc apply but you can swing on your own. This would eliminate how hard avatars are to control and make it so that using wisdom would be much more applicable in map scenarios.
Old 12-01-2008, 02:48 AM
Global News Team
Gothika is a splendid one to beholdGothika is a splendid one to beholdGothika is a splendid one to beholdGothika is a splendid one to beholdGothika is a splendid one to behold
Did you bring this up last year? Or was it someone else?
Either way, nice idea.

Old 12-01-2008, 03:13 AM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Perhaps leave your actual character behind, so you can still take damage or be knocked out of the possession.
Old 12-01-2008, 09:21 PM
Butterscotch Pudding
shrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to behold
So my idea my Fenix. =[ And I posted it like 2 years ago.
Old 12-01-2008, 09:30 PM
Ideas on Fire
Soala is a jewel in the roughSoala is a jewel in the rough
Would be fun.
Old 12-01-2008, 09:47 PM
Butterscotch Pudding
shrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to behold
Yes, it would make Avatar a little more useful as opposed to being on a fixed grid which sucks for maps.
Old 12-21-2008, 10:07 PM
Ziro_of_the_Turks will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by kia345 View Post
Perhaps leave your actual character behind, so you can still take damage or be knocked out of the possession.
I don't like this idea, but I also don't like the current control system either.
I suppose I like your idea as much as the current system though. Maybe you should be able to toggle this. Or have it so something like shift+arrows moves the avatar, while arrows alone move your character. Or a whole different set of keys so you can move the avatar while you move your player in a completely different way.

Edit: I just read Fenix's first post. I like that idea too. Like some kind of transformation spell. But I still like the idea of being able to have an avatar + your character attack the enemy at the same time. Maybe have a feature where the avatar can attack and move via an AI system. Again, perhaps something you can turn on/off.

Sorry to get off topic from your idea, Fenix, but to sum up my point; I like your idea, but I think there's many other systems that would work just as well. Let's explore all options first ^.^
Old 12-22-2008, 03:04 AM
Magnificent Bastard
Draenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Draenin Send a message via MSN to Draenin Send a message via Yahoo to Draenin
Actually having holy servants would rock too. Or else just remove that spell. It's useless, really.
Old 01-02-2009, 08:28 PM
Mr. Rayleigh
MajinDragon is a glorious beacon of lightMajinDragon is a glorious beacon of lightMajinDragon is a glorious beacon of light
I think avatars should act like sort of 'pet' (not to feed and stuff but by how you can operate it). What i mean is, while idling, it followers the summoner, who can choose to send it to attack by mouse click, like you would do when targetting with your wand. And since you cannot cast with an avatar summoned (as it will destroy the avatar) i suggest a different colored target, like a blue/purple one.

Anything targetted, the avatar will simply attack that object, or move toward it.

Also, avatars are pretty weak if you consider they are actually like a representative of your god, not saying they shud be hella strong instantly but wis level should play a big role in how strong your avatar is, so that they can actually be used in battle, like in wars.
Old 01-02-2009, 08:30 PM
Gov'nah
Zeltino will become famous soon enough
I like Ziro's and Drae's Ideas.

It would make Avatars MUCH more useful, and more fun to control, having an "ally" fight alongside of you. Either by manually controlling it, or having it attack the enemy you have targetted, both would work and both would be really cool. The current way the avatar moves and attack isn't great for the way GK is - i.e. In Maps or on the Overworld.

I also like Majin's idea of the Avatar being stronger (More HP, Faster, Stronger, etc) in relation to your Wisdom level.

Last edited by Zeltino; 01-02-2009 at 10:29 PM..
Old 01-03-2009, 03:58 PM
Shamed Zorbi
CABAL49 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to CABAL49
Quote:
Originally Posted by MajinDragon View Post

Also, avatars are pretty weak if you consider they are actually like a representative of your god, not saying they shud be hella strong instantly but wis level should play a big role in how strong your avatar is, so that they can actually be used in battle, like in wars.
With the current system in place you wouldn't be able to use them in battle, since Summon Avatar is a standard prayer for prayer users it would make a lot of sense for them to be used in combat.
What logical reason is there to implement your view of right/wrong?
Old 01-10-2009, 07:05 PM
The face of the Earth.
Vincent3313 is on a distinguished road
I don't like the current system, but I don't like this idea either, It would mean that you can't move your guy and if it has the same stats as your guy then what would be the point of using it? I think you should be able to control Avatar with your mouse, you click the area and he goes there. You right click someone it attacks.
Old 01-10-2009, 07:09 PM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by MajinDragon View Post
I think avatars should act like sort of 'pet' (not to feed and stuff but by how you can operate it). What i mean is, while idling, it followers the summoner, who can choose to send it to attack by mouse click, like you would do when targetting with your wand. And since you cannot cast with an avatar summoned (as it will destroy the avatar) i suggest a different colored target, like a blue/purple one.

Anything targetted, the avatar will simply attack that object, or move toward it.

I like this. Commanding the avatar like an RTS. It could be helpful in low level parties too. Right click somewhere and the avatar runs there. Right click someone and get a dropdown menu. Select attack. Or maybe select follow and have it follow a party member to help them fight enemies.
Old 01-11-2009, 09:36 PM
Mr. Rayleigh
MajinDragon is a glorious beacon of lightMajinDragon is a glorious beacon of lightMajinDragon is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by kia345 View Post
I like this. Commanding the avatar like an RTS. It could be helpful in low level parties too. Right click somewhere and the avatar runs there. Right click someone and get a dropdown menu. Select attack. Or maybe select follow and have it follow a party member to help them fight enemies.
Glad someone likes the idea
A dropdown menu would be awesome to have aswell, but i dunno if it'll be needed, since if their in your party or in pmode, the avatar cannot attack them and so clicking (to attack) would act as a follow. Worried a drop down menu would be a feature not needed.