Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > PlayerWorlds Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 04-29-2007, 05:47 PM
Salvatore Falcone
RaidTheSpade will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to RaidTheSpade
Astragalus (Pirate)

Its been around 2 or 3 years since the last time me and Zeus made a server, and that would be Zodiac. Now we have decided its time to once again introduce another.

Zeus has posted a thread talking about the idea for a pirate server, and it got a lot of positive feedback, so we're gonna go for it.

We are currently in need of a tileset, and are hiring in all dev positions besides LAT.

If you are interested, please go to Playerworld111, or Astragalus if that doesn't work because the name might have been changed.

We will be hiring LATs as soon as we get a tileset, but until then right now we are looking for NATs, GATs, Developers, and Gani Team.

Also, no non dev staff please.

We got some systems completed in the short given time, but we are in desperate need of a tileset.

Please, if you are interested in helping, go to Playerworld111 or Astragalus and pm me or Zeus. Thank you -RaidTheSpade
Old 04-29-2007, 08:06 PM
Registered Omega
killerogue is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to killerogue Send a message via MSN to killerogue
Everyone makes the mistake of being desperately in need of everything. Dude, take your time. You're better of getting it finished in a year than failing in 6 months.

Why not just relax a bit, try to teach yourself some dev ( Unless you already know some? ) and work on things a bit by yourself. It won't get done overnight.

REMEMBER, IF YOU REP ME, LEAVE A NAME!

Quote:
Originally Posted by haunter View Post
Graal admins don't die. They go to hell and regroup.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inverness View Post
Without scripters, your graphics and levels wouldn't do anything but sit there and look pretty.
Old 04-29-2007, 08:32 PM
Salvatore Falcone
RaidTheSpade will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to RaidTheSpade
Sorry I shouldn't have used desperate. But basically thats what we need until we can move forward. We already some basic things like Tailor, event warpers, ec, health bar, GUI, stuff like that.
Old 04-29-2007, 09:16 PM
Registered Omega
That's the first thing. Things like that shouldn't be your first priority, in fact they don't even belong on a server with the style you're going for unless you're NOT going for a REALLY strong pirate theme.

I don't believe the idea could make a decent PW or last long anyhow. But do as you will.

Quote:
Quote:
Without scripters, your graphics and levels wouldn't do anything but sit there and look pretty.
Old 04-30-2007, 12:53 AM
Prince
MysticX2X will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by killerogue View Post
That's the first thing. Things like that shouldn't be your first priority, in fact they don't even belong on a server with the style you're going for unless you're NOT going for a REALLY strong pirate theme.

I don't believe the idea could make a decent PW or last long anyhow. But do as you will.
About your whole post was pessimistic. And wtf, guis and healthbars fit any type of server.

Anyways, a pirate server would be quite intresting to see raid. Some nice ideas could actually make it fun.

former acc: mystic2k

RIP Matt (NBK)
Old 04-30-2007, 01:31 AM
Registered Omega
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticX2X View Post
About your whole post was pessimistic.

You have no grounds to say anything I say is negative after the things you've said to me for no reason at all. And no I will never forget or forgive those either.

So don't worry about what I'm doing, I'm giving my opinion and trying to give some advice as well. So shut the hell up and mind your own.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-30-2007, 03:02 AM
That one guy...
zokemon is a jewel in the roughzokemon is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via ICQ to zokemon Send a message via AIM to zokemon Send a message via MSN to zokemon Send a message via Yahoo to zokemon
Quote:
About your whole post was pessimistic. And wtf, guis and healthbars fit any type of server.

Anyways, a pirate server would be quite intresting to see raid. Some nice ideas could actually make it fun.
It wasn't really pessimistic and he is totally right...
If you guys (directed at the topic poster) want to make a decent server, things like tailor, event warpers and ec are rather unneccissarry to fulfill the "pirate theme". Your main focus script wise first off should be to make a solid basis of system framework in which all other systems and safely coordinate with in a nice friendly and effecient harmony. Tailor systems, event warpers and ec are nice and all but almost every single private server out there has them. They won't really make you unique :P
Old 04-30-2007, 03:51 AM
Zeus Condero
papajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to behold
yeah its basically for something people to do atm. I got a boat script made but i cant get the boat to really move. I have it already where you walk on it and i just need to add directions and such.

We are also in dire need of of scripters to help. Until then we can only get these type of things done in the scripting area

Last edited by papajchris; 04-30-2007 at 04:07 AM.. Reason: :)
Old 04-30-2007, 04:12 AM
Prince
MysticX2X will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by zokemon View Post
It wasn't really pessimistic and he is totally right...
If you guys (directed at the topic poster) want to make a decent server, things like tailor, event warpers and ec are rather unneccissarry to fulfill the "pirate theme". Your main focus script wise first off should be to make a solid basis of system framework in which all other systems and safely coordinate with in a nice friendly and effecient harmony. Tailor systems, event warpers and ec are nice and all but almost every single private server out there has them. They won't really make you unique :P
Yeah...especially when he said their idea wasn't decent and wouldn't last long. And i was just criticising the way he gave no positive input.

And i think a tailor suits a pirate theme and so does event warper sort of. I guess they aren't necessarily first priority though. So what if alot of servers have em, it's the events that has to be unique.

And Stan, please chill out.

former acc: mystic2k

RIP Matt (NBK)

Last edited by MysticX2X; 04-30-2007 at 04:40 AM..
Old 04-30-2007, 12:17 PM
That one guy...
zokemon is a jewel in the roughzokemon is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via ICQ to zokemon Send a message via AIM to zokemon Send a message via MSN to zokemon Send a message via Yahoo to zokemon
Quote:
Yeah...especially when he said their idea wasn't decent and wouldn't last long. And i was just criticising the way he gave no positive input.

And i think a tailor suits a pirate theme and so does event warper sort of. I guess they aren't necessarily first priority though. So what if alot of servers have em, it's the events that has to be unique.

And Stan, please chill out.
Ahh, I see your point.
Old 04-30-2007, 05:33 PM
Enigma
Andy0687 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by killerogue View Post
Everyone makes the mistake of being desperately in need of everything. Dude, take your time. You're better of getting it finished in a year than failing in 6 months.
Do you not know who these two guys are?

They can be in desperate need of anything, and eventually its probably going to work. They have a pretty good job at sticking with their projects even when they are in low points.

Just off their dedication and work styles alone I would try to help out if I had a gold account, unfortunatly I dont, so all I can say is best of luck.
Old 04-30-2007, 08:39 PM
Banned
oinknessx is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to oinknessx
If you've got battleships fighting each other with cannons, I'm there. If it doesn't stink.
Old 05-01-2007, 12:08 AM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
I call it.... SS Goku!
Old 05-01-2007, 03:30 AM
Zeus Condero
papajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to behold
yeah zodiac was dead a couple of times and i never stopped working
I started the server without even knowing what a rc is.... (Stupid Me) Luckily i got a staff team who knew some stuff and eventually made it what we got today
Old 05-01-2007, 11:18 AM
Criminal X
PrinceDark will become famous soon enough
ohhh yeah. Battle Ship. Theres a mini-game ... I don't know why I never attempted to script it instead of that sorry ass pacman game I made. You guys should implement it somehow so players can play each other. Would be fun!