Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Bomy Island Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 11-22-2002, 09:45 AM
SaitoHajime is on a distinguished road
Regarding 2k1's current status.

Let's reset hats and money and etc. Make people start over. Make some new quests. Make some new events.

Why do I say a reset? Because it will make everything even. Plus, it's not like people will quit because of a reset - those that would, already have.

Doing that will make people come back, I think.

It's just...we have to do SOMETHING, because the lack of attention/activity is not helping at all, but instead hurting things.

The thing is, to keep people, we have to pay a lot of attention to it, and have frequent updates. If we don't do this, then people will come, do the new thing, and leave until another new thing comes again month(s) later.

I'll start working on a quest or an event. Haven't decided which one to make first.

Anyhow, I see a few things that need to be done. Jeff talks about "bringing back the golden age." Instead of that, we should be focused on something like "bringing about a NEW golden age". We can take some inspiration from the past, but as much as we'd like to relive it, it wont' happen.

Thing 1: We need to rearrange many items on the overworld. It's too crowded - Not a lot of room for new things.

Thing 2: Remove the half-finished projects that were never completed from the overworld. It looks horrible.

Thing 3: Develop new quests and events. With a cleaner overworld, we'll have places to put things.

Thing 4: Staff need to be more active. This includes me. I will be the first to admit I haven't been on as much lately as I was before. However, I'm going to start being online more, and being more active.

Thing 5: Once we gain more players, we need to work to keep them. This means continue the activity, release something new at least semi-frequently.

If we can accomplish these 5 things, the sleeping dragon that is Graal2k1 shall awaken, and perhaps even with a vengeance!

Oh, and we need to Change. The. Name.

Old 11-22-2002, 10:27 AM
More often known as Karsh
Dude6252000 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Dude6252000
I agree with all of that..And for thing 4, I agree too, I've been being inactive not only from techical problems, but boredom. :|

http://www.livejournal.com/users/karsheth/
Old 11-22-2002, 12:02 PM
what up
ZanderX is a glorious beacon of lightZanderX is a glorious beacon of lightZanderX is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Regarding 2k1's current status.

Quote:
Originally posted by SaitoHajime
Let's reset hats and money and etc. Make people start over. Make some new quests. Make some new events.
K. Sure. Feel free to manually reset every account and go through and reset every flag on the server, etc.

Quote:

Why do I say a reset? Because it will make everything even. Plus, it's not like people will quit because of a reset - those that would, already have.
Logical.

Quote:
Doing that will make people come back, I think.

It's just...we have to do SOMETHING, because the lack of attention/activity is not helping at all, but instead hurting things.
Sure, we can do things. I don't see any problem with that.

Quote:
The thing is, to keep people, we have to pay a lot of attention to it, and have frequent updates. If we don't do this, then people will come, do the new thing, and leave until another new thing comes again month(s) later.

I'll start working on a quest or an event. Haven't decided which one to make first.
Roger, Millhouse.

Quote:
Anyhow, I see a few things that need to be done. Jeff talks about "bringing back the golden age." Instead of that, we should be focused on something like "bringing about a NEW golden age". We can take some inspiration from the past, but as much as we'd like to relive it, it wont' happen.
We can't make a new one either.

Quote:
Thing 1: We need to rearrange many items on the overworld. It's too crowded - Not a lot of room for new things.

Thing 2: Remove the half-finished projects that were never completed from the overworld. It looks horrible.
Then there's even less.

Quote:
Thing 3: Develop new quests and events. With a cleaner overworld, we'll have places to put things.

Thing 4: Staff need to be more active. This includes me. I will be the first to admit I haven't been on as much lately as I was before. However, I'm going to start being online more, and being more active.
Activity in staff doesn't mean much. We had staff active all the time in the past and it didn't do anything to stem 2k1's downfall. Oh, and about the quests and events, by all means. Feel free.

Quote:
Thing 5: Once we gain more players, we need to work to keep them. This means continue the activity, release something new at least semi-frequently.

If we can accomplish these 5 things, the sleeping dragon that is Graal2k1 shall awaken, and perhaps even with a vengeance!
It won't.

Quote:
Oh, and we need to Change. The. Name.
I hate to break your heart, darlin', but that can't be done.
Old 11-22-2002, 10:26 PM
SaitoHajime is on a distinguished road
We just can't give up on it...that's the thing. We have to TRY to do something, because the way we're doing it now isn't helping, either.

Old 11-22-2002, 10:44 PM
what up
ZanderX is a glorious beacon of lightZanderX is a glorious beacon of lightZanderX is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
We just can't give up on it...
Unixmad already has.
Old 11-22-2002, 11:50 PM
Com013 is on a distinguished road
You think the overworld is crowded?! You never played on Classic, did you?
I was impressed about how empty the Graal2001 overworld is. I wish the Classic overworld would be as organized. (But it will never be).
Account resets? I doubt that will solve it.
The only things I currently don't like on Graal2001 are the new bodies and the few players.
I am maybe the only one who dislikes the bodies and I think the few players are caused by Graal Kingdoms.

e-mail: [email protected]
Old 11-23-2002, 12:15 AM
A Serious Epidemic
Googi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Googi
Re: Re: Regarding 2k1's current status.

Quote:
Originally posted by ZanderX

snip
And you say that I express to much negativity about the server?
Old 11-23-2002, 03:18 AM
what up
Re: Re: Re: Regarding 2k1's current status.

Quote:
Originally posted by Googi

And you say that I express to much negativity about the server?
I've tried to be optimistic for too long. Koni and I are both of like minds on the 2k1 subject. |:
Old 11-23-2002, 03:55 AM
A Serious Epidemic
Googi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud of
Re: Re: Regarding 2k1's current status.

Quote:

K. Sure. Feel free to manually reset every account and go through and reset every flag on the server, etc.
*click on first name on the list*
*Shift+End*
Right-Click
Reset

Well, I've never used RC, but I imagine that such a reset tool would be similar to the playerlist.
Old 11-23-2002, 04:10 AM
what up
Re: Re: Re: Regarding 2k1's current status.

Quote:

*click on first name on the list*
*Shift+End*
Right-Click
Reset

Well, I've never used RC, but I imagine that such a reset tool would be similar to the playerlist.
There is no "list".

If you're referring to the accounts-db, you can't shift-anything it. It has to be done one by one.
Old 11-23-2002, 04:16 AM
Registered
--Chris-- will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to --Chris--
i agree with tseng

Old 11-23-2002, 04:17 AM
A Serious Epidemic
Re: Re: Re: Re: Regarding 2k1's current status.

Quote:

There is no "list".

If you're referring to the accounts-db, you can't shift-anything it. It has to be done one by one.
Oh well, there probably isn't more then 10,000 accounts, and probably about 10 admins, that's 1000 accounts per admin, assuming that you can right-click to get a "reset" option in the accounts database, then it shouldn't take more then 2 seconds per account, so it would take less then 40 minutes to reset every account.
Old 11-23-2002, 04:18 AM
what up
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Regarding 2k1's current status.

Quote:

Oh well, there probably isn't more then 10,000 accounts, and probably about 10 admins, that's 1000 accounts per admin, assuming that you can right-click to get a "reset" option in the accounts database, then it shouldn't take more then 2 seconds per account, so it would take less then 40 minutes to reset every account.
No. You have to search for accounts, to begin with, and then I have to give all of the staff reset rights (if we were to do that) and then you'd go through, say "A", then you'd have to go and search for "B", and then "C", and then "D", etc.

It would take about 10 seconds an account, anyways, and no one is going to stick around long enough to rest 1000 accounts, else we would have done that on our own much sooner.
Old 11-23-2002, 04:20 AM
A Serious Epidemic
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Regarding 2k1's current status.

Quote:

No. You have to search for accounts, to begin with, and then I have to give all of the staff reset rights (if we were to do that) and then you'd go through, say "A", then you'd have to go and search for "B", and then "C", and then "D", etc.

It would take about 10 seconds an account, anyways, and no one is going to stick around long enough to rest 1000 accounts, else we would have done that on our own much sooner.
Umm...well, you could bring back ART for like, an hour.
Old 11-23-2002, 04:25 AM
what up
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Regarding 2k1's current status.

Quote:

Umm...well, you could bring back ART for like, an hour.
And hire who? Billy Crudup?