Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > Graphic Design
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-28-2004, 07:03 AM
EoA GFX Admin & Webmaster
KyleOdin is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to KyleOdin Send a message via AIM to KyleOdin Send a message via MSN to KyleOdin Send a message via Yahoo to KyleOdin
Cool KyleOdin's ImageReady 7 Export Guide

As most of you already know, I have been using both Photoshop and ImageReady for many years now and I thought I would write this guide to help people learn how to export graphics from your master Photoshop (*.psd) file. This is something that people tend to ask frequently about; so this guide goes out to all of those users you who have pestered me about ImageReady. One very common problem people tend to make with ImageReady, is that try to save their exported copy using the save feature, but that only makes a new Photoshop file which is not what you want to do and drives them crazy in the process.

I have no idea what format you want the exported graphic to be in, so I will show you how to export them as PNG files. This method is almost the exact same when exporting GIF files so I will talk about both at the same time and comment on areas where GIF files have a different setting that needs to be addressed. After the PNG/GIF export walkthrough, I will walk you through exporting JPEG files. Exporting JPEG files is much easier than the other two graphic formats; even though there is more steps listed in my JPEG Export Walkthrough.

Sprinkled throughout this guide are various tips and notes that address specific issues that I am talking about at the time; a few of the more general tips and info can be found before the walkthroughs.

Do to post length restrictions on the Graal forums; I cannot post the full version of my ImageReady guide on this forums. Instead of chopping it up and removing helpful advice and tips, I am giving you the links to the two places that already have my ImageReady guide posted on them

This is the third location that has information about the ImageReady Export guide that I made; the first copy is located on the Graphic Design section of the Babylon Forums as a reply to a user seeking ImageReady help and the other copy is location on the Graphic Design section of the End of Ages Forums. The Babylon Forums require you to login to view their forums; so if you do not have a forum account there, you can view a copy of the file on the End of Ages forums without registering.

I hope you find that the walkthrough and guide is useful to use whenever you need to make exported graphics. I have remembered many different tips and notes as well as gaining more insight while I was busy making both of them.

Any questions, comments, or suggestions to this guide are wanted and appreciated; try keeping the responses constructive though, since those are the only responses that are actually useful.

If there is enough user interest, I will post a copy of my Paint Shop Pro 8 Export Walkthrough. The PSP 8 Walkthrough is similar to my Photoshop 7 one, and I have used the basic tips and notes from that one when making this Photoshop one. Another thing I might consider is making a similar guide for the other popular graphic program Fireworks MX. In addition, I could make both walkthroughs as a website with text, graphics, and photos so it would be easier to follow. I could also have it compressed and downloadable so users could use them as a reference offline.

Always a friend to stray pixels,
- KyleOdinGFX

End of Ages Graphics Admin & Webmaster
EoA Website: http://www.eoa-graal.com

"Always a friend to stray pixels." - KyleOdin
"He, he used sarcasm sir." - Monty Python
"Frogblast the Ventcore!" - BOBs from the Marathon game trilogy

For bubble popping fun, be sure to visit Virtual Bubblewrap

Last edited by KyleOdin; 02-28-2004 at 09:57 AM..
Old 02-29-2004, 12:18 AM
:o
Mykel has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Mykel Send a message via MSN to Mykel
PM Zen, or a Super Mod, and have them add this to the tutorials thread.
Old 03-01-2004, 02:02 AM
LordZen is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to LordZen Send a message via AIM to LordZen Send a message via Yahoo to LordZen
No need, I found it on my own

Click the picture!

FYI: I've pretty much retired from this game as it stands. Yep..

Contact Info
AIM: xxwarlordzenxx (not used so much anymore)
MSN: warlordzen(a)hotmail.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott
I heard they were pregnant from the same father from a VERY reliable tabloid a couple years ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GryffonDurime
Etien, you are the best proof I have ever seen that the human gene pool has algee.
Old 03-09-2004, 09:08 PM
Alexander is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Alexander
I changed the Babylon forums, you can now view it without registering, registering didn't even require email verification

(EOA link doesn't seem to work)
Old 03-09-2004, 09:15 PM
Master Tux
WanDaMan is a jewel in the roughWanDaMan is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to WanDaMan
Quote:
Originally posted by Alexander
I changed the Babylon forums, you can now view it without registering, registering didn't even require email verification

(EOA link doesn't seem to work)
PM me babylon's forums. And it hasn't worked for a while, .
It's nice kyle, dosn't PSD save the layers or something?
Old 03-09-2004, 10:39 PM
haunter is on a distinguished road
IR 7? Old news
Old 03-11-2004, 02:02 AM
EoA GFX Admin & Webmaster
KyleOdin is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to KyleOdin Send a message via AIM to KyleOdin Send a message via MSN to KyleOdin Send a message via Yahoo to KyleOdin
I transferred the end of ages domain to another provider and that takes a while for the domain to get fully processed and added to the central internet registrar.

Haunter, I wrote the guide for the most common version of Photoshop that is out at the moment. Many of the graphic designers that I am know and work with, do not have such a compelling reason to go out and upgrade our versions to Photoshop CS. Most of the few new features are only handy in certain design environments like those working with raw digital tape inputs and dvd/hdtv editing.

The main workplace management software that is used as the compelling reason to upgrade to Photoshop CS, is not real useful in larger workgroups and is awkward to use. I have used that management software before it was integrated with Photoshop.

I write my guides or tutorials for whatever version of the graphic programs that the majority of users are working with. When more people use the latest version, I will start righting for those versions accordingly. Most of the information should be just fine when working with the latest version of ImageReady that comes with Photoshop CS.

End of Ages Graphics Admin & Webmaster
EoA Website: http://www.eoa-graal.com

"Always a friend to stray pixels." - KyleOdin
"He, he used sarcasm sir." - Monty Python
"Frogblast the Ventcore!" - BOBs from the Marathon game trilogy

For bubble popping fun, be sure to visit Virtual Bubblewrap