Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > PlayerWorlds Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 11-03-2009, 07:38 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demisis_P2P View Post
I think this idea has already been floated, but I think that Graal should be marketed as a FREE game again.
Let people play and develop on UC servers for free and charge players to play on "Classic" servers.
1) Then it wouldn't really be a free game.
2) No, terrible idea. Classic servers should have never been p2p, the bit where you upgraded once and could play Classic servers forever was good and the limit but constantly making people p2p our beloved servers is what started Graal's decline to begin with.

CJ's own quality servers were supposed to be p2p, not ours. Charging people to play on player content is just being lazy. You need to think of it from a player's perspective.
Old 11-03-2009, 07:48 PM
fcmrcy
FaLLChiLD has a spectacular aura aboutFaLLChiLD has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to FaLLChiLD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
1) Then it wouldn't really be a free game.
2) No, terrible idea. Classic servers should have never been p2p, the bit where you upgraded once and could play Classic servers forever was good and the limit but constantly making people p2p our beloved servers is what started Graal's decline to begin with.

CJ's own quality servers were supposed to be p2p, not ours. Charging people to play on player content is just being lazy. You need to think of it from a player's perspective.
This is how it should be.
Old 11-03-2009, 08:28 PM
Classic FAQ
xnervNATx will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJames View Post
If you'd pay attention, and stop being an idiot; and looking for tinw flaws, I said we're currently working on small tile errors like that, gawsh

and Dem, I agree with you %110, something needs to be changed about that
"small" is not the term i would use, ive walked about 5 mins around and all i see is tiles errors...i could give you way more images if you want.
Old 11-03-2009, 08:46 PM
Kanto League Champion
Demisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
That could work although there are a lot of people who have classic lifetime account and would complain if they cannot play for free on classic servers anymore.
Leave lifetime classic accounts intact then.
The idea isn't to find a way to charge the current players more, it's to lure a LOT of new players to the game to play on the free servers and then hope that a fraction of them upgrade every time their favorite server starts charging.

I guess the problem is that there is no way to test something like this to see if it would be successful. You'd just need to change your whole business model and then pray, which kind of sucks.
Old 11-03-2009, 09:22 PM
Finger lickin' good.
salesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud of
Suddenly charging for something that used to be free is a great way to upset/lose a lot of customers (assuming they're paying for something elsewhere -- in-game gelat shops, server rental, CJ-made "gold" servers, etc).
Old 11-03-2009, 09:28 PM
\(^∀^)メ(≧∇≦)ノ
Hiro has a spectacular aura aboutHiro has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Hiro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post

this
Old 11-03-2009, 09:34 PM
Cyril Rain
sssssssssss will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by salesman View Post
Suddenly charging for something that used to be free is a great way to upset/lose a lot of customers (assuming they're paying for something elsewhere -- in-game gelat shops, server rental, CJ-made "gold" servers, etc).
Hence graals decline since it went p2p for the first time.
Probably lost almost half the players just from the first one, would be a huge mistake to make it any worse. I wont play if CJ ever does anything like that.

Should just be to pay for gold servers, pay to dev on servers, and pay to buy a server. There should be no Trial accounts. CJ, you will still make your money off the 20-45 servers in dev right now. Its really probably more than that. ~ $70 every 6 months from all of them, then staff buying gold to work on them, you'd have ALOT more people on the classic servers if it was free, your Graal Kingdoms and Zone people would still be paying like they do now, and the game wouldn't be slowly dying. It wasent that hard to work out for me, why is it for CJ?
Elysium's Facebook Page: http://facebook.com/GraalOnlineElysium
Graal Forum Thread: http://forums.graalonline.com...
Graalians Thread: http://www.graalians.com...

Old 11-03-2009, 10:23 PM
Graal Developer
Sage_Shadowbane will become famous soon enough
I personally don't get how Graal "needs" to be a p2p game at this point.. it's already at the brink of extinction. Even when it was thriving it was a free game, and even when it first became p2p, I could buy an account for 7$ and have a lifetime playability on Classic servers, why all of a sudden was there an inflation??
Old 11-04-2009, 11:10 PM
*Shadow (Convoy)
Crono1508 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage_Shadowbane View Post
I personally don't get how Graal "needs" to be a p2p game at this point.. it's already at the brink of extinction. Even when it was thriving it was a free game, and even when it first became p2p, I could buy an account for 7$ and have a lifetime playability on Classic servers, why all of a sudden was there an inflation??
It was only $7.00 in the past when P2P was first introduced?

Old 11-05-2009, 03:04 AM
Graal Developer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono1508 View Post
It was only $7.00 in the past when P2P was first introduced?
Roughly yes, I don't remember the exact price but I know it was somewhere in the range of $7.00.
Old 11-05-2009, 03:41 AM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
$29 is hardly $7 The price was one time also $19 for 3 months gold + lifetime classic. If you are going off-topic at least stick to the facts. Making a game "free" also doesn't magically increase the player count, it needs to attract more players first. We will see if we can do something once v6 is finished.

Looking forward to Atrius
Old 11-05-2009, 04:12 AM
Graal Developer
Quote:
$29 is hardly $7 The price was one time also $19 for 3 months gold + lifetime classic. If you are going off-topic at least stick to the facts. Making a game "free" also doesn't magically increase the player count, it needs to attract more players first. We will see if we can do something once v6 is finished.

The price is 29$ now.. o.O. I remember Classic accounts being VERY cheap awhile back in comparison to the price they are at now. And yeah sorry for going off-topic. I'm also looking forward to Atrius.
Old 11-05-2009, 05:20 AM
Ignorance has no future
Unkownsoldier is on a distinguished road
Thats why everyone had like 5 classic accounts..
Old 11-05-2009, 07:04 AM
Banned
Devil has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Send a message via AIM to Devil Send a message via MSN to Devil
Quote:

"We'll see if we can do something" please elaborate? Sounds interesting.
Old 11-05-2009, 09:00 AM
*Shadow (Convoy)
Crono1508 will become famous soon enough
I would assume they're working on a new theme (hence the new website) with the release of Graal v6 because its been awhile now for that new release...