Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Graal Kingdoms
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

View Poll Results: Only allow the use of spell scrolls in a certain difference of levels:
10 6 19.35%
20 5 16.13%
30 1 3.23%
40 0 0%
50 1 3.23%
Keep it like it is 18 58.06%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-28-2007, 03:37 AM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Crow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Why is everyone speaking of a reset? That is absolutely not an option, there are enough things which can make Kingdoms fun and which we work on, although I must admit that it is sometimes slow to make updates. The new player vs player modifications could make it more interesting to do spars and kingdom wars.
It cant be fun if there are still tons of event items and tons of players with level 110 in a game that was supposed to be RP and which cannot really have a maximum level of 110.
Taking these things away, its almost like a reset. So a reset would be good imo.
Old 01-28-2007, 07:20 AM
That one guy...
zokemon is a jewel in the roughzokemon is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via ICQ to zokemon Send a message via AIM to zokemon Send a message via MSN to zokemon Send a message via Yahoo to zokemon
Sorry man but I have tried it on a dead classic server and it did only 2 weeks of justice until it died again.
Old 01-28-2007, 10:53 AM
Master Of Chaos
cutelilmurderer is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to cutelilmurderer Send a message via AIM to cutelilmurderer Send a message via Yahoo to cutelilmurderer
I can only make level 29 scrolls but I often give them to newer players (free) so that they can have a much easier time learning skills and spells.

How frustrating is it when you have to save up 336 plats fifteen times in a row just to fail a sixteenth time?

Leave it alone.

~And leave the darn cauldrons alone too.

Aside from the obvious obsession for diamonds, the games economy is item-driven already. You can only determine the economic downfall by the people that run it. People tricking trade tables into making millions of platinum coins for themselves is what ruins economy. Having only one item that does fire ice and magical damage that is virtually weightless ruins the economy. If economy was the Graal Kingdoms protagonist than I could understand why this could be an issue among the communists, however players can not be trusted (seriously, sadly).

The problem you really should adress is that there are cheaters and glitch-exploiting tricksters in the game that don't report back a problem that has a negative effect on the community as a whole. I was so angry at the fact that the platinum coin goes literally one quarter of a percent as far as it used to.

The real BMOC's now carry an average of 21,000~50,000 platinum coins. I almost refuse to trade with other players because of this issue, because I feel like I am the only one who still earns my income traditionally.
Old 01-28-2007, 12:32 PM
Tįri o Taurė
ReBorn_Spirit is on a distinguished road
CLM has a few points, but fails to see the bigger problems. Its not the small time stuff like your level 20 scrolls, its the level 107 scrolls allowing players to skip past most all of their levels like it were nothing. Its a game balance issue, not how much plat you can earn from selling some scrolls because you think your better then everyone else in the game. So far, I've been trustable to anyone that cares to be nice, never stolen an item, reported any and all bugs I've every seen. So I guess I'm not really a player then, just some random wandering NPC.

Right now we should actually just dump out all the plat on the entire server and let it rebuild itself naturally, before it kills off the beloved economy that I can't see anymore. I don't trade because there is nothing to trade for that I want, no economical value in my day to day graal life.
Old 01-28-2007, 04:33 PM
Master Of Chaos
cutelilmurderer is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to cutelilmurderer Send a message via AIM to cutelilmurderer Send a message via Yahoo to cutelilmurderer
That would actually be kinda cool to remove all of the plat from the graal kingdoms server and start over since the glitch has been (i hope) already cured. Would solve the cash flood problem and inventories would clear up. I mean it would totally suck for me being that I earned up all that cash but I would appreciate the overall effect it would have on the server much more.

My love for the server outweighs the love for the money I've earned and I certainly don't think anyone would mind in the long run.

As for the scrolls themselves, the real threat they possess is quickly raising someones learning and alchemy ability, not to mention hitpoints. This is not like the wisdom jumping glitch where a handful of players jump a hundred levels and enchant their weapons to nine or ten. Being able to be really smart and have high hitpoints is wonderful but not nearly as dangerous (and rediculous) as a single player jumping to level 55 physique or magic. The only problem I could see with everyone having extreme mental levels is that everyone could enchant armors much higher than you.

Reality is, if you start with twelve INT points, if you level up to 110 using mental, you will still have twelve INT points and all of your damage/ability stats would be the same as well.

Just because someone is level 110 does not make them a stronger player, it just means they are level 110. Just because they have a much higher hitpoint than you does not mean they even stand a chance against your weapon/armor class in an arena match. Leave it alone.

Resetting the server really won't do anything except make the already diminishing player count fall even further.

Last edited by cutelilmurderer; 01-28-2007 at 04:34 PM.. Reason: (typos and word adjustment)
Old 01-28-2007, 06:12 PM
Petrification of a Newbie
Darklux is a jewel in the roughDarklux is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via ICQ to Darklux Send a message via AIM to Darklux Send a message via Yahoo to Darklux
Quote:
Originally Posted by cutelilmurderer View Post
Resetting the server really won't do anything except make the already diminishing player count fall even further.
Look how many people left because gk was not worth to play anymore.
It is way beyond the count of people who COULD quit due to a reset.

But yes there is a way for newbs to become good:

Doing Trex and Mining for diamonds around.. one year long... and buying items with the 1000 diamonds found.
Thats what you can do to catch up with good players, why not! Its fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Era has lost players each time it got reset, but often players came back or new players came because new stuff has been added and the staff works hard to get more players.
Think about that sentence, seriously.

It perfectly shows my opinion, and what can be done to have a good and even better goldworld GK.

Last edited by Darklux; 01-28-2007 at 06:26 PM..
Old 01-28-2007, 06:37 PM
Gone
zell12 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to zell12 Send a message via AIM to zell12 Send a message via MSN to zell12
Not enough diversity, difference between classes, items are not well balanced. Half the things still don't work properly. :/
Old 01-28-2007, 08:25 PM
Dark Ravenblade
Ravenblade1979 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Ravenblade1979
Plain and simple. The staff needs to release more stuff. yeah a new fighting system for kingdom wars and pking is good. But what people want is the flying tech, new monsters, new craftable items, new quests. They are bored with what they have now. I personally would like a few new events added.
Old 01-28-2007, 08:33 PM
Gone
zell12 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to zell12 Send a message via AIM to zell12 Send a message via MSN to zell12
What kind of items would you want? Stronger ones? Different images?
Old 01-28-2007, 08:50 PM
RedGreen
ZuperZeb42 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenblade1979 View Post
Plain and simple. The staff needs to release more stuff. yeah a new fighting system for kingdom wars and pking is good. But what people want is the flying tech, new monsters, new craftable items, new quests. They are bored with what they have now. I personally would like a few new events added.
Preach it Ravenblade, Preach it!

Old 01-28-2007, 09:16 PM
cyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant future
They should keep the scrolls the way they are i used scroll to level 14 and then i got DoV. but maybe make it so you can use scrolls but dont get EXP from them since people use scrolls for pking and killing mosters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenblade1979 View Post
Off Topic
Yeah, The should add new things not change old things now pking will not be as fun and more boarding
Old 01-28-2007, 10:11 PM
Newbie_p2p is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyan3 View Post
Off Topic
Yeah, The should add new things not change old things now pking will not be as fun and more boarding
I agree, They dont need to change Graal Kingdoms they need to add to it.
Old 01-28-2007, 10:28 PM
Magnificent Bastard
Draenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Draenin Send a message via MSN to Draenin Send a message via Yahoo to Draenin
By putting limiters on the scroll system, Stefan, you will be eliminating any chance of users ever reaching level 110 legitimately within, say, four to six years. Alchemy is not a 'quick fix' for level 110. It takes a long time to accumulate the necessary rubies, and even longer when you gather all of the other materials. (Took me about three months to gather the rubies, two weeks for the other materials, a month for my alchemy equipment, and another two weeks to get all the scrolls I needed to read.)

If you put a limit on scroll reading, nobody will make it past level 20 mental. That's the same thing that happened when partying was disabled above level 20. You might as well just set the level cap in everything to 20, because just about every area to level in now is shot for some reason or another past level 20-30.
Old 01-28-2007, 11:48 PM
Tįri o Taurė
ReBorn_Spirit is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draenin View Post
By putting limiters on the scroll system, Stefan, you will be eliminating any chance of users ever reaching level 110 legitimately within, say, four to six years. Alchemy is not a 'quick fix' for level 110. It takes a long time to accumulate the necessary rubies, and even longer when you gather all of the other materials. (Took me about three months to gather the rubies, two weeks for the other materials, a month for my alchemy equipment, and another two weeks to get all the scrolls I needed to read.)

If you put a limit on scroll reading, nobody will make it past level 20 mental. That's the same thing that happened when partying was disabled above level 20. You might as well just set the level cap in everything to 20, because just about every area to level in now is shot for some reason or another past level 20-30.
that was the point of this
your not supposed to get to level 110 that easily.

Your only confirming to us that people do abuse these scrolls to get a level unnaturally.
Old 01-29-2007, 02:39 AM
Kyden
Waltz5 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReBorn_Spirit View Post
that was the point of this
your not supposed to get to level 110 that easily.

Your only confirming to us that people do abuse these scrolls to get a level unnaturally.
And you're only increasing the gap that you fight so hard to close.