Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Graal Main Forum (English) > Server Maintenance
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 11-09-2008, 11:59 PM
Banned
Umat will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
I liked V4's playerlist + pm windows. Could have used an additional option here and there but much better than today's. :/
Ah, forgot that v4 was a lot similiar to v2.3 that way. v5 is by far the worst version though. In many ways.
Old 11-10-2008, 12:20 AM
oh snaps
napo_p2p has a spectacular aura aboutnapo_p2p has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to napo_p2p Send a message via MSN to napo_p2p
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umat View Post
Ah, forgot that v4 was a lot similiar to v2.3 that way. v5 is by far the worst version though. In many ways.
Nah, I think v3 was worse than v5.
Tempus neminem non manet.
Noli manere tempus.
Carpe Diem

Seize the Day.
Old 11-10-2008, 01:26 AM
Banned
Probably about the same.
Old 11-10-2008, 09:55 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by napo_p2p View Post
Nah, I think v3 was worse than v5.
I liked the idea of v3 (the look of the serverlist etc) but the client itself didn't feel like it was Graal. The graphics seemed fuzzier, but the mouse cursor was kind of neat. I liked v4, but v5 was a horrible step. "They" think it's awesome though, so whatever.
Old 11-10-2008, 10:12 PM
Banned
v3 had a pretty classic kind of serverlist right? That was actually one good thing about it. :P
Old 11-10-2008, 10:40 PM
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
v3 had a pretty classic kind of serverlist right? That was actually one good thing about it. :P
Some old screen I took back then...(was on Windows 2000, what an ugly OS)

I have more somewhere but I can't find 'em.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	kindablurryno.png
Views:	369
Size:	320.5 KB
ID:	46450  
Old 11-10-2008, 10:41 PM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
I don't think I ever got v3 working properly for me. Either way, I was mostly gone around that time.
Old 11-10-2008, 10:46 PM
Banned
Quote:

About 2000, seconded.
And I think you can still can connect with the Graal v3 client to the serverlist although you get "You need to upgrade to v5.12 to play on this server"
Old 11-10-2008, 10:50 PM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
I completely disagree. I still consider v5 to be the best version of Graal. Yes, there are things we don't like. The website, the login screen, observer mode, etc.

There are still tons of things that make v5 the best version so far. There were massive speed improvements on most servers for the Mac client (before Universal, when the Mac version began to run the same or better than Windows). There were scripting language improvements. Bug fixes. And many more things I can't think of.
Quote:

I miss that screen.
Old 11-10-2008, 10:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk1994 View Post
I still consider v5 to be the best version of Graal.
Stopped reading.
Old 11-10-2008, 10:55 PM
Banned
Quote:
There are still tons of things that make v5 the best version so far. There were massive speed improvements on most servers for the Mac client (before Universal, when the Mac version began to run the same or better than Windows). There were scripting language improvements. Bug fixes. And many more things I can't think of.
The bugfixes and scripting improvement doesn't compensate for the bad looks, in-game playerlist, in-game pm windows and all the overuse of the scripting engine.

Graal today is a massive overuse of scripting that does nothing important at all.
Old 11-10-2008, 11:02 PM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
The bugfixes and scripting improvement doesn't compensate for the bad looks, in-game playerlist, in-game pm windows and all the overuse of the scripting engine.
They do to me. No one is forcing you to use the in-game playerlist, by the way, unless you use Mac or Linux.

Speed improvements definitely make up for it as well.

Crono, when I say "the best version", I'm talking about the version, not the content. Graal v5 has the best potential, in my opinion, for making good servers; back in "the day", a lot of the stuff that's possible now wasn't then.
Old 11-10-2008, 11:06 PM
Banned
Quote:
They do to me. No one is forcing you to use the in-game playerlist, by the way, unless you use Mac or Linux.
No, but I'm forced to use in-game pm windows. Which is r***rded if I have trayed the game and want to just open the pm that flashes.
Old 11-10-2008, 11:07 PM
Quote:
Crono, when I say "the best version", I'm talking about the version, not the content. Graal v5 has the best potential, in my opinion, for making good servers; back in "the day", a lot of the stuff that's possible now wasn't then.
I doubt Graal has ever reached it's full potential to begin with. The version goes hand in hand with content, from a player's perspective (the most important one).
Old 11-10-2008, 11:11 PM
Banned
If Cyberjoueurs actually hired a team to make a server and develop a story it would definitly reach it's full potential. A bunch of 13-18 year olds that makes servers on their spare time will never make graal reach its full potential.