Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Your opinion
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-28-2011, 03:21 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
stop making PC GRAAL IS DOOMED threads

No seriously, we could have done that just fine before but with the influx of changes (however long that'll take) and more importantly the popularity of the iPhone servers, calling Graal dead now would be retarded.

It would be more accurate to say UN is dying, but PC Graal? I don't know about you guys but Zodiac is doing fine and Era has a handful of players (for what reason I don't know, Era is such a boring and horrible server). I would like to see our dear Classic back asap and I wanna see the news spread to the iPhone folks. It hurts me to say it because they're all kids and are going to be very annoying but playercount is indeed playercount.

p.s old playerlist on v6 pls.
Old 04-28-2011, 03:28 PM
Era Manager
DuBsTeRmAn is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to DuBsTeRmAn
+1 Rep

Damnit.. You must spread out more before giving it to crono again
Old 04-28-2011, 04:11 PM
Ideas on Fire
Soala is a jewel in the roughSoala is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuBsTeRmAn View Post
+1 Rep

Damnit.. You must spread out more before giving it to crono again
You got red rep yourself, so you're giving neutral.

I agree @ Crono
Old 04-28-2011, 04:12 PM
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soala View Post
You got red rep yourself, so you're giving neutral.

I agree @ Crono
Not anymore he doesn't!
Old 04-28-2011, 04:16 PM
Ideas on Fire
Soala is a jewel in the roughSoala is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
Not anymore he doesn't!
You're too nice man.
Old 04-28-2011, 05:17 PM
Bell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud of
I second the motion Crono, third and bang the gavel on it even.
Old 04-28-2011, 05:46 PM
G2k1
Kamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud of
Put horizontal advertisement bars back on the PM windows, the way it was before Graal2001 and Graal going "P2P".

Release PC Graal for free, make money off of the PC advertisements while using your other strategy for iPhone and flash versions.

Pow! You're rich.
Old 04-28-2011, 06:15 PM
Prinking Droblem
Geno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Geno
i would like a playerlist on iphone servers plz
Old 04-28-2011, 07:05 PM
Banned
WhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to behold
I can agree with this. Two major offending groups: newbies who make the threads because everyone else is doing it, and oldbies who don't play or develop anymore.

These sorts of "WE'RE DOOMED" threads create a negative atmosphere and I'm not really sure why anyone would make them unless their intention is to drown the few remaining developers with waves of negativity. I'd rather see the opposite: posts encouraging developers (hey, kind of like this OP!) and threads discussing how Graal is going to move foward rather than into the ground.
Old 04-28-2011, 08:09 PM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
It'd be nicer if people focused on creating (and open-sourcing) content that could help multiple servers and/or Graal in general.

I.e: Generic RPG Systems, Updated/Beautiful Tilesets (Looking at you Delteria), etc.

UC servers would look and run a lot nicer (and may even succeed in the long run) if they didn't have to re-invent the wheel every time and had solid bases to work from.
Old 04-28-2011, 08:13 PM
░▒▓██▓▒░
Galdor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond repute
Yea like baddie scripts based on This with like different sized templates to toy around with xD would be awesome

My Albums
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unixmad
This forums is going worst each day.
Old 04-28-2011, 10:18 PM
David K?
Devil_Lord2 can only hope to improve
Quote:
No seriously, we could have done that just fine before but with the influx of changes (however long that'll take) and more importantly the popularity of the iPhone servers, calling Graal dead now would be retarded.
The topic states "PC GRAAL IS DOOMED" but is taking the iPod version into account.. I mean, it could be counted as a personal computer I suppose but in my opinion they are two different /separated things, only hosting the same social network type game..

When I think of PC Graal as dying, I take a look at how many servers you could see on the login in the past.. Bravo, Doomsday, Auroria, Klaria, and a whole bunch of others I never bothered to get into.. There were more varieties of servers, and P2P didn't hold anyone back from joining. Now all the servers are so technical, it seems no point in actually starting the server because everyone has so much more than you.. It wasn't exactly like going out of OSL and dying in a few seconds from someone so much more powerful than yourself.

I've played Era, UN, and slightly GK in the past, I honestly have no clue how to get money or anything on Era or UN, and GK ... well I never got past the tutorial from the five years going off and on trying, unsure what to do in ether of the servers. At least Zone and Classic you can hop on and figure it out easily. Classic even pinpoints quests I believe "Or at least the grave since I refuse to get the sword" ^.^;

I also love the fact that Graal is a Developing type platform ... which now not everyone can have access to..

Quote:
I would like to see our dear Classic back asap and I wanna see the news spread to the iPhone folks. It hurts me to say it because they're all kids and are going to be very annoying but playercount is indeed playercount.
p.s old playerlist on v6 pls.
They may be annoying, but most of them are much more nicer and less anal than most PC players. I have met a few nice people on this forum ... maybe about four.. And I've even met Thor on PC, who is very kind... Most of the people on the forum, since I've been able to to post, have feuded with each other, or have been mostly rude to others.

I however cannot speak for all of the iPod popularity.. there are a few people who strive to troll. And who knows, maybe the iPod version has just as many anal people, but the rest of the 800? more people make up for it.

I can only assume because the servers are newer, and most new people are nicer, that there is a great chance iPod could become as mean as PC in a few years if they lose their ability to attract new people..

Point is, I love iPod, miss the ability to have a lot of people developing without paying and the many different server types you could have on PC.
Sadly I spend more time on PC working then I do on iPod.

Wouldn't it be easier to create a forum thread for "PC Graal is dying" posts and avoid them, rather then trying to deter half the population from creating them?

Digital Media Artist - David K? </3 (UnLoved)
www.davidkrout.com
www.twitch.com/DavidKkz

Old 04-28-2011, 11:49 PM
RIP DarkCloud_PK
maximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond repute
Is it irony when a thread about stopping PC Graal is dead talk inevitably becomes a PC Graal is dead thread?
Old 04-28-2011, 11:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamaeru View Post
Put horizontal advertisement bars back on the PM windows, the way it was before Graal2001 and Graal going "P2P".

Release PC Graal for free, make money off of the PC advertisements while using your other strategy for iPhone and flash versions.

Pow! You're rich.
no

Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
It'd be nicer if people focused on creating (and open-sourcing) content that could help multiple servers and/or Graal in general.

I.e: Generic RPG Systems, Updated/Beautiful Tilesets (Looking at you Delteria), etc.

UC servers would look and run a lot nicer (and may even succeed in the long run) if they didn't have to re-invent the wheel every time and had solid bases to work from.
yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus_asinus View Post
Is it irony when a thread about stopping PC Graal is dead talk inevitably becomes a PC Graal is dead thread?
yes

devil_lord2 tl;dr bro, give me some cliffnotes
Old 04-29-2011, 12:10 AM
Forum Moderator
TSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
no yes yes

devil_lord2 tl;dr bro, give me some cliffnotes
Everyone's thinking it, I'm just saying it: "No". No combo breakers.
· User Agreement · Code of Conduct · Forum Rules ·
· Graal Support · Administrative Contacts ·