FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Closed Thread

Old 09-05-2003, 01:45 AM
Got Milk?
WarLord2004 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally posted by Stefan
Those rules seem to be good.
About gfx: It's allowed to use gfx and scripts from Classic (?) and Graal2001, also it's ok to use the 3d terrain, picso.png and the trees from Graal Kingdoms. If you use things from other playerworlds the rules say that you need to get permission for that first, because it's an unfair act to push your own playerworld with someone elses work.
It's not allowed to upload your own music to the servers, because it's hard to check if music or melodies are already copyrighted. If you want to let people use it then put it on your own website for download.
Ok it's been said i know bodies from graal2001 is a trademark of that server... But before i start i can do graphics but sprites seems difficult to me. I have tried many times to make a perfect character walking but always end up stopping. But since i seen Archaic have edited graal kingdoms bodies are other server allowed to edit graal2001 bodies as well? I just need a simple body with a walking sprite just like graal2001 as a tamplate i don't wish to edit it without anyone permission. I can use a simple body and create it like the character you see in my signature. But i just need a tamplate of walking sprites

Old 09-05-2003, 02:28 AM
Sublime
Tseng is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by WarLord2004

Ok it's been said i know bodies from graal2001 is a trademark of that server... But before i start i can do graphics but sprites seems difficult to me. I have tried many times to make a perfect character walking but always end up stopping. But since i seen Archaic have edited graal kingdoms bodies are other server allowed to edit graal2001 bodies as well? I just need a simple body with a walking sprite just like graal2001 as a tamplate i don't wish to edit it without anyone permission. I can use a simple body and create it like the character you see in my signature. But i just need a tamplate of walking sprites
As long as the gfx and ganis are notably different, there's not _too_ much of a problem. I'd personally rather you didn't, though.
I didn't ban you, I only played a little bit with my RC.
-----
Old 09-07-2003, 04:40 PM
Truckin Up
Milkdude99 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to Milkdude99
Quote:
Originally posted by ETD

useing n-pulse as an example, who would be able to give permission to re-make n-pulse? could Geo (the founder of n-pulse, and manager for several years) be able to give this permission under the way you are saying, or would it have to come from Moon God, who was manager for the past like 2.5 years? (i understand that this is talking about dead servers... but n-pulse is the only server i know well, so i used it as an example...)

Arkland banned a friend of mine, for pointing out that they stole a level from n-pulse
-_-
ETD Geo had Npulse for maybe a year or a year and a half , we have had Npulse 2x as long as Geo did . You really need to get your times straight if you intend to post about Npulse.

Moon God
Graal.net

---------- Home---------

Old 09-07-2003, 10:01 PM
VIP runned out
ETD is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Milkdude99
ETD Geo had Npulse for maybe a year or a year and a half , we have had Npulse 2x as long as Geo did . You really need to get your times straight if you intend to post about Npulse.
I said that Geo had n-pulse for 'several years' because i was not sure of how long.. i know that i played n-pulse for 1/2 a year before you took it over, and from what i could tell, Geo had n-pulse up for over a year before that, which would be 1.5 years... (i will ask NightFall exactly how long later)
and you have had n-pulse for 2.5 years (as i said) because you took over late winter of 2001, and this is late summer of 2003...

I think my times were just fine, and it still withstood the whole point of the example, which was that both of you were manager for a long time, and which person would be asked, if there was to be a recreation? (assuming n-pulse was a dead server)

and my question was answered, i don't see why you posted this, other than to start some kind of argument
Old 09-07-2003, 10:30 PM
Administrator
Darlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud of
It was just a correction, nothing more ETD...please dont make more of it then it is, no more arguing needs to be done
INFO ABOUT INFRACTIONS.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE NON-GRAAL RELATED FORUM (<<READ THOROUGHLY!)

SUPPORT: http://support.toonslab.com

NOTE: YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN POSTS.
READ>THINK>POST
Old 09-07-2003, 11:36 PM
VIP runned out
Quote:
Originally posted by Darlene159
It was just a correction, nothing more ETD...please dont make more of it then it is, no more arguing needs to be done
but was there even a need to correct me? i mean, my point was understood, and the question was answered... then way after the fact MG comes on, to be picky about how long Geo owned n-pulse, when i didn't even state an exact amount of time?
I don't want to argue either, but I see no point in his post other than to start an argument
Old 09-08-2003, 12:12 AM
Ex-Graal Global
Spark910 has a spectacular aura about
Please dont argue in this thread. Dont reply about who started it, or that you didnt do anything, just stop.
Old 09-08-2003, 10:08 AM
Playerworld Administrator
HoudiniMan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Golbez

Well.. see G3k, wanted to have a newspaper system and wanted to save old newspapers. Like if you had a newspaper that was the first issue, you can save it. Also, it could save hudge files, like davidpsy said (sorry I dont know your Graal name )
Also, if illigal files are uploaded, its all connected to a site, and not through Graal, so if they have anything illigal the site would be in trouble, witch Graal cant get in trouble for.
You could simply name the images with a system of numbers and script it to display the picture matching the requested number. IE: newspaper-12.png or newspaper12-4-03.png or newspaper_current.png etc...

Just save each one in the graphics folder and have the script call the file names.
You could also easily script it to show only the papers the player has obtained or whatever you'd like.

Old 09-08-2003, 03:45 PM
Sublime
Tseng is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by HoudiniMan

You could simply name the images with a system of numbers and script it to display the picture matching the requested number. IE: newspaper-12.png or newspaper12-4-03.png or newspaper_current.png etc...

Just save each one in the graphics folder and have the script call the file names.
You could also easily script it to show only the papers the player has obtained or whatever you'd like.
Why not just script the display of a newspaper, instead of wasting precious HD space/time making graphics for it?

And you call yourself a scripter.
I didn't ban you, I only played a little bit with my RC.
-----
Old 09-08-2003, 10:42 PM
Truckin Up
Milkdude99 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to Milkdude99
Quote:
Originally posted by ETD

I said that Geo had n-pulse for 'several years' because i was not sure of how long.. i know that i played n-pulse for 1/2 a year before you took it over, and from what i could tell, Geo had n-pulse up for over a year before that, which would be 1.5 years... (i will ask NightFall exactly how long later)
and you have had n-pulse for 2.5 years (as i said) because you took over late winter of 2001, and this is late summer of 2003...

I think my times were just fine, and it still withstood the whole point of the example, which was that both of you were manager for a long time, and which person would be asked, if there was to be a recreation? (assuming n-pulse was a dead server)

and my question was answered, i don't see why you posted this, other than to start some kind of argument
It was July of 2001 ETD , I know exactly when we took over.One thing I have always done is I keep logs and documents on everything concerning Npulse. You may be surprised on what I have stored on Npulse, the Staff and players of Npulse, records are the thing I do have the most of on Npulse. You are assumimg too much when it comes to Npulse because I will pay for it to stay up regardless of the player count , even if it is only 5 people but then again this is none of your business and I would appreciate you keeping your nose out of where it is not wanted or belongs. Try taking care of your own server and less what goes on Npulse. If you spent half as much time talking about EOA as you do Npulse your player count (which means more to you than me because player counts don't concern me one way or another) might be higher.

Quote:
Originally posted by Spark910
Please dont argue in this thread. Dont reply about who started it, or that you didnt do anything, just stop.
I have said all I have to say Spark...

Moon God
Graal.net

---------- Home---------

Old 09-08-2003, 10:45 PM
TribulationStaff is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to TribulationStaff
I miss Geo.

Help me keep scripting
Old 09-09-2003, 12:41 AM
VIP runned out
Quote:
It was July of 2001 ETD
ok, so then you have managed n-pulse for a little over 2 years? what is your point? i said that you managed it for 2.5, which was LONGER than you have actually done so...
Quote:
I know exactly when we took over.One thing I have always done is I keep logs and documents on everything concerning Npulse. You may be surprised on what I have stored on Npulse, the Staff and players of Npulse, records are the thing I do have the most of on Npulse.
good for you?
Quote:
You are assumimg too much when it comes to Npulse because I will pay for it to stay up regardless of the player count , even if it is only 5 people but then again this is none of your business and I would appreciate you keeping your nose out of where it is not wanted or belongs.
ok, so you'll pay for it... so? i never said you wouldn't, i don't see how this has ANYTHING to do with anything that has been stated in this thread at all...
Quote:
Try taking care of your own server and less what goes on Npulse. If you spent half as much time talking about EOA as you do Npulse your player count (which means more to you than me because player counts don't concern me one way or another) might be higher.
I spend 2 times as much time working on my server, than you spend on your server, so why don't you mind your own buisness, just like you're trying to tell me to do, k?
Also, why would i care about player count? My PW isn't even done yet, and is still UC... there is only 1 level open to the public... i don't expect to get players till we open, and when we do open, THEN i will worry about player count... (again, what does this have to do with the topic?)
Quote:
I have said all I have to say Spark...
Spark, i would rather see both my, and his messages deleted
-_-
but if you leave his message, then i see it only fair to leave my reply as well. I have started no new arguments in this post, i have only responded to the attacks made by Moon God (that's really all i've done so far)

MG's post has nothing to do with the topic, and is only serving as an outlet for his personal hatred for me I wish for it, and this post, to be deleted, and if he continues to start fights like this, i'd like him warned
Old 09-09-2003, 02:50 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Tseng

Why not just script the display of a newspaper, instead of wasting precious HD space/time making graphics for it?

And you call yourself a scripter.
Because then to save them you'd need a new npc or a rediculously large one. But im sure you'd think of some inane DB NPC to store it all in right?...

Graphics are easy to make templates for and much easier to fiddle with than scripts... "Precious HD space" has any world run out yet?... I haven't heard of any...

Old 09-09-2003, 03:08 AM
marcoR is on a distinguished road
Bandwhith(sp?) (sorry, i'm tired, and can't spell)

I don't think it'd be hard to make a newspaper NPC.
aim: lorielvictrix
Old 09-09-2003, 03:30 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by marcoR
Bandwhith(sp?) (sorry, i'm tired, and can't spell)

I don't think it'd be hard to make a newspaper NPC.
Nah it's not hard, Tseng just likes to nit-pick and split hairs when i post, wonder if he's following me o_O

Closed Thread