Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-14-2002, 06:21 PM
Banned
King_Arthur_Elven is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to King_Arthur_Elven
Era!

Im not giveing away too much at present moment so ill just show one Screenshot of a our real custom tileset not just a recolor of pics1.png

Thanks Angel
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	quick work.png
Views:	805
Size:	61.7 KB
ID:	19699  
Old 08-14-2002, 06:34 PM
Prime Rib of Micronesia
warp2ukew will become famous soon enough
Its alright, you dont need all that trash, the GUI is nice but you stole the idea from aeon legend
Old 08-14-2002, 06:35 PM
Banned
:/

aeon legend?? i have ever even heard of aeon legends :/
Should i post more screens?
Old 08-14-2002, 06:38 PM
Prime Rib of Micronesia
Oh well it looks like

yesh post more screenies
Old 08-14-2002, 06:44 PM
Banned
Ok i did some research

That does not look like Eras GUI one bit....

Fine Here
First of all, let me define the term ‘Era’. Era is a point that marks the beginning of such a period of time. For example: - The industrial era. - The prehistoric era Or another word for it is change.
This is what we have named and based our player world ’Era’ on. Basically Era will have three time periods, Past, Present and Future. Which the player chooses out of before they enter the world(s). After they have chosen, they will also choose their gender players look etc… And then they will be placed into the era of their choice and will receive weapons and utilities which match that period. They’re look will also be different in each. PAST: In the past the body will look like a caveman body with leather and fur used for clothing. The weapons you can create will only range from flint daggers, spears, rocks and a few other things. Seeing as there won’t be many urban areas in the past, mainly just caves which players can populate and dig out, there will be many wildlife.

And these wildlife are…dinosaurs. They will come in all different sizes and types including the giant rex. Also for a good effect I am thinking of making it so when large dinosaurs walk through forest areas that the trees will fall down which they run through…but the smaller dinosaurs must run around them. I am thinking of adding a hunger system but I do realize that the players hate them as they get very annoying…but what I am thinking is to have it like Age of Empires where you hunt animals, chop down trees, mine stone and gold to be able to produce buildings etc… I might make it like this so players can build things like small shelters and walls and weapons…but I’m also thinking of hunting like a profession where you can make trophies and keep them or sell them to a trader or other players. There will also be a bargaining feature where you can try to bargain with the trader about prices.

PRESENT: This is one of my favourite eras as it is like where we live today. The tile set contains roads and tall apartment buildings, office buildings, parks etc… You will be able to walk through large cities, go down alley ways (Where you could get robbed by other players or NPCs). There will be cars which you can buy…all different kinds like there are today with different speeds. Police, traffic lights, road rules. It will have the lot. Players will also be able to go for job interviews where the boss is either an NPC or player. They will work for money doing hands on work or deskwork where I have scripted a Graal Operating System that they will use to do their work. PCs will also be available to buy where you can access the era-net where players can create their own websites using a special programming language inside Graal that I have scripted using GCode. Of course there will be player weddings which can be held anywhere the two players want…but where will they live, and when they have any children, where will they shelter them. Well…if they have enough money from their jobs they can go to the architects or builders.

Architects if they want something unique, the request will be sent to a Levels team member and they will build it to their desire. But if they go to the builders, they get to choose from a list of houses which will be shown like - 2 bedroom, 1 bathroom, 1 living room - 1 bedroom, 1 bathroom The player can choose to view these in number of room order or price order. Once they choose a house. They must go out and find a site to build it on. Now of course they can buy houses that have been owned and sold by other people. But I am just explaining the new ideas. I am thinking maybe they can buy land for a price from the council or other players and then they choose where to place that house. But they can only place it on land owned by them. The house will be an image or gani because if the server shuts down and the temporary tiles are there, then they will be deleted. But if they are an image, the house image, type, position and link level will be saved onto a homeowners database or just as a string on the owner. It will take a while for the house to be built…not in real life as it is all automatic but it is just to add to the realism. The house sprite set will contain the stages of development where you see them laying foundations and then the frame and mesh goes up etc… The players body will be tall and for the dress they can go shopping in factories or shopping malls and buy designer label clothes made by players or NPCs as a job. I will also add trolleys and baskets. Also if they own a home they can store their clothes inside a wardrobe and choose what top and pants and shoes they want to wear. I may also add a feature where if you eat too much you obviously grow larger and your stamina depletes quicker, but I may not because some Graal players may be offended. <LOTS MORE TO ADD>

FUTURE: The future Is mainly based around technological breakthroughs and space travel. All the old jobs will be available but there will be more added. <ADD HEAPS HERE> JOBS: - Scientist: The job as a scientist will see players testing formulae and retrieving substances from all over to create new objects and material for new technological advanced equipment.
I know exactly how this will work as when they are testing there will be a gui and they must choose the right combination of substances to mix together and it will tell them if they’ve found something. This can be different but for now lets just keep it at that. - Banker: If a player chooses a banker they will have access to the banks computers and other players give them money which the banker stores in a room and then inputs the amount and the players bank number into the computer.
Just for fun I am thinking of deliberately adding some bugs in the bank computers where if the player who is the banker finds out they can extract a few cents from every account, it will be hard to detect (well sort of J) and when collected, it will add up to a lot of money. The police will get into this if the player finds out and it takes itself from there…this is just for a bit of fun and for players to have something to talk about. Because after all…nothing is perfect
Old 08-14-2002, 06:49 PM
Prime Rib of Micronesia
they changed it then

lol i was original head admin on "era" or we called it "spce trip"

Delph is working with you? Sweet! (noticed from his script) I quit a while ago.
Its hosted on babylon isnt it? ya and my spaceship should still be there =D
Old 08-14-2002, 06:50 PM
Banned
Your Talking About Everglare
There two seprate Playerworlds that made a merge.
Old 08-14-2002, 06:50 PM
am yum
Birdbird_0 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Birdbird_0
wow, I like it
Old 08-14-2002, 06:58 PM
Prime Rib of Micronesia
Quote:
Originally posted by King_Arthur_Elven
Your Talking About Everglare
There two seprate Playerworlds that made a merge.
No im not, I was there when they started making everglare and this space server.
Old 08-14-2002, 06:59 PM
Banned
:/I worked on Everglare, a part of Everglare was space trip then i merged my server with Chrisz server makeing Era!
Old 08-14-2002, 09:20 PM
Radioactive Cow
Jinx is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Jinx
Streets <3

Looking good =)

-Jinx
InsaneFishP0sse: He got a severe paper cut last week and died of blood loss, very sad
Confucious2002: so unix took over his body?
InsaneFishP0sse: No, actually it was the NPC Server,
InsaneFishP0sse: Now if you PM Nemesis, he will go "I am Nemesis, the PW Admin, I handle almost all Playerworlds currently online"
Old 08-14-2002, 09:45 PM
TheFrozenFiend is on a distinguished road
It looks nice.

The stats thing is great. Compact and it looks nice.

Whats with the "-> Walk"? Can you change it to run and so on?
Also what do the 3 blue buttons do/show? Is it the ASD things?

Stats thing - 8/10

Also known as TDM
Old 08-14-2002, 09:54 PM
Banned
Spectre1337 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Spectre1337 Send a message via Yahoo to Spectre1337
It reminds me of Chalk Zone...
Old 08-14-2002, 11:27 PM
Dustey4Ever is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Dustey4Ever
Dustey: Err I dont like it i think, it looks to much like the sims game =\ Yes nice graphics but the gui x.x
Old 08-14-2002, 11:49 PM
RavenTelvecho is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to RavenTelvecho Send a message via AIM to RavenTelvecho Send a message via Yahoo to RavenTelvecho
wows thats the best city tileset ive seen yet

^tuff newbie ;x
RavenTelvecho
!Booj
we are 'brothers'