Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Bug Report
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 4.69 average. Display Modes
Old 10-17-2011, 02:07 PM
Hoyt1134 is on a distinguished road
Tile layer alpha bug

I have been running into weird problems when working with tile layers with alpha transparency. The bottom layer, layer 0, is a solid color with no transparency. Layer 1 has semi-transparent tiles which do not show correctly. There is a display issue where it blacks out tiles that should be transparent. There are other weird behaviors if you put a single lighter colored tile in the darkened area. This is in the most recent beta version, listed as 6.011.

This is the way the level should appear, and appears in the Gonstruct editor:

This is how the level appears in-game:

Opening the .nw level file shows that the tiles are where they should be, and if I create an NPC to tell me which tiles I am mousing over, it even says the correct tile index. It looks like it is simply some sort of display bug unless I am missing something.

Here is the level and tile set I used:
tilelayeralphabug.nw

Click image for larger version

Name:	alphatileset.png
Views:	1440
Size:	23.0 KB
ID:	53809
Old 10-18-2011, 02:14 PM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ffcmike Send a message via MSN to ffcmike
V6 with OpenGL runs painfully slowly if I've had my computer running for several hours (6/7 +) beforehand, which kindof makes sense in a way but the slowdown is abnormal, other programs are running fine including V6 with DirectX.
Old 10-18-2011, 02:49 PM
J.Rollin (killaz)
jkldogg can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to jkldogg Send a message via MSN to jkldogg
The options menu (F3) resets certain stats upon closing graal. This also applies to reconnecting(/reconnect). So far the ones that I have noticed are full screen and key-mapping. For example, if you set your full screen resolution to 800x600x60 then log out and back in, it will be set to the first one on the list which is 640x480x60. I have to change my keys every time I login, since my bottom arrow is broken. I rely on the numpad for movement.

PSN: jkldogg

The best post ever made on the graal forums.
After playing Graal Online for many years, JKL decides to make a forum account. Isn't life funny?
Old 10-18-2011, 08:37 PM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
The key-mappings were not correctly saved and loaded until a few versions ago, but it should be fine now.
Old 10-19-2011, 12:25 AM
Script-fu
Skyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Skyld
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffcmike View Post
V6 with OpenGL runs painfully slowly if I've had my computer running for several hours (6/7 +) beforehand, which kindof makes sense in a way but the slowdown is abnormal, other programs are running fine including V6 with DirectX.
Can you verify this with other OpenGL games? Does it just affect Graal?
Old 10-19-2011, 12:29 AM
The Cat
Tigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant future
Quote:
What kind of video card do you have? Some video cards support OpenGL better than others. One way to test this is by looking up your video card, or as Skyld suggested, trying it on other OpenGL software.

“Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.”
Old 10-19-2011, 04:37 AM
J.Rollin (killaz)
jkldogg can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to jkldogg Send a message via MSN to jkldogg
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
The key-mappings were not correctly saved and loaded until a few versions ago, but it should be fine now.
Are you saying that you fixed the problem? Because it's still happening.

PSN: jkldogg

The best post ever made on the graal forums.
After playing Graal Online for many years, JKL decides to make a forum account. Isn't life funny?
Old 10-19-2011, 08:12 AM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyld View Post
Can you verify this with other OpenGL games? Does it just affect Graal?
I shall try to do this should it happen again, as I said it's occurring whenever my computer has been on for several hours, otherwise it's completely fine.
Old 10-21-2011, 07:10 PM
Banned
It seems that it's possible to receive global PMs from players you have set to ignore.
Old 10-21-2011, 07:27 PM
Delterian Hybrid
Emera is a jewel in the roughEmera is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
It seems that it's possible to receive global PMs from players you have set to ignore.
I have been getting this for ages. It is really annoying. It defeats the objective of having an ignore feature.
Old 10-24-2011, 02:34 AM
the KattMan
MattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to MattKan
Is there an option to assign Client RC GUIs to create in the internal window? If there isn't, could this please be added?
Old 10-24-2011, 02:39 AM
the KattMan
MattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to behold
Another issue is that in the playerlist it says "Players from this server:" when you scroll over it, then lists all of your friends list, regardless of what server they are on (in the first window). Could a fourth window be added to show all players and the first window be corrected to what is it supposed to do?
Old 10-24-2011, 10:31 AM
Delterian Hybrid
Emera is a jewel in the roughEmera is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattKan View Post
Another issue is that in the playerlist it says "Players from this server:" when you scroll over it, then lists all of your friends list, regardless of what server they are on (in the first window). Could a fourth window be added to show all players and the first window be corrected to what is it supposed to do?
I quite like this idea. It would be nice to see this separated. Can you also allow the friends are on the player list be collapse able like the guild list?
Old 10-24-2011, 06:39 PM
Tee Hee
smirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to smirt362 Send a message via MSN to smirt362
I've noticed some of the bodies aren't trans'd properly like they are in v5. They show a green background

Don Hertzfeldt <3
Old 10-24-2011, 11:53 PM
the KattMan
Quote:
Originally Posted by smirt362 View Post
I've noticed some of the bodies aren't trans'd properly like they are in v5. They show a green background
This happened for me in v5 whenever I loaded a custom gani on a server.

Tags
graal v6, windows