Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > PlayerWorlds Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-03-2003, 12:09 AM
Script Monkey
Kaimetsu will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally posted by PieOwns
Mmm. Sorry then. But still, something about you clashes with my modesty >.> ... Dunno If I can say it the right way.
*shrugs*

I'm usually very self-deprecating, I mention whatever talents I have only in response to them being questioned by a third party.

Quote:
But anyway.. You are very literal... You should listen to what I mean.... Not what I say.
Text is often a poor medium for expressing meanings. I do the best that I can.
Old 06-03-2003, 12:09 AM
Banned
PieOwns is on a distinguished road
Mabye you interpreted it wrong but saying (Or at least this is what I think I said) "Something about you clashes with me" Is just saying that I dont like you at some level... o.o
This is in response to the guy with the cool yoshi sig o.o
Old 06-03-2003, 12:12 AM
Forbidden
G_yoshi is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to G_yoshi
Quote:
Mabye you interpreted it wrong but saying (Or at least this is what I think I said) "Something about you clashes with me" Is just saying that I dont like you at some level... o.o
This is in response to the guy with the cool yoshi sig o.o
Don't know how it could've meant different. It helps if you actually post what you mean rather than shroud it as you claim you did. If you meant that you didn't like him at some level then you should've said just that. Otherwise, howelse can it be interpreted wrong?
Old 06-03-2003, 12:14 AM
Banned
As kai said, text is poor for expression (Or something to that effect) You really can't pin down what I meant by it... I am the one who said it, And I said what I wanted to. All I am doing when rephrasing it is just that, rephrasing it from its original form in a way easier to compare and.. cross examine o.o.. Since that seems to be what people do here.
Old 06-03-2003, 12:22 AM
Forbidden
Quote:
As kai said, text is poor for expression (Or something to that effect) You really can't pin down what I meant by it... I am the one who said it, And I said what I wanted to. All I am doing when rephrasing it is just that, rephrasing it from its original form in a way easier to compare and.. cross examine o.o.. Since that seems to be what people do here.
Why spend the time? I'd much rather not have to waste mine trying to speculate other ways to interpret what someone says.

You could save yourself a lot of trouble by being to the point the first time around rather than be 'cryptic' and then reply later on that its not what it meant but something else. If you're not sure people will understand what you are saying then take a little time to restate your words before posting and thus causing us to blatantly misinterpret.

Text can be a poor way for expression, but only if the one expressing it is poor doing so
Old 06-03-2003, 12:23 AM
Truckin Up
Milkdude99 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to Milkdude99
Quote:
Originally posted by Soul-Blade

I don't think you understand that DK is NOT public. They have NO way of knowing how it looks, and yet they attack it from ignorance.
Just consider the source and ignore their ignorance. People who attack a PW and haven't even seen it aren't dealing with a full deck.

Moon God
Graal.net

---------- Home---------

Old 06-03-2003, 12:24 AM
Forbidden
Quote:
Originally posted by Milkdude99
Just consider the source and ignore their ignorance. People who attack a PW and haven't even seen it aren't dealing with a full deck.
But...but, its so much fun to do knowing that.
Old 06-03-2003, 12:27 AM
Banned
You were the one that interpreted what I said and criticized me in the first place o.o And I say it in a way that makes sense. When I say it again I say it for your benefit.. To clear up what I mean exactly... So im not being cryptic
Old 06-03-2003, 12:40 AM
Forbidden
Quote:
You were the one that interpreted what I said and criticized me in the first place o.o And I say it in a way that makes sense. When I say it again I say it for your benefit.. To clear up what I mean exactly... So im not being cryptic
Uhm. "something about you clashes with my modesty >.> " is completely different than "I dont like you at some level". How else am I supposed to interpret the former? I can't read minds, thankfully, so if someone fails to properly state what they mean how am I supposed to know what is really meant?

Knowing that you don't like him was already given by your inital post so why go and say it in a different way? Again, you should've stated it as you did when you "cleared it up" for me. Would save us a lot of this unecessary hassle.
Old 06-03-2003, 12:42 AM
Banned
I cant read minds I dont know how you interpret things and thus dont know how to say them. I have said this twice already. Also.. When I said something about you clashes with my modesty.. It wasnt that I felt he was belittling me or beating me in some way.. I meant that his modesty is very.. Low o.o
Old 06-03-2003, 12:49 AM
Forbidden
Quote:
I cant read minds I dont know how you interpret things and thus dont know how to say them. I have said this twice already. Also.. When I said something about you clashes with my modesty.. It wasnt that I felt he was belittling me or beating me in some way.. I meant that his modesty is very.. Low o.o
Thus, bragging that you were more modest than him. Its the same way with saying you're more mature than someone else. If you are so modest then you'd say nothing at all and let him dig his own hole. Being modest is simply being modest and not trying to draw attention to yourself or the fact that you are or might be. If that isn't what you meant then you should've just said that rather than saying it as you did.

I've done this before. I've said something and then went back and tried to explain that I meant something else before. I wasn't very successful at convincing people and in turn just hurt myself.
Old 06-03-2003, 12:51 AM
Banned
I said what I mean. You thought I meant something else. I didnt say I was more modest... I said his is low. Anyways, I have proven my point.. Argueing with you is like talking to rubber.. nothing sticks. I've said the interpreting bit three times now. Im closing the browser for now. Later.
Old 06-03-2003, 12:59 AM
Forbidden
Quote:
I said what I mean. You thought I meant something else. I didnt say I was more modest... I said his is low. Anyways, I have proven my point.. Argueing with you is like talking to rubber.. nothing sticks. I've said the interpreting bit three times now. Im closing the browser for now. Later.
lol! I can't magically draw from thin air that you're bragging. Your post lends itself to this conclusion all on its own. Its right there before my eyes. It stabs them with such intensity how can I ignore it?

For the fourth time, if that isn't what you meant, then you should not have said that. I'm not convinced in anyway that you intended it to simply mean you dislike Kaimetsu. Accusing someone of having little to no modesty makes you no better. How hard is that to understand?

I think your IQ is that of a bucket....wait, that's not what I meant! I simply meant that I don't like you.

Now, tell me how hard it was to not draw the conclusion that I said you were dumb? Its far easier to see that than 'I don't like you', yes? It also makes me no better for insulting you since such things are common for ignorant persons, like myself.
Old 06-03-2003, 01:05 AM
Truckin Up
Milkdude99 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to Milkdude99
Quote:
Look I agree with what you said, modesty is not a trait Kai seems to have nor is he humble in any way. I have had my bouts with him many times but it is a losing battle to debate it here. He is talented; intelligent yet lacks the humility of social graces by promoting himself to the forefront at every opportunity. It is what he is and he isn't going to change for you or I or anyone else. If he changes at all it will be because it is what he wants not from some outside pressure. So all you can say is "well that's Kai" like it or not.

Moon God
Graal.net

---------- Home---------

Old 06-03-2003, 01:07 AM
Forbidden
Quote:
Originally posted by Milkdude99
Look I agree with what you said, modesty is not a trait Kai seems to have nor is he humble in any way. I have had my bouts with him many times but it is a losing battle to debate it here. He is talented; intelligent yet lacks the humility of social graces by promoting himself to the forefront at every opportunity. It is what he is and he isn't going to change for you or I or anyone else. If he changes at all it will be because it is what he wants not from some outside pressure. So all you can say is "well that's Kai" like it or not.
And you are one to talk