Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > PlayerWorlds Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2010, 06:22 PM
iZone Administrator
Matt is a jewel in the roughMatt is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Sephiroth View Post
As it is, N-Pulse is a server that can be developed without developers needing any Gold time, purely because they were on the classic list. As I understand it, while you're on the classic list, you don't need to make payments for your server. At least that's how it used to be. (I could be wrong on this, Matt feel free to correct me if I am)

This is just unfair to other servers. 2-3 years of no-progress, cancelled or changed plans, management changes, etc, they've gone down the same path Delteria and Babylon did and they should be treated the same. Give them another 2-3 months to make positive improvements, otherwise shut down then restart the server on the UC list so they aren't getting a free ride anymore.
Your correct on us not needing to make payments (Other than N-Pulse Debug.) I do agree we should be treated the same as other Classic servers, and we are. I'm sure PWA is eyeballing us, but we were given a chance to quickly get up to par with Classic Tab standards and requirements.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
wat about atlantis guise
I know right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demisis_P2P View Post
Nobody on the N-Pulse staff team knows how to turn levels into a GMAP?
You guys need more help than the GDT can provide.
Nice assumption i guess? But False.

This will be done soon, nobody let us know that there were glitches in the gmap, but now we now as previously stated, in this same exact thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXziroXx View Post
People seem to think that you can just "request the help of GDT" and they'll send x amount of members over to your server to help you. Wrong. You need to contact the members induvidually asking them for help.
Which people, because contacting them individually is the exact same way i requested help. Granted this was before the big GDT Change in leadership in direction (If that's even what it's considered.), but still.

As soon as we receive backups we will be requesting help from the GDT, again.
Old 07-30-2010, 07:41 PM
C:
devilsknite1 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to devilsknite1 Send a message via MSN to devilsknite1 Send a message via Yahoo to devilsknite1
I don't feel like reading all 8 pages of this... Someone tell me what is so bad with N-Pulse? If it's player count, then Valikorlia would be gone too
Old 07-30-2010, 08:01 PM
master of infinite loops
LoneAngelIbesu has a spectacular aura aboutLoneAngelIbesu has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to LoneAngelIbesu
Re: GDT. I don't know about any other members, but I have never once been approached by any server during the time I've been part of the GDT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilsknite1 View Post
I don't feel like reading all 8 pages of this... Someone tell me what is so bad with N-Pulse? If it's player count, then Valikorlia would be gone too
Erm. Valikorlia averages ~20 players. N-Pulse has, on average, a quarter of that.

http://statistics.graal.us/server/show/62
http://statistics.graal.us/server/show/112

Not to mention that Valikorlia is driven not by development, but by player storytelling.
Old 07-30-2010, 11:42 PM
Tranquil Serenity
Akira_P2P is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Akira_P2P Send a message via Yahoo to Akira_P2P
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigairius View Post
Most of the problems you're experiencing can be fixed with some things as simple as LATs editing levels, and others (like npcs) are just as simple as an x/y offset.
I knew about these map glitches the day I started working on N-Pulse. Just yesterday I went to the places that Rufus was mentioning, one of which, was npulse_extra30.nw.

I can tell you now, it's not a simple x/y offset. If you see the glitch, and walk to it, then it turns into a completely different glitch. I'll upload a video to show you what I'm talking about. There's not a simple fix to this, as I've already looked into it, it's something that I'm not able to fix, nor any of the other staff on N-Pulse.
Old 07-30-2010, 11:45 PM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Somehow no other GMAPs have these problems, so I think it's fixable . It may require some work, though. You should have stopped using setmap years ago.

Last edited by cbk1994; 07-31-2010 at 12:16 AM..
Old 07-31-2010, 12:09 AM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akira_P2P View Post
I knew about these map glitches the day I started working on N-Pulse. Just yesterday I went to the places that Rufus was mentioning, one of which, was npulse_extra30.nw.

I can tell you now, it's not a simple x/y offset. If you see the glitch, and walk to it, then it turns into a completely different glitch. I'll upload a video to show you what I'm talking about. There's not a simple fix to this, as I've already looked into it, it's something that I'm not able to fix, nor any of the other staff on N-Pulse.
Your problem is most likely caused by not having added the levels properly or in right order in the .gmap file.

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 07-31-2010, 12:40 AM
Tranquil Serenity
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mewUUGzisBs

That's what it does when I walk onto one of the glitches.
I'm aware that I walk into a completely different level at different points in the video, but there's still nothing wrong with the links from what I saw.
Old 07-31-2010, 02:19 AM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneAngelIbesu View Post
Erm. Valikorlia averages ~20 players. N-Pulse has, on average, a quarter of that.

http://statistics.graal.us/server/show/62
http://statistics.graal.us/server/show/112
N-Pulse: 8
Valikorlia: 10

..What?

Careful, thoughts and opinions here scare people.
Old 07-31-2010, 02:23 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulg0reSama View Post
N-Pulse: 8
Valikorlia: 10

..What?
You're not helping your case, lol.
Old 07-31-2010, 02:35 AM
Tranquil Serenity
Well, I checked all of the levels, and the links are all good, the x/y's are all even. The levels join together correctly and the tiles are all linked together properly throughout all the links.

Only thing I'm seeing is, that these levels are actually np_extra.nw files, and they aren't part of a gmap. I'm still confused as to what there is to do to fix this problem though, in editor all these levels are perfect. It just seems that on the OW, they are 100% glitchy.
Old 07-31-2010, 03:05 AM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
valikorlia has a unique purpose and role though
Old 07-31-2010, 03:14 AM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Crow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulg0reSama View Post
It's really hard to say considering you can't understand anything on the server if you do not speak said language. It was taken down for it being in our current condition for longer than any of the servers mentioned for longer.
Nope, was taken down on request; because we were developing fresh, new content. And eventually gave up. But it wasn't taken down for being dead
Old 07-31-2010, 04:03 AM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crow View Post
Nope, was taken down on request; because we were developing fresh, new content. And eventually gave up. But it wasn't taken down for being dead
Okay, Never really heard much about their shutdown,Thanks for clearing that up though the "taken down for being dead" comment was semi unnecessary for as I can remember it was dead when It was up but not really wanting to get into that, pretty offtopic.

Careful, thoughts and opinions here scare people.
Old 07-31-2010, 04:04 AM
Tranquil Serenity
Sorry guys, but I hate to refresh this and see no response to the problem at hand.. Please keep on topic.
Old 07-31-2010, 06:12 PM
iZone Administrator
Matt is a jewel in the roughMatt is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akira_P2P View Post
Well, I checked all of the levels, and the links are all good, the x/y's are all even. The levels join together correctly and the tiles are all linked together properly throughout all the links.

Only thing I'm seeing is, that these levels are actually np_extra.nw files, and they aren't part of a gmap. I'm still confused as to what there is to do to fix this problem though, in editor all these levels are perfect. It just seems that on the OW, they are 100% glitchy.

The same thing happened on our Debug server about 8 or so months ago. Skyld came and fixed so i will request him to take a look again for us.