Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Zone > Information
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-10-2007, 01:11 AM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkool666 View Post
No because then we'd blow our cover when catching hackers.
YES JESSE WE ARE SUCH SPIES, WE WOULD BLOW OUR COVER

Quote:
I have done slim to NOTHING wrong in Zone, there is no reason I should ever be removed from a team (assuming I keep that record), but I know of 50-100 players who would remove me from a team for a few reasons:
i) I've gotten them banned or locked them for breaking rules.
ii) They think it would be funny to bug staff.
iii) I refuse to do something which they ask of me, thus blackmail.
iv) Zone players are idiots.
Thats what I'm trying to say but obviously Gambet just said the kick system is there to kick people for whatever reason. A random n00b can be as innocent as us but still get kicked.
Old 06-10-2007, 01:39 AM
Typhoon Xanadu, Rawr.
MisterMastermind is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to MisterMastermind Send a message via MSN to MisterMastermind
Quote:
No because then we'd blow our cover when catching hackers. They won't hack unless we secretly catch them with a hidden name/look. Putting on tag would blow that cover.
You're not under cover by any circumstances. Most hackers don't care if they're locked or not for the simple fact most of them don't play zone except to hack for a laugh.
Quote:
Also, assuming I actually wanted to play, I couldn't as idiots would just rapidly kick me.
"If over half the teams wants you gone you should be gone."

Quote:
I have done slim to NOTHING wrong in Zone, there is no reason I should ever be removed from a team (assuming I keep that record), but I know of 50-100 players who would remove me from a team for a few reasons:
i) I've gotten them banned or locked them for breaking rules.
Do you know how many idiots I've killed in events? So many more than you've locked or gotten banned.
Quote:
ii) They think it would be funny to bug staff.
"LOLOLLETS KICK DA LEGEND/ELITE!"
Quote:
iii) I refuse to do something which they ask of me, thus blackmail.
"If you refuse to give me X on server X I'll kick you!!!!"
Quote:
iv) Zone players are idiots.
I'm not protected from their stupidity, and you shouldn't be either.

I believe in karma, so that I may do bad things to people and assume they deserve it.

Much love to all of the Xanadu's; Pip, BrAwLeR, Huwajux, Jo, KDS, RayP2P, Kenjaro, TripleE, Rykuz, Stoned4Life, juice188, Albi5erind, Tenchry_P2P, ryohazuki90, littlec, Snoro, MajinDragon, Allen, Spanishmafia1643, zwill, Wolfey, HitmanJ2XX, and UnknownMastermind.

Old 06-10-2007, 01:43 AM
Ex-Zone God ;)
jkool666 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to jkool666 Send a message via Yahoo to jkool666
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerami View Post
YES JESSE WE ARE SUCH SPIES, WE WOULD BLOW OUR COVER
We would, you would have to be an idiot to search for hackers with tag on. That stupid yellow dot on the radar gives us completely away, thus hackers see us coming and stop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerami View Post
Thats what I'm trying to say but obviously Gambet just said the kick system is there to kick people for whatever reason. A random n00b can be as innocent as us but still get kicked.
But not as often. We are targets because we are staff.

But I'm not arguing that innocent players won't get kicked, I'm arguing that as staff, we should have special benefits to avoid being removed by players. And I have stated several reasons as to why we would need these benefits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterMastermind View Post
You're not under cover by any circumstances. Most hackers don't care if they're locked or not for the simple fact most of them don't play zone except to hack for a laugh. "If over half the teams wants you gone you should be gone."
I have caught around, 20-50 hackers in the past 2 months. At most you have caught 2. I know more about how they act, thus I know that we would need to go *under cover* to find them.

Quote:
Do you know how many idiots I've killed in events? So many more than you've locked or gotten banned.
But if you include the ones I have killed in events, then I probably, have your number multiplied by 2 or 3. Or all the members I have in Alseus who would do it to be *funny* @ their king.
Quote:
"LOLOLLETS KICK DA LEGEND/ELITE!""If you refuse to give me X on server X I'll kick you!!!!" I'm not protected from their stupidity, and you shouldn't be either.
Yes you are, when I see them doing it, I lock them. But if I was to get removed from a map, vs you getting removed from a map, there would be a greater impact for me since I would be doing something thats actually important to the bettering of zone (as I really only go into the map when there are several hackers on).

I would like to conclude this by saying, Typhoon you don't play, thus you really can't be saying to much about any of this. You aren't effected by this rule at all. And finally, Gambet can't trust players as much as he can trust staff members. He'd trust me not to hack, WAY more then he'd trust players in general. Unfortunately I am being compared with a few other people (staff members) and you are being tied in with the players (who are complete idiots).

Last edited by jkool666; 06-10-2007 at 01:57 AM..
Old 06-10-2007, 02:10 AM
anubis_wing will become famous soon enough
I dunno, I was accused of hacking a few seconds ago...even though I don't know how.
The one guy got all the people on the other team to believe it, so with the new system I would have been booted and shamed for all eternity.
Fact is, it's way too easily to pass an unfair (or unreal) judgement of someone because of a belief. And with the new system it would be massive unfair judgement.
Old 06-10-2007, 02:16 AM
Typhoon Xanadu, Rawr.
Send a message via AIM to MisterMastermind Send a message via MSN to MisterMastermind
Quote:
But I'm not arguing that innocent players won't get kicked, I'm arguing that as staff, we should have special benefits to avoid being removed by players. And I have stated several reasons as to why we would need these benefits.
And I responded to each of those "reasons" how it would effect me.
Quote:
I have caught around, 20-50 hackers in the past 2 months. At most you have caught 2. I know more about how they act, thus I know that we would need to go *under cover* to find them.
Then you can risk being kicked. If there is a hacker on the other team they would WANT you there, and if this does what it's supposed to you won't be needed to look for hackers on the PK zone.
Quote:
But if you include the ones I have killed in events, then I probably, have your number multiplied by 2 or 3. Or all the members I have in Alseus who would do it to be *funny* @ their king.
No, you maybe have a third of the ones I've pk'd. There's also the fact you can fight back with a /kick or an /unstick, while players can't.

Quote:
Yes you are, when I see them doing it, I lock them. But if I was to get removed from a map, vs you getting removed from a map, there would be a greater impact for me since I would be doing something thats actually important to the bettering of zone (as I really only go into the map when there are several hackers on).
Go on tag then. While you're offtag you should have the same rights and status as a player.
Quote:
I would like to conclude this by saying, Typhoon you don't play, thus you really can't be saying to much about any of this. You aren't effected by this rule at all. And finally, Gambet can't trust players as much as he can trust staff members. He'd trust me not to hack, WAY more then he'd trust players in general. Unfortunately I am being compared with a few other people (staff members) and you are being tied in with the players (who are complete idiots).
You don't play much either, and I've played more than you have so this DOES affect me. When the vista problems are hopefully fixed in the next update I will play again, and I don't wish to come back to constant kicking because I'm a legend. The fact staff are trusted more has become clear, one of you can kick unlimited amount of us, while it takes at least half of us to attempt to kick you. Honestly, no you're not being tied in with the rest of them, I don't think ANYONE should be exempt from a vote kick.

I believe in karma, so that I may do bad things to people and assume they deserve it.

Much love to all of the Xanadu's; Pip, BrAwLeR, Huwajux, Jo, KDS, RayP2P, Kenjaro, TripleE, Rykuz, Stoned4Life, juice188, Albi5erind, Tenchry_P2P, ryohazuki90, littlec, Snoro, MajinDragon, Allen, Spanishmafia1643, zwill, Wolfey, HitmanJ2XX, and UnknownMastermind.

Old 06-10-2007, 02:16 AM
Ex-Zone God ;)
Quote:
Originally Posted by anubis_wing View Post
I dunno, I was accused of hacking a few seconds ago...even though I don't know how.
The one guy got all the people on the other team to believe it, so with the new system I would have been booted and shamed for all eternity.
Fact is, it's way too easily to pass an unfair (or unreal) judgement of someone because of a belief. And with the new system it would be massive unfair judgement.
I'm not arguing that players won't be abused, but I'm saying if their abused, it won't cause hackers to run free. If players are abused I would gladly deal with the problem. But how do you want me to deal with the problem if I'm being removed by the same players?

Quote:
And I responded to each of those "reasons" how it would effect me.
My reasons were each staff related. And just because you responded doesn't make you right.

Quote:
Then you can risk being kicked. If there is a hacker on the other team they would WANT you there, and if this does what it's supposed to you won't be needed to look for hackers on the PK zone.
I don't think you quite understand. I log on to catch a hacker, a few players think it will be funny to prevent me from doing this. So they remove me from a map. While focusing on removing me, the hacker goes unnoticed.
Quote:
No, you maybe have a third of the ones I've pk'd. There's also the fact you can fight back with a /kick or an /unstick, while players can't.
This is opinion based so we can't argue about it.
Quote:
Go on tag then. While you're offtag you should have the same rights and status as a player.
Nope. Even off tag I'm still a staff member and have more rights then a player. Heck the fact that I can say /tag and an events icon pops up proves you wrong.
Quote:
You don't play much either, and I've played more than you have so this DOES affect me. When the vista problems are hopefully fixed in the next update I will play again, and I don't wish to come back to constant kicking because I'm a legend.
I play more then you, and the bold'd text is in past tense .

Lol, it occurs to me you say most of this out of spite of you not being staff when we hired new events team members.
Old 06-10-2007, 02:18 AM
anubis_wing will become famous soon enough
I don't understand that sentence.
Old 06-10-2007, 02:18 AM
Typhoon Xanadu, Rawr.
Quote:
I'm not arguing that players won't be abused, but I'm saying if their abused, it won't cause hackers to run free. If players are abused I would gladly deal with the problem. But how do you want me to deal with the problem if I'm being removed by the same players?
You can /kick /lock and /unstick from the dropship, you can also tag up and go in without a CHANCE of being kicked. While you're playing AS A PLAYER you should have the same rights as EVERY OTHER PLAYER.

Old 06-10-2007, 02:36 AM
Ex-Zone God ;)
Quote:
You can /kick /lock and /unstick from the dropship, you can also tag up and go in without a CHANCE of being kicked. While you're playing AS A PLAYER you should have the same rights as EVERY OTHER PLAYER.
Did you miss the part about me saying you can't catch hackers with tag on? The smart hackers see that yellow dot and stop. I can't prove them guilty unless I catch them doing something wrong.
Old 06-10-2007, 04:43 AM
Exiled to the Forums
quintin1992 is an unknown quantity at this point
Either way guys, we need something to happen about hackers when the ET s are not on. Getting killed by a ****ing crossbow hacking wall walker sucks.
EVEN IF! the system gets abused, it will at least lock some of the hackers. "To make an omlette, you must break eggs!" -Some chinesse saying or something. ANYWAY just give the system a 1 week trial, and if it doesnt work, get rid of it or make it better. Besides using the V.K.S., set script that sends a notice to zone server when a weapon fires faster than it should, or if energy isnt used up after being used for energy costing weapons. Same thing for going on walls and such. Set script so that if zone server does not find jetpack in the persons inventory it kicks em. This way hackers would automaticly be kicked, so no inncocents get hurt!

The Orange Box-vs-Zone Gold Box You Decide!
Things Deh Panda Heard
"Meh" -Saph
Taken out by request It was true though!!!
"Puppyyyyyy Power!!!" -Puppy (not really, but i wish he would)
"I've never had as much fun as when I saw Ben Stiller throw a kid off a bridge" -PandaQ
Enemies
Ben Stiller (He killed a panda, then wore it's head)
Az (He knows why, I know why, but we both forgot.)

Deh bestest Were Pandas ever! (I think)
* Puppy * SuperCornGuy * Knighmare1 * Minomato * Drift * Leoxx * Icy * CrimsonDragon * Mutantzombies * tracker180 * Gecko *
Old 06-11-2007, 10:46 AM
hi
someonesomewhere is on a distinguished road
Make yourselves have "staff rights" with the Zone Staff tag on if you're tracking a hacker. Otherwise you just leave the tag off.

It's as simple as that, no need to ***** about it.
Old 06-11-2007, 04:37 PM
Gambet is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Googi View Post
If the idea is that if half the team wants someone out, they should be out and it doesn't matter why half the team wants them out, then I don't see what these "obvious reasons" are besides staff just not wanting to get kicked.

With the exception of staff.

It was Stefan's idea to protect the entire staff team and I can see perfectly why. This is not debatable.
Old 06-11-2007, 05:39 PM
Zone Oracle
Huwajux will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Huwajux Send a message via MSN to Huwajux
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gambet View Post
No powers were handed down to Huwajux. He doesn't have the power to do anything except the regular ET stuff. He has rights to his own folder to upload the gani's he makes and so forth, but Vulcan didn't hand down any 'power' to him. Vulcan just disappeared and comes back every once in a blue moon.
It basically went like this.

"Would it be ok to have my rights now?" - Huwajux
"Yes. Would be possible to do that." - Stefan

He got around to adding my RC and my own folder but when I brought up the other stuff he says the same thing but never gets around to doing it.

But then we got debug uploaded and I have access rights to that so it's ok I guess, since debug stuff will be uploaded to Zone when there are lots of small things added (Weapons) and/or large projects are finished (My wonderful new spar dropship which is coming along very well. And thanks to Stefan for fixing the lighting bug!). I wasn't really fussed about banning rights but then the big wave of hackers came along and using Gambet as a banning tool is a very, very slow process. However, my would-be job has been taken over by the evil admin control machine!
Old 06-11-2007, 07:03 PM
Typhoon Xanadu, Rawr.
Quote:
Did you miss the part about me saying you can't catch hackers with tag on? The smart hackers see that yellow dot and stop. I can't prove them guilty unless I catch them doing something wrong.
Log on a trial and find the hacker, then use your staff account to lock it. Worked for me, should work for you.

Old 06-11-2007, 10:43 PM
Führer Glazey
dude2020 is a jewel in the roughdude2020 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Log on a trial and find the hacker, then use your staff account to lock it. Worked for me, should work for you.
He does that, but i usally find him with dumb emo account names