Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > PlayerWorlds Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-08-2010, 12:38 AM
One More Time
MrOmega is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to MrOmega Send a message via MSN to MrOmega Send a message via Yahoo to MrOmega
That may be why, try v5.1 and tell me if the same thing happens?
Old 10-08-2010, 05:37 PM
One More Time
Send a message via AIM to MrOmega Send a message via MSN to MrOmega Send a message via Yahoo to MrOmega
New Qmenu

Well, I finally got around to doing the Qmenu to replace the temp one I set up. Tell me what you think

Description.
Single click either to equip/unequip item
Drag outside qmenu window to drop item for other players.
Move your mouse over any object to Get a detailed descript about the item.
Instant update on any action done with the qmenu, without using a timeout. (Lagless pretty much)

Also, since a new qmenu is done, I went ahead and redid the shop system somewhat. There is now a sell button, intergrates better with the gameplay than the previous way to sell items.

On a sidenote, I have gone through and updated all of Varia to work/look good when using v5.3. I've played through my entire content, (took roughly hour and 15 mins) and it worked flawless for me. I would like some players to do the same and tell me if they run into any bugs/issues. Thank you.

Dungeon Update: Dungeon is nearing completion, I have to guesstimate about another week of work, and it will be done. Currently, player can get the items Stick, Bomb, Boomerrang in this dungeon. The Bomb Devil (Miniboss) is working completely automated and seems to run fine. The chest after beating him is working correctly, when it gives the players the bomb bag. "Broken Walls" are working correctly when exploded and are saved when you reconnect.*

*Sometimes after blowing up a wall going to left or right, it draws completely over player and looks very anti-astetic. Working on this.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Qmenu Demo.png
Views:	137
Size:	53.9 KB
ID:	51806   Click image for larger version

Name:	Shop Demo.png
Views:	132
Size:	43.8 KB
ID:	51807  

Last edited by MrOmega; 10-08-2010 at 11:53 PM..
Old 10-09-2010, 03:35 AM
the KattMan
MattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to MattKan
Varia is very nice. I really like the levels, and I like the HUDs...It's also nice to hear music, which is something that is overlooked by most servers this way. I can't wait to see more!
Old 10-09-2010, 03:57 PM
Classic Developer
Cosss will become famous soon enough
I believe I already told you that the ganis lag/are unresponsive and the enemy combat is very "annoying". Perhaps because they are serverside? Well maybe keep that off until you get a bigger playercount or expiriment with it a bit.
Old 10-09-2010, 08:25 PM
One More Time
Can you explain the gani issue a bit more, maybe take a video? And I'm working on a new baddie system that should fix the current ones problem.
Old 10-09-2010, 09:30 PM
Classic Developer
The ganis- lifting up bushes and rocks mostly- I will make a video today showing.
Old 10-09-2010, 10:17 PM
One More Time
I redid the lift gani a little, any better?
Old 10-10-2010, 01:40 AM
Classic Developer
I'll check it out
Old 10-10-2010, 01:43 AM
Classic Developer
The ****? My account reset

Anyway the gani is improved greatly minus I sometimes grab into air
Old 10-10-2010, 01:56 AM
RIP DarkCloud_PK
maximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond repute
Lift gani is so much better but the issues with the A button I have been talking about still annoy the hell out of me, and I feel that it needs to be changed to behave like the default system. If I hold the A button for slightly longer then I should, I throw the bush. How I feel like it should act is A picks it up, holding it will keep you in your position (allowing you to maybe turn), and releasing it tosses it, or maybe even pressing A again tosses it.
Old 10-10-2010, 04:22 AM
One More Time
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosss View Post
The ****? My account reset
Sorry, added some new features so accounts needed to be reset for everything to function properly

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus_asinus View Post
Lift gani is so much better but the issues with the A button I have been talking about still annoy the hell out of me, and I feel that it needs to be changed to behave like the default system. If I hold the A button for slightly longer then I should, I throw the bush. How I feel like it should act is A picks it up, holding it will keep you in your position (allowing you to maybe turn), and releasing it tosses it, or maybe even pressing A again tosses it.
Can be done, I'll work on this right now. What were the other issues with A?
Old 10-10-2010, 04:29 AM
RIP DarkCloud_PK
maximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOmega View Post
Sorry, added some new features so accounts needed to be reset for everything to function properly

Can be done, I'll work on this right now. What were the other issues with A?
I don't like it for opening doors, since server delay can cause it to open seconds after you try to open it.
Old 10-10-2010, 04:38 AM
One More Time
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus_asinus View Post
I don't like it for opening doors, since server delay can cause it to open seconds after you try to open it.
ok, fixed the grabbing and throwing thing, you now have to release A and push it again to throw whatever you're holding. I think I know a fix for the door thing.

edit: Fixed the doors

Last edited by MrOmega; 10-10-2010 at 05:10 AM..
Old 10-10-2010, 12:08 PM
Deas
Deas_Voice is a jewel in the roughDeas_Voice is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Deas_Voice Send a message via MSN to Deas_Voice Send a message via Yahoo to Deas_Voice
the doors seems sorta sensitive about how you grab them.. sometimes when you grab it, it doesn't open

e: i noticed that smoke etc was on, even thought i disabled them on F3, perhaps you could add that?
PHP Code:
//if u did not know about these, here! :)
lighteffectsenabled boolean
particleeffectsenabled 
boolean
weathereffectsenabled 
boolean 
since 2003~
I Support~
ღAeonღ | ღTestbedღ | ღDelteriaღ

if you are going to rep me, don't be an idiot, leave your name!
I got nothing but love for you
Old 10-10-2010, 01:07 PM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deas_Voice View Post
e: i noticed that smoke etc was on, even thought i disabled them on F3, perhaps you could add that?
^ Why 95% of all servers suck.

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto