Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Graal Kingdoms
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

View Poll Results: Should Tigairius be a Administrator?
Tigairius should be Admin 40 76.92%
I Disagree... because (state below) 12 23.08%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-29-2007, 07:46 PM
OOB
dNeonb is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to dNeonb Send a message via AIM to dNeonb Send a message via Yahoo to dNeonb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigairius View Post
I am one of the most well-known scripters on Graal.
This is true and this is why he is developer else he wouldn't be.

Forum PM
AIM GraalNeoN
ICQ 201894166
Old 11-29-2007, 08:17 PM
GP Asst. Admin
FenixTheBanished is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to FenixTheBanished
Quote:
Originally Posted by DraxxTeazok View Post
i have given you tons of my ideas for a great fishing system, bug catching, farming with animals, a pet job system, new monsters and drops, custom kingdom hair clothing and gear, sounds and animals of nature, a gift giving mail system, wild plant/fungus gathering guide, custom home furnishings, i can go on and on, but the fact is none of them, not one has been implimented

not once have you even taken the time to learn from me
even when alarid made custom kingdom clothing ideas, and new monsters, you ignored him until he quit, now he laughs at you and talks about how your doomed, and im willing to bet hes right

now im stuck doing GFX and being ignored alone again

you want people to actually believe you work hard? then hire some staff, hire some scripters and GFX, hire Tig for a start, and get to work on this games content (note that doesn't include anymore useless ugly items or blank islands) i mean REAL content.

Please respond to that. Its all factual and you can not deny it.

Now please respond to this also posted by Ravenblade, whom is staff of multiple servers and highly respected.

Quote:
I think its time to listen to the GK populous. Only so much can be done on debug. Especially when 96 (percent) of the people on there are only on for their kingdom. Tig is a good scripter but can only do so much. Me I am a mediocre LAT at best. We need more for the dev teams. We need specified dev team..not zormite or CP but GK itself. It can be Tig on that team as well as some other people.

Theres a first step to take Bjorn. How about getting a dev team specified on improving GK more by fixing bugs, adding monsters etc.

Thanks.

Last edited by FenixTheBanished; 11-29-2007 at 08:30 PM..
Old 11-29-2007, 08:25 PM
The Cat
Tigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant future
Draxx you have a lot of good ideas, after I finish my current projects I will talk to Björn and Stefan about if I can do some of them, and see if I can get some of those done, like a herbalism job, and stuff. Also may start working on a quest system to get people to use their skills, like "Please, go charm 10 monsters and return to me" so people will have to use oratory and singing, may make leveling a bit more fun.

“Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.”
Old 11-29-2007, 08:36 PM
GP Asst. Admin
FenixTheBanished is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to FenixTheBanished
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigairius View Post
Draxx you have a lot of good ideas, after I finish my current projects I will talk to Björn and Stefan about if I can do some of them, and see if I can get some of those done, like a herbalism job, and stuff. Also may start working on a quest system to get people to use their skills, like "Please, go charm 10 monsters and return to me" so people will have to use oratory and singing, may make leveling a bit more fun.
Also something that could be good for noobs is quests that will reward them some basic gear.
Old 11-29-2007, 08:39 PM
The Cat
Tigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenixTheBanished View Post
Also something that could be good for noobs is quests that will reward them some basic gear.
Yes, simple quests like "please take this letter to ____ in Eastern Bomboria"

“Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.”
Old 11-29-2007, 08:42 PM
OOB
dNeonb is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to dNeonb Send a message via AIM to dNeonb Send a message via Yahoo to dNeonb
Quote:
Please respond to that. Its all factual and you can not deny it.
Why should I, he wrote it but I don't quote from a post where someone clearly insults other people.

But your comprehension of that, well ok. To answer it quite shortly.
He might gave me ideas, but did he ever try to realize one of them? Yes, I remember one quite good actually. But everything else he wanted me to do even I didn't like it. He could have taken the opportunity and said I manage it and get a crew to help him. I even told him that I did like some of the ideas and I also supported some myself. For example the fishing system. But after Contiga he left Draxx did nothing except waiting for a wonder finishing the source code while painting on the fishes. Just that about the ideas.

Alarid is quite a bad example you did pick because he was payed for these gfx. They have been for projects from unixmad and stefan. Some of these things were only sketches, and tell me how I should have the right to tell him to finish these and spend the money of unixmad? If you want to try to explain him fine, but not me.

The king of forest is stuck doing pixle art, I suggest to manage your debug crew to help you. I got to hear from Fenix that he wants to be on the team but this is only a rumor. You never requested him to get debug access to me or even confirmed what he told me. - But sure, point everything to me so it's not the fault of someone else.

I never said I work hard, you just did. Oh, hire staff... wait. Isn't Tig hired for weeks? Well, nice that you noticed it now after you read this.

Raven, I don't think you even know Tig has NC on Debug and can do quite a lot things.

Quote:
Thanks.
Please, but next time let him point out his things by himself in a clean post without insulting people.

Forum PM
AIM GraalNeoN
ICQ 201894166
Old 11-29-2007, 09:11 PM
Dark Ravenblade
Ravenblade1979 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Ravenblade1979
Oh yeah I heard about that.
Old 11-29-2007, 09:46 PM
Duergar
ViperZakuto is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by dNeonb View Post
I can not remember such a proposition at all. But when talking about 2/3 of GK you are talking about something on forums I assume because there wouldn't have been a way to do that on GK. So only say 2/3 of the people who are active on the gk forums and not of the GK players.
If I would treat people that way a few would be banned which they are not. This is just defamation and nothing else. If you have nothing better than defamations to support your opinion I really do feel sorry for you.
You don't remember it because it was never on the forums. The queen of Forest at the time(not mentioning any names) made her own forums and we made a thread to present to Stefan. There was about 2/3 of the GK community on that thread post. Not just this forum community. She got scared and deleted the thread off of HER forums.
Old 11-29-2007, 11:03 PM
A Serious Epidemic
Googi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Googi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laek2007
Obviously someone is.
My post is a slight exaggeration, since a few people have mentioned it, but the main point is that the replacement of Bjorn is not an aim of this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenblade1979
Only so much can be done on debug.
Actually, quite a bit can be done on debug compared to being an admin on 2K2, seeing as I have yet to see someone come up with a valid explanation of how making Tig an admin would allow for more or faster updates. The way things are now, Tig has to make an update, test it on debug and submit it to Stefan for approval. If he were an admin on the main server, he would have to make an update, test it on debug and submit it to Stefan for approval.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenblade1979
We need more for the dev teams. We need specified dev team..not zormite or CP but GK itself. It can be Tig on that team as well as some other people.
But Bjorn is already willing to hire people who can dev.
Old 11-29-2007, 11:18 PM
The Blackswan
pooper200000 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to pooper200000
Quote:
Now please respond to this also posted by Ravenblade, whom is staff of multiple servers and highly respected.
*Snickers*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Googi View Post
My post is a slight exaggeration, since a few people have mentioned it, but the main point is that the replacement of Bjorn is not an aim of this thread.
Actually, quite a bit can be done on debug compared to being an admin on 2K2, seeing as I have yet to see someone come up with a valid explanation of how making Tig an admin would allow for more or faster updates. The way things are now, Tig has to make an update, test it on debug and submit it to Stefan for approval. If he were an admin on the main server, he would have to make an update, test it on debug and submit it to Stefan for approval.
But Bjorn is already willing to hire people who can dev.
Ok I have a question I like Tig he seems like a reasonable person but Googi is right. If he already has a debug NC wouldn't he already be working on projects? So shouldn't Stefan make the decision anyway you can say you support him but what has Tig done and what has Bjorn done? Bjorn manages to the extent of his abilities but Tig has to prove to Stefan with exceptional work that he should be admin. What can Tig do that Bjorn himself is not already doing? Wouldn't he become too bogged down with work to manage anyway?
Old 11-29-2007, 11:26 PM
Duergar
ViperZakuto is an unknown quantity at this point
the thing is... Bjorn doesn't really present much to stefan. If he doesn't like the idea... then no discussion is done with stefan. Bjorn doesn't really know what is best for gk. Tig knows more of what is best for gk because he has played it for so long.
Old 11-29-2007, 11:30 PM
The Blackswan
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperZakuto View Post
the thing is... Bjorn doesn't really present much to stefan. If he doesn't like the idea... then no discussion is done with stefan. Bjorn doesn't really know what is best for gk. Tig knows more of what is best for gk because he has played it for so long.
Well yes but he still has to go through the exact same processes. It's not as much Bjorn slowing the system down its someone else. (Doesn't look at Dev workers) Dont get me wrong I respect this person but perhaps a new "Okay-er" is needed? Work is always submitted "Okaying" is the problem and Tig isn't going to magicly change that I don't think..
Old 11-29-2007, 11:38 PM
A Serious Epidemic
Googi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Googi
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperZakuto View Post
But Tig doesn't have to go through Bjorn to get to Stefan. Unless it's something like Stefan not trusting opinions that don't come from Bjorn, which isn't something that's addressed by changing Tig's staff-rank.
Old 11-30-2007, 12:17 AM
Shamed Zorbi
CABAL49 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to CABAL49
Googi has probably kept more new people playing Kingdoms than any other player. I personally beleive that Googi is an intelligent person and in no ways are his opinion invalid.

An idea I have which I believe would help Graal as a whole, would be if someone would teach others how to actually develop. I know there are guides floating around online, but I mean interactive.
What logical reason is there to implement your view of right/wrong?
Old 11-30-2007, 12:26 AM
The Blackswan
how about this...?
Googi = Ideas for Tig + GfX'ers
Tig = Script them
Bjorn = Get stefan to add them.