Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Classic Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-14-2009, 04:39 PM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow87 View Post
So this should be done already, the answer to the debate, to this whole issue, is the amount of GCs that host the monthly. That is something you need to work out within GC, clearly.
Clearly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Month Hosted By 4 GC's

Qualifying Rounds

Night's Qualifying Rounds
  • 2k vs. *Myself - 2k won by 3hp.
  • Squirt vs. Shannon - Squirt won by 4hp.
  • Shannon vs. PH@NTOM - PH@NTOM won by 5hp.
  • Ikari vs. Marvel - Ikari won by 3 hp.

Luda's Qualifying Rounds
  • Crono vs. Cody - Crono won by 3hp.
  • Cody vs. Xaphan - Cody won by 1hp.
  • *Myself vs. Thor - Myself won by 4hp.
  • Frostbite vs. Midi - Frostbite won by 1 hp.

Mystic's Qualifying Rounds
  • Ares vs. Shannon - Ares won by 2hp.
  • Hero vs. Laura - Hero won by 2hp.
  • Xaphan vs. Jade - Xaphan won by 3hp.
  • Door vs. Jade - Door won by 3hp.

Death's Qualifying Rounds
  • Gemini vs. Rufus - Gemini won by 1hp.
  • Skyzer vs. Rufus - Skyzer won by 1hp.
  • Rufus vs. Shannon - Rufus won by 4hp.
  • Thor vs. Sam - Thor won by 2hp.

Old 04-14-2009, 04:39 PM
Banned
Shadow87 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Send a message via AIM to Shadow87
One more thing to add on, Mystic, you are fighting hard for these outer server players, but let me to make this even more put in stone so it ends.

Classic has a way of doing things, we don't change what we do for other players, especially ones who don't play our servers. So think about it this way, do they change their ways for us? If i log onto UN, would they tell me that i have to put spar tourney in my nick to enter? No, i have to realize it on the player list, and that's their way of doing that. We are pretty simple, and if they cant figure it out, then they are probably an idiot.

No server should change how they host events, what they do, procedure, shouldn't change just because a player or two complains because they didnt get a fair chance, too bad, piss off go back to UN, sorry but its true, no one there would be complaining on our behalf if we went there.
Old 04-14-2009, 04:42 PM
Banned
Okay? Nice way to be an idiot Rufus. And also thank you for ruining both our closing statements, way to fuel the rest of the fire with something as dumb as that.

Great so you showed with more GCs, not only could jade, shannon and yourself get in more because you couldn't win the first time, but a lot of other players were able to enter!!

See, point made again, thanks Rufus.

So again, more GCs, more chances for everyone.

-Let me also point out, that there is only 16 winners there, so that either isn't a real monthly, or it flopped. Thus should not be counting towards this. Again...Idiot. Show us a real monthly chart
-Also to point out a funny aspect of that chart..Rufus and Jade and Shannon had some chances, both could not win a spar, but Rufus ended up getting in eventually by beating Shannon...LOL

-Another edit, aren't Jade and Shannon the same person? Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 04-14-2009, 04:44 PM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Quote:
Okay? Nice way to be an idiot Rufus. And also thank you for ruining both our closing statements, way to fuel the rest of the fire with something as dumb as that. Great so you showed with more GCs, not only could jade and yourself get in more because you couldn't win the first time, but a lot of other players were able to enter!!
Don't see how my post is a closing statement, your post is misinformed. Jade entered last month's tournament six times and I was allowed to enter three times. Having more Game Coordinator's online does not solve the problem that Mystic was talking about.

Quote:
-Let me also point out, that there is only 16 winners there, so that either isn't a real monthly, or it flopped. Thus should not be counting towards this. Again...Idiot. Show us a real monthly chart
There's 16 this month too, does that mean this month was also not a "real" monthly?
Old 04-14-2009, 04:51 PM
Banned
And there were only 2 GCs on, and i was the one who got the most chances, just me.

and 4 GCs could have done 32 man, 2 GCs probably would have more problems with it.

So if this was a 16 man this month, then no, it was not a real monthly. Go read the definition of the Classic monthly spar tourney and you tell me what it says.
I have the real one so don't go making it up, GC trivia guide is very helpful.

As i said before and ill say again, it IS the problem, even with just 16 man, 4 GCs hosted it, more people got more chances, not just one.

Just realize that Rufus is now fueling the fire with very stupid statements, clearly the problem are the amount of GCs to host it, and the fact that the monthly is being hosted without even the correct amount of players on to play in it.

Thats something i did just realize though, player count plays a big part. If you cant get the 32, shouldnt host it, skip the month i dont know, but ya. If its gonna be hosted with 16 people then Mystic shouldnt even have been complaining in the first place.
Old 04-14-2009, 04:56 PM
Quote:
And there were only 2 GCs on, and i was the one who got the most chances, just me.
Quote:
More GCs hosting = less chance i get of getting in, because ill be busy in another spar while they are hosting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
Jade entered last month's tournament six times and I was allowed to enter three times. Having more Game Coordinator's online does not solve the problem that Mystic was talking about.
Quote:
Right

Quote:
Go read the definition of the Classic monthly spar tourney and you tell me what it says.
I have the real one so don't go making it up, GC trivia guide is very helpful.
Lmao.. what? Now they're not even hosting real monthly tournaments, even though you said earlier this is how things are on Classic? Even though Night is online for each nearly every single month, and has been doing this for years, the monthly is no longer real. Seemingly you cannot keep up with what even you're saying yourself, so yeah, this one is going to be my closing statement
Old 04-14-2009, 05:10 PM
Cetellic is on a distinguished road
You guys are stupid, Kia says something negative about the monthly and it gets retarded from there... I never really liked the way the monthly went myself but it's not like we have a dominant say in how the monthly is ran, so pls stfu.

And Gladius/Mystic, honestly I've been waiting for you guys to grow up and get to the point where you can put a stop to the endless arguments yourself instead of waiting for the other person, I've been saying from the beginning that discussions aren't going to go anywhere with peeps being held up on pride all day, and if you can't fix it just stfu and don't bother in the first place cause you holding us back.
Old 04-14-2009, 05:16 PM
lol?
Gotenks_Gore is on a distinguished road
clel your no fun anymore
Old 04-14-2009, 05:44 PM
Banned
No Rufus i just think you can't understand anything anyone has to say unless you say it yourself.

Firstly, no Night is not on for every monthly ill say that right there.
Secondly, I said classic does not have to change its ways for other server players, its never had to change.
Third, Skipping a monthly, is not the same as changing what classic does, if you cannot get 32 players to play the monthly, and you only have 16 players who are sparring, then its just a 16 man spar tourney. A monthly is 32 players, that's not what we had, so its not a monthly. I didn't realize we did not have 32, so you need to learn to read better, maybe go back and take a class or something.
And ill say it again, yes i had the most chances to spar because only 2 GCs were hosting and I pretty much know where anything is on classic and I'm fast at typing so it is not hard for me to keep getting a chance. If there were more GCs on to host with 32 players, it would not go down like that. For players who complain that they could not get a chance, well I'm sorry you are most likely an idiot.

So ill say it again people, Rufus is adding fuel to the fire, ignore it, hes just being a woman like usual. This is over, we know the problem, its up to the GCs to fix it and thats that.
Old 04-14-2009, 07:05 PM
Gladius
BlackSolider will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to BlackSolider
Looking at APRIL'S monthly, we had a playercount of about 40. I'd guesstimate that we had about 25-30 people who were really trying to get into the tournament. Maybe even more, idk. IF we had more GCs online for THIS past monthly, the odds are that players would have been involved in a spar and thus not able to enter another GC's spar.

Looking at rufus' example, clearly that problem still exists if we only have 20 or less people trying to enter. I don't know the playercount from the time of the monthly and I can't guess why jade/shannon got into so many of the same GC's spars. I am concluding that not enough people were trying to get in, and thus the same person was able to keep getting into spars despite 4 GCs hosting.

Thus, IF we had a similar 40+ playercount like in april and IF we had 4 gcs online like other monthlys, this problem is LESS LIKELY (notice I didn't say it wouldn't) to happen.

That is what I conclude from this page at first glance.

@ clel.

It seems kind of rude to cut someone off, doesn't it? These arguments are pointless since neither side is going to budge; the only way something comes out of it is enough people care about the subject to pick sides and get something changed or keep something the same.

Edit: And at least we're arguing over something involving classic, rather than a pointless opinionated argument about who was more historically important between stalin and gandhi (stalin was, btw.)
Old 04-14-2009, 09:41 PM
Prince
MysticX2X will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSolider View Post
You're right mystic. You're absolutely right. After all these posts I finally get it.

It IS the Classic Monthly Sparring tournament, isn't it?

And the people who won a qualifying spar got into the tournament, right?

So when the foreigners don't win a qualifying spar, THEY DON'T GET IN THE MOTHER ****ING TOURNAMENT. Go figure. Guess you weren't right after all, as usual.

So before I even ****ing continue, we've already stated that we host 8 summon spars, right?
Holy ****, you get so redundant, and I hate having to be redundant myself.

Quote:
So tell me, how many summon spars can a person pm a GC to get into? I'll answer my own ****ing question. It's ****ing eight. That means each person has a minimum eight chances to get in, regardless of what server they came from. No, UNers aren't going to know where our sparring arenas are. No, UNers might not be ready for the harsh reality that is having the pre-mass pm ready. So? Not our ****ing problem. If you come to our server, you better adjust to our ways if you want to get in the tournament. Not the other way around. Era doesn't expect switch their sparring tournaments into swords (or equivalent) only just b/c some classicians show up. Hell no. When you visit another country, you adjust to their rules and ways. Sure, they try to accommodate for you a bit (hence why we don't have 16 location spars,) but that has limits. Singapore, for instance, fines people for spitting gum in public. If an American comes over and spits his gum somewhere in Singapore, they don't ****ing change the laws just b/c hes not from Singapore. Hell ****ing no.
Again, why are we debating whether or not how fast somebody pms in? All I was saying is that Tatsumi had one too many chances and it cut some people off from participating. Hell there were a lot of people cut off more than the chances Tatsumi had. It was competitive to get in any summon/location spar, but doesnt mean someone should deny 3 people the chance of even playing. The whole qualification round is stupid, but then again you can't get 32 so it does have its uses. Wow I'm repeating myself again. I'll also repeat myself when I say the qualification rounds is supposed to weed sparrers out and the reason why people get more than one hcance is simply because we don't have enough to keep one player to a chance. We do however have enough people to keep one player from not having 4 chances. Please understand this fact. Stop debating about how fast a foregienr can pm because this isn't my point at all. Of course it's a "you snooze you lose" sort of situation, but if you lose 3 times, you really shouldn't be in the tourney. I don't give a damn who you think is good or not, 3 chances is a lot. You don't get 3 chances if you murdered somebody. You don't get 3 chances if you ****ed something up at work. You dont get 3 chances for much of anything, including tournaments.

Quote:
Back to classic. Duda its not that hard. Everyone has a minimum 8 chances to get in. If you don't get in, you can't win the tournament. Simple concept. Why should foreigners be on par with classicians? Because thats somehow "fairer"? People who have played in our spar tournaments before will know to have a PM ready. People who have played our server before will know where some of our spar locations are. You can't get around that. People who have done it before will have an advantage. It's called experience. Pros will always have an edge over rookies. Why are you trying to nullify the advantages people have gained by spending time on our server? "Hey thanks for spending 2k hours here but pretend to not know were supernicks spar is so this foreigner has a fair chance." Is that really what you want to tell people? "Yo don't have a pm ready for when I mass b/c these guys don't know to do that." Seriously man?
Same point as above. The debate isn't about the persistence of our home field players. It's about the fact that having too many chances in a spar tourney is absurd. I've already explained the point of qualifications, why I am debating about this so suddenly, and everything. You make the same posts about the same ****. You find no rational at all. You and your Classic Nationalist views is getting a bit irritating. We're trying to cater to all players, and not just only Classic. Would Classic players have a huge problem if they weren't allowed 4 chances? I don't see why not. You clearly shouldn't be in the tournament if you had to lose 3 times in a row.

Quote:
To get into a tournament, you have to earn your way in. It's never going to be "completely fair" to outsiders simply because they aren't used to our HD while people here might be. Should we use UN's HD to make it more fair to them? No. People who have played here deserve to have some sort of edge. And they do. They know how it works. It's not their fault that foreigners don't know how it works. Don't punish the people who know simply because a few random ppl don't. It's not fair to the people of classic.
Again, it's not about the damn persistence.

And people do believe default should be restored. It's been a widely considered idea. Where are you getting at with this? Pulling out more random bs as usual?

Quote:
(Ps: at college basketball example. Remind me the last time when North Carolina played a different amount of games as Gonzaga. Oh wait, they didn't. Thus they had the same number of chances to earn their way into the big dance.)
Remind me when a team had to call the organization officials first to get their 2nd or 3rd or 4th chance and have those other teams get left out if they were a bit slower. That example is horrible

@The march monthly results: LOL, I didn't even realize Jade had 6 chances.(Lol at not winning any one of them) But then again I dont believe the march monthly was as populated as April's. I probably wouldn't of even took notice to Tatsumi's 4 chances if I didn't get about 3-4 complaints of people not getting in and that Tats had one too many chances.

E: Gandhi was a civil rights leader, stalin was a dictator. That is not comparable you idiot. Gandhi for most influential.

former acc: mystic2k

RIP Matt (NBK)
Old 04-14-2009, 09:57 PM
Luda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Luda
holy **** shut up
Old 04-14-2009, 10:42 PM
lol?
Gotenks_Gore is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luda View Post
holy **** shut up
i agree
Old 04-14-2009, 11:08 PM
Classic FAQ
xnervNATx will become famous soon enough
wow GET THAT TO THE GC BOARD , no one here care about all your **** debate
Old 04-14-2009, 11:09 PM
Cetellic is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSolider View Post
the only way something comes out of it is enough people care about the subject to pick sides and get something changed or keep something the same.
The point is no one really cares that much about this junk, and even so you guys should be taking it to Night.