Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-04-2014, 06:37 PM
Posting The Truth
Supaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim_Rocks View Post
ideas from the players who actually pk and raid everyday.
Exactly the point.

You clearly didn't even read my post, the concept wasn't my own it was made by a group of players who are the best in these particular fields. And you just suggested random ideas that completely ignore some of the critical points of the whole idea. Top players becoming captains is a major part of the incentives of actively participating, and allows anyone their chance to lead -- without requiring GBA friendship or 300k. "Hey let's just ****ing vote on it hurdur"

You never listen to players, literally every single player that has posted on the other thread has asked to not have to use a cheap chat command to remove your 'little bigger colorful' inventory every single time they log-in.

And you're not listening to me now, you're just doing whatever you want as usual.. which will lead to asking Fiber what he thinks about something beyond his range (since he can't PK/Lead either). Resulting in a system with a billion knobs that have nothing to do with gangs.
Old 05-04-2014, 06:57 PM
a true gentlemen
Tim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supaman771 View Post
Exactly the point.

You clearly didn't even read my post, the concept wasn't my own it was made by a group of players who are the best in these particular fields. And you just suggested random ideas that completely ignore some of the critical points of the whole idea. Top players becoming captains is a major part of the incentives of actively participating, and allows anyone their chance to lead -- without requiring GBA friendship or 300k. "Hey let's just ****ing vote on it hurdur"

You never listen to players, literally every single player that has posted on the other thread has asked to not have to use a cheap chat command to remove your 'little bigger colorful' inventory every single time they log-in.

And you're not listening to me now, you're just doing whatever you want as usual.. which will lead to asking Fiber what he thinks about something beyond his range (since he can't PK/Lead either). Resulting in a system with a billion knobs that have nothing to do with gangs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supaman771 View Post
I don't know/care how the first 4 captains are chosen
Your words, not mine.

I was merely offering suggestions/help, I'm not doing a thing until these ideas start becoming a plan. I also mentioned leaders being chosen based on their rank within the first day. And I was asking Fiber for graphics advice, nothing more.
Old 05-04-2014, 08:13 PM
Fiberwyre_P2P will become famous soon enough
As much as I'm not trying to start anything, I kind of agree with Rogue XD
With something as important as a new, possibly permanent, gang system, you're going to want to not "pull a Tim".

Listen to the ideas, understand the intent behind them (what problem(s) they're trying to solve), and implement them as they were originally envisioned, or if you are absolutely sure that you have a better solution to the problem, THEN do whatever you want. But if you do whatever you want, at least make sure it's solving the same problem, as effectively (or more effectively), as the original idea would have. And above all, don't over-complicate it to the point where people don't want to use it or dumb it down to the point that it doesn't do everything that it's supposed to.
Old 05-04-2014, 08:37 PM
a true gentlemen
Tim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiberwyre_P2P View Post
Listen to the ideas, understand the intent behind them (what problem(s) they're trying to solve), and implement them as they were originally envisioned, or if you are absolutely sure that you have a better solution to the problem, THEN do whatever you want. But if you do whatever you want, at least make sure it's solving the same problem, as effectively (or more effectively), as the original idea would have. And above all, don't over-complicate it to the point where people don't want to use it or dumb it down to the point that it doesn't do everything that it's supposed to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim_Rocks View Post
I'm not doing a thing until these ideas start becoming a plan.
That's why there needs to be a plan put in place. This isn't a project I was just going to wing, nor do I have to be the one that does it. Last time a gang system was made, it was released incomplete. We can't let that happen again.
Old 05-04-2014, 08:39 PM
Posting The Truth
Supaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
With something as important as a new, possibly permanent, gang system, you're going to want to not "pull a Tim".
This is kinda what I was getting at, as rude as I came off not understanding what he was saying... being that he didn't use direct quotes I thought ideas meant ideas. Silly me.

Sorry, I just kind of wanted this to be made perfectly, not Timized with a million customizations as other projects. The goal is to be simple and precise.

Amsel helped with the original concept and offered to help create it, and since then I got my Melon to 'help' should he have the time to offer. Just because I'm not on the team doesn't mean I can't get a lot of stuff done, I always have.. even when I was blacklisted.

If you really insist on mocking something up, me and Blue did some drawings:

http://imgur.com/uAqA5wG - Roog
http://i.imgur.com/79q3UVu.png - melon

We're pretty unanimous that a player-card layout would be better. It would prevent accidentally drafting a player with a double-click and would keep the list much more simple, preventing lag from loading a ton of information. Also a search bar would be nice. Not 100% on the timer, I think it would keep the draft from going forever.. but Blue says it could cause problems if there is lag or something.
Old 05-04-2014, 10:56 PM
Kohola_KinG is on a distinguished road
Yawn. Ideas after ideas and none of them will ever be implemented and some of them i disagree with and so will others. Everyone has different opinions and views. Doesn't matter what happens from here on out. Era is dead.. It can't and wont be revived.

It's gameover guys. It would be sick if we had a good gang system with people raiding all the time etc but sadly it doesn't matter if you have the best system in place. The game is dead. Without the players how can you get the activity.

This game lacks advertisement and even if we had 100+ players daily the server wouldn't be able to cope.

I think it's time for most of you guys to start playing games that you pay for.. You get professional support/updates/gameplay.

Nothing to complain about.

(Lol at Wil. Nga thinks he's Floyd Mayweather of Era with that attitude.. Do what wil says and era will die much quicker)
Old 05-05-2014, 12:10 AM
How's this?

P.S. Forgot the search bar. Whoops XD
Old 05-05-2014, 12:25 AM
Posting The Truth
Quote:
How's this?
Pretty much.
Old 05-05-2014, 01:41 AM
Banned
Godzilla has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohola_KinG View Post
Yawn. Ideas after ideas and none of them will ever be implemented and some of them i disagree with and so will others. Everyone has different opinions and views. Doesn't matter what happens from here on out. Era is dead.. It can't and wont be revived.

It's gameover guys. It would be sick if we had a good gang system with people raiding all the time etc but sadly it doesn't matter if you have the best system in place. The game is dead. Without the players how can you get the activity.

This game lacks advertisement and even if we had 100+ players daily the server wouldn't be able to cope.

I think it's time for most of you guys to start playing games that you pay for.. You get professional support/updates/gameplay.

Nothing to complain about.

(Lol at Wil. Nga thinks he's Floyd Mayweather of Era with that attitude.. Do what wil says and era will die much quicker)
The only reason it's dead is because the past, present and future Staff teams have killed it, not only with pointless and shitty updates or new things that drove players away but by simplying not allowing people to play once they did/do wrong.

I've been talking a lot with the current top staff of the current leading server "Delteria" all I've really talked about is how to not lose playercount and how to keep people interested. The main answer I got back was; "We don't ban people for more than 3 days, ever. other servers, Era being a big one, have banned players for years and years and that playercount of banned players who want to play builds up" Now don't get me wrong, I'm banned and I'm not making this post in hopes to be unbanned, I actually have a happy and fulfilled life without this piece of **** in it but I couldn't help but think; "holy ****, it's true." Do yourself a favor and start working with those doing the wrong, instead of eliminating them all together.

BlueMelon gave me the incentive to try to become a PR, I did, became PRA and helped remove 30mil of spawned, duped and otherwise illegal money from the economy.

It's quite simple really; You catch someone duping, you tell them they can keep half of it if they just tell you how it's done or how it's working... you fix it.

I know the management team did a few shoddy deals with players during that time and we eliminated MOST of the duping techniques, I even caught my own manager USDing.

Pointless rant and almost off-topic but we all know these threads always lead to; Era is ****, no player count, no idea will work bla bla bla

I can't fully wrap my head around Rogues idea but I usually agree 90% of the time with how he has handled gangs/guns in the past.

TLDR; little rant, unban everyone and watch the influx after advertisement.
Old 05-05-2014, 01:46 AM
a true gentlemen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla View Post
TLDR; little rant, unban everyone and watch the influx after advertisement.
Just the other day I was talking about this, it needs to be done, we're only hurting ourselves in the end.

btw, we managed to get over 100 players on average this weekend. So that's something, I suppose.

Last edited by Tim_Rocks; 05-05-2014 at 02:08 AM..
Old 05-05-2014, 02:49 AM
Kohola_KinG is on a distinguished road
What fiber has done is what i've been saying the whole time. Haven't really read what his idea is but guis like this where you lock in your gang for GANG EVENTS should be the future for gang events isntead of having to be summoned and all the hassle of trying to get people online, lag limits bla bla bla

We need systems like this everywhere and anywhere in gangs possible.

Also about unbanning everyone. I agree with this. Why not? We have 'PR's' who is suppose to deal with illegal activity. They don't do anything this will keep them busy.

Actually, governments have done this and called it the 'good friday agreement'. Where all the criminals in jail all got released on the good friday agreement.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Good_Friday_Agreement

So hell yeah, why can't we do it on era? Start unbanning everyone. Let's get the playercount as high as possible and maybe stefan will give us better servers to play on.

Then we get to the point where after everything i just said doesn't serve any purpose and it wont be done.

Anybody wanna bet against me? stake your bets.
Old 05-05-2014, 11:33 AM
Butterscotch Pudding
shrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to behold
A few years ago, everybody on Era was unbanned anyway. I think Calani did it? I don't remember, but yeah it's been done in the past.
Old 05-05-2014, 12:36 PM
To clarify something about the Good Friday Agreement, as far as I can tell, it only applied to prisoners who were serving sentences related to paramilitary activity. They weren't releasing your run-of-the-mill rapists and murderers.

And to clarify about the image I posted above (and below), that's just something I drew in Photoshop. It's not a working GUI or system (yet).

Also, just to add an idea of my own to it, what about being able to see details of the draft in progress?
kinda like this:

And one more thing. What would happen if the time ran out on someone's pick? The system chooses for them randomly?

Last edited by Fiberwyre_P2P; 05-05-2014 at 01:28 PM..
Old 05-05-2014, 06:20 PM
Posting The Truth
Quote:
Also, just to add an idea of my own to it, what about being able to see details of the draft in progress?

And one more thing. What would happen if the time ran out on someone's pick? The system chooses for them randomly?
I like that, I wanted to be able to see the draft results somewhere public so players can track it or view it after and see when they got chosen.

The timer wasn't 100% I kinda liked it so the draft wouldn't take too long, but Blue says with delay or server lag it could cause issues. If you didn't choose in the timer it would just go to the next persons selection, or just lock in the player you have currently 'selected'
Old 05-05-2014, 06:36 PM
a true gentlemen
Wouldn't most players have a pretty good idea who they're going to pick anyway? Fiber did you template that GUI for use, kinda looks like the gun skins one.